Government House Foundation
Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan, was constructed as a residence for the Lieutenant-Governor of the North-West Territories, whose territorial headquarters were in Regina until the provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta were created out of the Territories in 1905 and Regina became the capital of…
Now open to visitors, this was once home to lieutenant-governors of Canada's Northwest Territories.
Government House was constructed as a residence for the Lieutenant-Governor of the North- West Territories. It has served as a hospital for veterans and a school in the past, but is now a beautifully restored museum that is especially beautiful in December, decked in a Victorian Christmas.
“The legislative building and its grounds were designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 2005. It is also a Provincial Heritage Property under the Heritage Property Act. Of historical significance, the table that was used during the meeting of the Fathers of Confederation in Quebec City in 1864 resides in the building's library, albeit with six feet of it removed. Lieutenant-Governor Edgar Dewdney of the North-West Territories brought the table to Regina, which was the capital of the territory at the time. It was used in the offices of the Indian commissioner for Manitoba and the North-West Territories until 1896. Six feet of the table length was removed from the middle so that it could fit within the limited confines of the Prince Edward Building, the temporary home of the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan while the Saskatchewan Legislative Building was under construction.”
“Large Mall featuring 2 floors of fashion & specialty retailers & a food court with global eateries.”
“Modern multiplex cinema chain screening the latest Hollywood films, plus new independent releases.”
“The RCMP Heritage Centre is a law enforcement museum located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. The museum houses a number of exhibits on the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and artifacts relating to the police force. The heritage centre's 6,000-square-metre-building was designed by Nick Milkovich Architects, and is situated in the northeast end of RCMP Academy, Depot Division. Construction for the RCMP Heritage Centre began in 2005 to replace the RCMP Centennial Museum, also located at Depot Division. The RCMP Heritage Centre was officially opened to the public in May 2007.”
“Casino Regina is a casino located on Saskatchewan Drive — in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. It operates in the city's former union station, a Tyndall and ashlar stone structure completed in 1912.”