One bedroom pop-art inspired apartment with private balcony overlooking roof terrace garden. Comfortably fits three and located in a safe and quiet area with excellent transport links. For a summary of the best bits skip to the reviews :)
5 mins walk to Acton Town tube station. All major London tourist attractions within 10 - 25 mins by walking/tube/bus:
• Natural History Museum, Science Museum, V&A Museum
• Kew Gardens, Richmond Park, Hyde Park
• Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace
• Harrods, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Westfield Shopping Centre
• Buckingham Palace, St James Park
• Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, British Museum
• Chinatown, Covent Garden, Portobello Market
• Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster Abbey
The apartment has been featured in various international design magazines and blogs, and is also on Airbnb's Top 50 most popular listings in London. It is a great option for any design-minded or otherwise curious individuals seeking a unique, cozy and well-connected place to stay in the heart of London.
•• At a glance ••
1. Welcome to Bronnley Court, a newly built, gated and secure 1 bedroom flat in West London.
• Completed January 2013
• Brand new interior with penthouse balcony
• Private terrace garden views from 3rd floor location
• Designed by award-winning architecture firm based in Singapore
2. What's so great about the location?
• Close to famous West London attractions
• Served by Acton Town Underground Tube Station (District & Piccadilly lines), Acton Central Overground Station and Acton Mainline/Ealing Broadway Train Station
• Excellent direct transport links via Underground tube services into Central London (15 mins) and Heathrow Airport (20 mins)
• Perfectly situated for day trips to renowned attractions West of London
eg. Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Palace, Wimbledon Tennis Club, Harry Potter Studio Tour, Legoland Windsor, Oxford, Reading, Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon and The Cotswolds
3. Luxurious amenities include:
• King-sized bed with custom upholstered headboard and 5* hotel industry mattress
• Fast and unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
• New power shower and bath
• Private balcony with parasol and lounge seating overlooking roof terrace garden
• 720p HD projector for 160" home theatre in bedroom
• Home cinema system/Playstation 3 in living room and bedroom, over 300 Blu-ray films to choose from
• Wireless music streaming
• Philips LivingColors mood lighting
• Fully furnished with Bosch and Miele appliances
4. For your convenience:
• Fresh sheets, towels, toiletries and hairdryer are provided
• One free 3G/roaming compatible UK SIM card for each guest with 5 GBP pre-loaded value on first top-up.
• Brand new LG washer-dryer available for all laundry needs
• Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary coffee capsules
• Tea, milk, snacks provided for free
• London guidebooks, travel map and umbrella for guest use
• Brand new 24-hour gym in building open from end October 2013
5. Shopping and dining:
• Selection of excellent and award-winning restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars right at your doorstep
• 3 min walk to all local amenities on Acton High Street
• 3 min walk to giant Morrison's supermarket and 24 hour Tesco Express
• £3 at the Red Lion and Pineapple gastropub right downstairs will get you a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, beans, sausages and toast. Or better yet - go for their scrumpalicious Eggs Benedict (:
•• Apartment ••
The bright and airy corner flat is perfect for the couple, young family or modern professional who desires the luxury and comfort of their own private retreat in London. It features an open plan reception room, an attached private balcony overlooking a roof terrace garden, double bedroom, kitchen with all appliances and a luxurious bathroom with shower and bath. Floor to ceiling glass panels let plenty of natural sunlight into the house.
The interior is pop-art inspired, featuring bold, graphic designs and stylish showpieces. Amongst the quirkier items, you will find an original replica Star Wars lightsaber, a restored vintage Japanese 1960 Janik refractor telescope, and a stunning hand-made Ted Brewer electric violin. Other displays include Rob Lichtenstein artwork, hand-picked paintings from Montmartre, Paris, as well as black and white photography stills from Portobello Market and colourful wood block prints from Brick Lane Market. The newly-installed fresh green lawn on the balcony, however, is what really makes the entire apartment pop! It even comes with the obligatory pet penguin. A set of lounge furniture and a balcony parasol means you can enjoy the spectacular sunset over London every evening, with a glass of wine and a good book in hand.
The apartment is superbly tranquil and peaceful at night, benefiting from an exclusive and private 3rd floor location at the end of the corridor, and also because it faces inwards towards the roof terrace garden. An abundance of mood lighting options transform the entire apartment into a cozy and atmospheric retreat when evening falls, with the Philips LivingColors system placing you in direct control of your desired ambience.
And because great sleep is the most important factor during any vacation, you will wake up each morning on a king-sized 5* hotel quality mattress feeling thoroughly recharged and refreshed!
•• Entertainment ••
There's no shortage of entertainment options to help you relax after a long day out exploring the city - 2 home cinema systems, an extensive Blu-ray movie collection, Freeview HD digital channels, as well as unlimited and high speed internet access. A freshly brewed cup of espresso from the Nespresso machine is also a great way to start or end off your day.
