跳至内容
广场

亚里士多德广场

45位当地人推荐 ·

来自当地人的小建议

Ευστρατιος
Ευστρατιος
June 15, 2020
The centre of Thessaloniki
Costas
Costas
March 29, 2020
The heart of the city, surrounded by cafes crowded all day long, is a place of meeting with happenings and events throughout year
Katerina
Katerina
September 11, 2019
It was designed by French architect Ernest Hébrard in 1918, but most of the square was built in the 1950s. It is an important tourist attraction for the city with numerous cafes and bars. The two quarter-circle sides of the square are occupied by important buildings. On the left is Electra Palace…
Dimitris
Dimitris
July 20, 2019
Aristotle Square is one of the central squares of Thessaloniki. It starts from the semicircular buildings to the north of Mitropoleos Street, which crosses it to this point, and continues up to Niki Avenue, in the sea. The square is a popular spot for tourists and locals, with many refreshments and…
Nikos-Dimitra
Nikos-Dimitra
July 15, 2019
Aristotelous Square (Greek: Πλατεία Αριστοτέλους) is the main city square of Thessaloniki, Greece and is located on Nikis avenue (on the city's waterfront), in the city center. It was designed by French architect Ernest Hébrard in 1918, but most of the square was built in the 1950s. Many buildings…

附近的独特精彩体验

附近的住宿

当地人还推荐的好去处

Establishment
“One of the most characteristic monuments of Thessaloniki is the Arch of Galerius, located on the upper side of the Via Egnatia, a short distance from the Rotunda. (The Rotunda is a building with internal niches, serving as a place of worship). The Arch of Galerius is a glorious monument, whose purpose was not practical, but memorial and honorary. It is a triumphal arch built shortly before 305 AD to honor the Roman Emperor Galerius, after the final victory over the Persians. The triumphal arch that was positioned perpendicular to the ancient Egnatia, which crossed the city (west to east) forming a part of the Roman Palace of Galerius, which was developed through the current squares of Navarinou and Hippodrome. The construction design of the arch of Galerius was such as the two major roads to pass beneath it and crossed right in the middle, the current Egnatia Street and the street starting from the Arch and ending at the south gate of the wall of the Rotunda.”
  • 43位当地人推荐
历史景点
“Thessaloniki’s symbol, the White Tower is a 15th century fortification which was part of the city’s defenses. The White Tower is the point where the seaward defense and the eastern wall met. For years it served as a prison for condemned prisoners awaiting execution. In early 1980s it was reconstructed and since 1985 is operating as a museum. Today the White Tower is used as a place of exhibition of the Byzantine Museum of Thessaloniki. For the first months of 2002 it housed ‘Byzantine Hours’, an exhibition devoted to ordinary life in Byzantine times. The first floor was presenting the “Professionals in the market place “ which actually is a presentation of tools and other objects belonging to goldsmiths, blade-smiths, glassmakers and tillers together with coins and a miniature model of Thessaloniki’s market place. The second floor was devoted to journeys and trade. Objects and texts related to journeys by sea and overland, fairs, spectacles and pilgrimages. The third floor is a presentation of the Byzantine home and its interior design, the decoration, supper, and the neighborhood. At the floor above there was an exhibition of life at home with garments and footwear, cosmetics, perfume and jewellery, personal grooming, and even superstitions. The theme of the top floor was covering burial and funerary customs.”
  • 116位当地人推荐
History Museum
“The Rotunda is part of the imperial complex built in 306 AD as the Pantheon (or mausoleum) for the emperor Galerius. As the name suggests the monument is a circular building with a dome 24 meters in diameter. Theodosius the Great turned it into a church during his reign for many years was the church of Thessalonica. The church was converted into a mosque during the Ottoman Empire in 1591, and added a minaret which is still preserved and is the only one in Thessaloniki. The Rotunda owns some perfect and remarkable mosaics. Today operates as a museum and there is no regular holly service (except for some very important dates).”
  • 45位当地人推荐
Bridal Shop
“The church of Agios Dimitrios is dedicated to the patron Saint of the city and holds a prominent position among all the churches in this city. The Church has a rich history. Originally was built as a small chapel in 313 AD, on the ruins of an ancient Roman bath. In the fifth century the Bishop Leontius reconstructed the small chapel to a large basilica. This church was burned somewhere between the 626 AD and 634 AD. When it was constructed again took the form of a five-aisled basilica but in 1493 the Turkish invaders converted it into a mosque! In 1912 the church returned to the Christians but the great fire in 1917 destroyed it completely. The church commenced its holly service in 1949. The church is located on the ruins of the Roman Forum and is a basilica with five naves, a transept and a vestibule. It has a crypt located directly beneath the transept and the sanctuary. There are catacombs beneath the temple among which is the hall of the prison of St. Demetrius. The church has a museum and three chapels on one side. On the southeast side of the church there is the small chapell of Agios Efthimios. The church Agios Dimitrios before the devastating fires of 1917 was decorated with sculptures, frescoes and mosaics, most of which were destroyed and today only a few remnants can tell the glorious past of the monument.”
  • 47位当地人推荐
History Museum
“The Museum of Byzantine Culture opened its doors for public in the year of 1994. The idea for the foundation of a Byzantine Museum was to create the home of the Byzantine culture in the area of Macedonia and in particular to Thessaloniki, keeping the culture alive while offering the possibility to students and the society to research and study on the topic. In the museum there are sculptures, frescoes, mosaics, icons, metalwork, coins, wall paintings glassware, pottery and inscriptions from the Byzantine times. It has permanent exhibitions, rooms for temporary thematic exhibitions, conservation workshops, and storage rooms. Today, three permanent exhibitions are open, presenting the society and the art of the Early Christian period (4th–7th centuries AD) emphasizing on the transition from the ancient world to Christianity. The topic of the first exhibition is “Early Christian Churches” and the design and decoration of Christian churches in the first centuries. The second exhibition is Early Christian Cities and Houses presenting the economic life, domestic handicrafts, as well as details of food and clothing. The centre of the room is dominated by the reception room of a house with a mosaic floor and very well preserved wall paintings. The third exhibition is called “From the Elysian Fields to the Christian Paradise, and it focuses on Early Christian cemeteries. The fourth exhibition is called “‘From the Iconomachy to the Brilliance of the Macedonians and the Komninos’ Dynasty. It presents the Iconomachy, architecture, painting, sculpture, ceramics, lead seals and coins in mid-Byzantine churches, monasteries and the Christianize of the Slavs by the Thessalonians brothers, the monks Cyrillus and Methodius. Future exhibitions will present the dynasties of the Byzantine emperors in chronological order from Heraclios (610-641) to the fall of Constantinople in 1453. In the ‘Byzantine Castle’ exhibits and information are used to show how the castle was organized and describe a picture of everyday life and production within and outside its walls. (Closest Bus Stop Archaeological Museum, distance 100meters)”
  • 46位当地人推荐
地点
Thessaloniki, 546 24