Our house is located in Normal Heights, one of the original suburbs of San Diego. Our neighborhood is central to best San Diego has to offer. The house is a Craftsman built in 1927 and lovingly maintained. We live in the back master bedroom, but we are renting the 2nd bedroom, which has its own modern bathroom. We enjoy cooking, hiking, the beach, and wine. We have two great dogs (who shed) and we love all pets, but can't welcome any more, much as we'd like.
This quaint Craftsman home was originally built in 1927 and has been well cared for. As it was built in simpler times, the spaces aren't oversized like today's McMansions. The guest room for rent is a little larger than 10'x10', and has a comfortable standard bed and work desk. It also has its own closet and full, private bathroom with contemporary shower and tub. There's also a 5-drawer dresser for your clothes and a bookcase for your reading materials.
The home has all the modern conveniences, including central heat and A/C and the kitchen features modern Bosch appliances (great for cooks), a Vitamix blender, and top end Miele washer/dryer, which you are welcome to use. For those who have sensitive skin, you'll appreciate our whole house water filter, which removes most common chemicals found in tap water including harsh disinfectants such as chlorine and chloramines which are added to sanitize city tap water.
We also have a large (for SoCal) back yard which is rustic, but is has two large pepper trees and is great for sitting outside and soaking in some sun.
In the living room, there's a 55" TV and offer Amazon Prime with thousands of free movies and programs to watch instantly. We don't have cable TV, but do have a super-fast 300 MBps internet connection with wireless access.
Front door, come and go as you please. Parking is usually available on the street, though at certain times you may need to park halfway down the block or so.
We're having to interact as much or as little as you like. If we're not at work or out and about, we'll probably be home cooking and enjoying a glass of wine. Guests with wine backgrounds will be asked many questions and perhaps invited to partake. And if you're lucky, Hanh likes to cook (she is quite good) and you will likely be invited to share a meal with us; completely up to you.
We have two dogs, Rottweilers, who spend the majority of their time indoors. When we are away they are kept in our bedroom with access to the back yard. They're very friendly toward people, but they do shed (so hair is unavoidable, though we try!) and come with the pleasures and inconveniences of having dogs. Dog lovers will enjoy petting Heidi (she insists) and Beau's puppy dog eyes. For electric car drivers, feel free to use our trickle (wall) charge; we have an adapter for the Chevrolet Bolt, or bring your own.
Please read these House Rules. Sorry to be so formal, but it’s for our mutual protection!
This agreement is between you, the named person in email correspondence, and the Owner, Philip G. Maravilla, for the property for the dates specified. By clicking OK and making payment you agree to these terms.
1. Smoking and pets are not allowed on the property at any time. Smoking in the house or any pets on the premises may incur an additional fee. Burning of candles, incense or any other materials is not permitted.
2. Guests: No overnight guests are allowed. Daytime guests are allowed with pre-approval by the Owner.
3. Injury and Loss/Damage of Personal Property: The property is privately owned; the Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. Any person in/on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Renters and Guests' personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by the Owner against loss or damage due to negligent acts of others or any other cause. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. The Owner is not responsible for any damage to personal articles washed in the supplied washer or dryer.
4. Sleeping Capacity / Right of Quiet Enjoyment: Guests will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee for any of the following reasons:
• Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation.
• People other than those listed in the Guest party made at the time of rental request staying overnight in the property.
• Using the premises for any illegal activity, including but not limited to the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age.
• Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties.
• Any other acts which interferes with the neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property.
5. Noise: Please respect our neighbors by keeping the volume reasonable. Quiet hours are 9 pm – 7 am.
6. Damage: Report any damage or malfunction to the Owner immediately. Use furniture and appliances for their intended uses only. You are responsible for any damages caused by negligence or intent, but not those of everyday wear and tear.
7. Plumbing: Please do not flush anything other than toilet tissue in the toilet. No paper towels, feminine products or baby products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that improper materials have been flushed and clog the system, you could be charged repair costs.
8. Parking: Street parking is usually easily available, but please be mindful of the parking signs and city regulations. We are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle or violations of city laws.
9. Departure: You are required to leave the property, including the furniture, in the same general condition as when you first occupied it at the expiration of your paid booking.
10. Dogs: The Owner has two dogs onsite. Interact with them only in the Owner’s presence.
11. Security cameras: The Owner has security cameras on the exterior of the building and in the Owner’s own private bedroom. The primary reason is to keep an eye on Owner's dogs remotely. Cameras are not monitored for security purposes.
12. Accommodations: The property is equipped and set up as fully furnished, including linens, blankets, pillows, towels, furnishings and furniture. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Feel free to use condiments and laundry detergent, but you are responsible for purchasing your own food.
13. You formally agree that you are a short-term renter and waive any claim or status as a tenant under California law for stays greater than 30 days.