If watching Inception or Avatar on a 160" projector with surround sound while in bed doesn't sound like your idea of fun, you can also choose to spend an evening stargazing from the comfort of your balcony, using a restored vintage Japanese 1960 Janik refractor telescope. Alternatively, browse the book collection and plan for the next day with recommended London guide books, or challenge your friends/family to a range of different PS3 games! There is also a dedicated work area for you to use your laptop, equipped with a wireless laser printer that supports printing from your mobile or laptop.
Music-lovers can find joy in streaming your music wirelessly from any of the hi-fi speakers in each room, or just put on one of the carefully prepared playlists from the supplied iPod library to match your mood. An electric guitar with amplifier is also available if you have a sudden urge to channel Jimi Hendrix, while a mountain bicycle and 3-men tent can be made available for guest use free of charge - a great alternative way to discover the surrounding area and parks!
A brand new 24-hour gym in the building will be open from November 2013, meaning you can end off the day by working up a healthy sweat. It offers over 220 pieces of state of the art fitness equipment, sun beds and shower facilities. You can attend one of the many free professional-led classes, which include Pilates, yoga, spin, circuits and abs toning. Daily or weekly passes can be purchased online for immediate pin code access of the gym.
•• Dining and Supermarket ••
Giant Morrisons supermarket and 24 hour Tesco Express within a 3 mins walk of the apartment.
Variety of excellent and value for money (£6-12) restaurants downstairs to suit all taste-buds: Chinese, English, Thai and French. Red Lion and Pineapple gastropub is a personal favourite, offering proper meals, hamburgers, salmon fillets and steaks for £6 (and a pint for just under £2!), while family-run North China restaurant is famous throughout London, and usually fully packed in the evenings. The Little French Restaurant and Thai Nice Restaurant are also both extremely highly-rated by patrons on Tripadvisor.
West Acton and Ealing Common both have a number of stellar Japanese restaurants due to the Japanese school close by. Atari-ya is my first choice when I want sashimi and sushi; the fish is always fresh and expertly prepared by Japanese chefs. The other interesting restaurants are Momo and Kiraku, both serving a wider variety of cooked foods and sushi. All three restaurants are frequented by the local Japanese community - a sure sign that the cuisine is authentic!
There are plenty of local bars and pubs for a drink after a meal, and fast food take-aways like Domino's Pizza, Subway, Macdonalds and kebab shops are just a short walk away. Further dining/bar options are available at the nearby Westfield Shopping Centre, Chiswick High Street or Ealing Broadway.
•• Local Attractions ••
• Kew Royal Botanic Gardens - 2.4 miles.
UNESCO World Heritage Site. Houses the world's largest collection of living plants, covering over 121 hectares of gardens and botanical glasshouses. Panoramic views from an 18 m high, newly constructed treetop walkway. Free tours conducted daily.
• Westfield Shopping Centre - 2 miles.
Biggest shopping complex in Europe. My personal favourite shopping place as it offers a unique shopping experience with famous restaurants, cinemas and prestigious (eg. Dior, Prada, Versace, Burberry, Gucci, Louis Vuitton), as well as popular high-street brands (Banana Republic, Zara, River Island, Gilly Hicks Topshop, Hollister...) all under one roof.
• Acton Transport Museum Depot - 0.5 miles.
Contains ov(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) objects of all types pertaining to London transport, forming one of the most comprehensive and important records of urban transport anywhere in the world. The Depot can be visited by booking onto one of their monthly guided tours, or coming along to their popular Open Weekends.
• O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire - 2.4 miles.
Famous intimate music venue in West London. It specializes in the indie/rock genres, and famous artistes who have played there recently include top acts such as Muse, One Republic, Metric and Radiohead. The venue is known for its superb architecture and is aesthetically beautiful inside, retaining its Victorian elegance.
• Gunnersbury Park - 1.5 miles.
Sprawling park with a boating lake, 18th century bathhouse, free tennis courts and numerous football pitches. It is also home to Gunnersbury Park Museum, a showcase for local history, archaeology, costume and fine art.
• Ealing Broadway - 1.2 miles.
High street shopping. Many UK retail brands like Primark, River Island and H&M. Large selection of coffee shops and dining options, including the excellent Hare & Tortoise restaurant.
• Chiswick High Street - 1.6 miles.
Trendy town with wide range of stylish shops, Michelin-starred restaurants and upmarket bars, home to resident London heartthrob Colin Firth.
• Royale Leisure Park - 1.8 miles.
Enormous American-style diner and entertainment complex with huge carpark, restaurants, bowling alleys, cinema, arcade and pool tables.
Full list of amenities:
•• Living room ••
• Private balcony with lounge seating overlooking roof terrace garden
• 40" Samsung smart HD TV (with access to BBC iPlayer, Youtube etc)
• Philips surround sound system with wireless music streaming
• Over 300 Blu-ray films to choose from
• Sony iPhone radio dock
• Philips LivingColors mood lamp
• iPod Classic with extensive music library: More than 2000 songs and 300 artistes of every genre
• 3-seater sofa that converts into single bed for one
• Fresh, 100% Egyptian cotton bedding
• Luxurious king-sized bed with custom upholstered headboard
• Excelsior Deluxe 1200 pocket-sprung mattress (5* hotel industry mattress)
• 720p HD projector system for 160" home cinema
• Playstation 3 entertainment system
• Wireless Harmon Kardon Soundsticks lets you stream your own music over sound system
• Newly installed luxury bathroom with choice of shower or bath
• Heated rail for towels
• Wireless bluetooth speaker for playing your favourite tunes in the bath.
• Fresh towels, toiletries and hair-dryer provided
• Brand new, large capacity LG washer-dryer
• Philips iron and ironing board
• Modern, fully equipped and Bosch-outfitted kitchen with Nespresso machine, induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, fridge freezer.
Dedicated work area:
• Sony iPhone dock and radio clock
• Unlimited Wi-Fi internet
• Wireless Samsung laser printer that supports printing from your mobile or laptop
• Charging for latest Apple devices supported, including older generations of iPod/iPhone/iPad
• Micro USB charger available
* Onstreet parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays and between 4pm - 9am on weekdays. Parking outside of these hours can be arranged at 60p/hour.
•• Host Message ••
Whew! I hope you enjoyed reading my 3000 words description as much as I enjoyed writing it! (Probably the longest description in all of Airbnb). As you can probably tell, I am extremely enthusiastic about the appeal of my flat and the surrounding areas, as well as Acton's awesome connectivity to the rest of London. If that doesn't convince you enough, feel free to have a look below at the great reviews from my previous guests, and be sure to drop me a message if you have any further questions! I promise I won't bite :) It would be absolutely amazing too if you could add in a bit about yourself and what you do, and why you are coming to London so I can best tailor your experience!
The apartment is my personal home, but it is fully available to guests whenever I am away. Being extremely house-proud, I have invested a lot of time and effort in order to keep the place meticulously clean and pretty. Everything is included in the price - internet, water and electricity bills, as well as use of the washing machine. There are no hidden cleaning fees (unlike virtually every other host on Airbnb), and I only request that you keep the house as clean as you find it.
Finally, because this isn't run like a hotel, and is only available at extremely limited times of the year, what you can look forward to is a 100% personalized and dedicated service over the entire duration of your stay! I look forward to meeting you! - Ethan
1. Thank you for viewing my place on Airbnb! I don't run the flat as a business - This is my personal home in which I have invested a lot of time and effort to make and keep pretty, so please treat my apartment with lots of care as you would your own house!
2. I am extremely house proud, and I take great pride in keeping my place meticulously clean, tidy and new-looking (as it actually is). I also make it a point to leave the apartment in a spotless shape for guests. I don't charge any cleaning fee as I clean it myself, and although I don't expect guests to leave it spotless, I do expect you to leave it in a similar state to how you found it.
3. I would absolutely love to accommodate everyone's arrival times. However as I am a full-time student, I cannot arrange for check-in at certain times of the day. This is negotiable, depending on my schedule, and I will try my best to be flexible. I can accommodate late check-outs.
4. Unless discussed beforehand, there are no provisions for the use of cooking facilities in the kitchen, as the apartment is being offered on a bed and breakfast basis. However, you are very welcome to help yourselves to a hot drink if you wish to use the kettle or microwave for heating up a ready-meal.
5. Most importantly, do not bring other friends/people into the apartment, even if it's just for a short while. They may be your friends, but please remember that to me they are strangers entering my home.
6. Please be considerate to my neighbours as I have a very good relationship with them, and keep noise levels reasonable.
7. I will have a house manual, movie catalogue and personally prepared eating/attractions/travel guide in the apartment for guests. I am also very happy to receive any number of text messages/emails/calls to facilitate your stay. Please treat me as your friend and host in London, not a landlord :)
- No shoes in the house please!
- No food/drinks to be consumed in the bedroom.
- No friends/acquaintances are allowed in the apartment, unless included at the time of reservation.
- Please clear all trash when you check out on your last day.
- Smoking and pets are not allowed.
Thank you, and I look forward to meeting you! - Ethan
London-based doctor, from the way-too-hot country of Singapore.
Wikipedia nut. Plays chess, but I'm equally addicted to sports (and sushi). Avid swimmer, also into tennis, soccer and American Football.
Sharing my home with others from time to time allows me the chance to meet people from all around the world. I enjoy playing host, and I also greatly appreciate a random hearty conversation with anyone and everyone!