Wake up to chirping birdsong in our spacious renovated studio cottage -- a private, peaceful oasis nestled in a lush jungle with a wrap-around lanai and lots of windows. Best central location, with easy access to freeways, stores, great hikes and beaches. A tranquil, friendly base from which to enjoy Oahu!
Newly renovated, private studio cottage nestled into lush jungle setting. Beautiful ceramic tile floor throughout, brand new kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, under cabinet lighting, new full-size fridge, new bathroom fixtures!
Just seven minutes' drive to stunning Kailua Beach, this very large, bright cottage is a completely self-contained, private space located in a tranquil, lush, tropical jungle setting at the back of the house, which sits at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. Feel completely nestled in and surrounded by gorgeous trees and greenery. Wake up to morning birdsong from your gorgeous back yard and preservation park surrounding your home. Be truly at one with nature, the rustling wind, the refreshing rain, as you sink into the peaceful beauty of this tranquility. Feel free to enjoy the back yard for your meals, yoga, or just staring at the moon and stars.
Fabulous central location two blocks from Kaneohe Bay Drive and city bus stop. Minutes to Kailua beach. Easy access to H-3, Likelike and Pali Highways. Minutes from grocery stores, restaurants and all the amenities you need.
The cottage is 600 square feet and has a private wrap-around lanai (porch) enclosing 2 sides. You get a peek of gorgeous Kaneohe Bay from the lanai. The private back yard that leads to the jungle is all yours to enjoy. The way the unit backs onto a private jungle preservation area and is set so far back on the property, you have only partial sight of one neighbor. It is so quiet back here that you will not hear any traffic noise or urban clamor.
The space includes a very comfortable queen size bed. Please note that this is a very good quality mattress, but it is a little on the soft side.
From the mahogany high-top dining table, enjoy the jungle view as you dine.
The main house (where we live) is in the front of the property and overlooks the bay. A laundry room, that is available for your convenience, separates the two homes.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a new fridge, induction hot plate, electric grill, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom has a huge walk-in tiled shower with great water pressure.
There is no TV in the cottage. You will have free wireless broadband internet access.
This rental is also not suitable for children.
In the interest of full disclosure, bugs and various creatures are part of living in Hawaii. The occasional cockroach is not a sign of sanitation problems. You will also very likely see geckos both inside and outside, and possibly hear or spot a wild pig in the jungle. You also might see a cane spider (large, but not poisonous) or a centipede (make sure you check that your footwear is uninhabited before putting it on). All of that being said, we can guarantee that the place is super clean!
Roosters are still legal to own for fighting or pleasure in urban, residential neighborhoods in Hawaii. They also live in the jungle, and have been known to wander closer to the property and on occasion even crow at odd hours, including in the middle of the night.
Good news is, there are no snakes in Hawaii!! And you will love waking to the symphony of wonderful birdsong in the morning. If in the unlikely circumstance that any wilderness or animal sounds do get too intrusive, please feel free to close the windows and use the white noise sound machine in the closet, which will drown out any unwanted noise.
We can accommodate Japanese speaking guests as we both speak Japanese. 日本語のお問い合わせをおまちしております.
You have off-street parking for one car on the flat concrete driveway on the side of the house.
Please note that the path from your driveway parking space to the cottage entrance at the rear of the property is not fully paved. There are concrete stepping stones leading the your entrance (see pictures), so roller luggage can be lifted and carried, but cannot be rolled.
Feel free to enjoy the boogie boards, beach chairs and equipment, tennis rackets and other play equipment in the garage.
We understand that the travel and vacation experience is a very personal one, and know that each and every traveler has a unique way they want to have that experience. So, we allow our guests to dictate whatever level of contact and interaction they want to have with us. If you want total privacy with no interaction, you've got it. If you want to pick our brains for local tips, advice and recommendations, we are equally happy to oblige. This is your vacation -- make it what you want!
Important: Please note that your total charge includes tax of 13.962%, comprised of 4.712% GE (general excise) tax and 9.25% TAT (transient accommodations) tax, as required by Hawaii state law for short-term vacation rentals.
Hawaii Tax License Number: W51508512-01
* Please remove shoes at the entrance. If you go into any other houses in Hawaii, you should do this also as it is custom here. In order to keep the inside floors clean, please do not walk barefoot outside. (And being near the jungle, you could step on a centipede which would be a painful experience!) We recommend having a pair of flip flops ("slippers" in Hawaii) at the front door for convenience. Of course flip flops are highly recommended for going to the beach anyway!
* No smoking, please. (Inside or outside, anywhere on the property.)
* This is an extremely quiet street in an older established neighborhood, and keeping it peaceful 24-7 is very important. No partying or raucous behavior, No loud volume (including music, voices, anything). We request this at all times of day and night. No unreasonable noise between the hours of 10pm and 7am, per local ordinance.
* Only the person(s) with whom we have confirmed the reservation may occupy the premises.
* Please take out your trash regularly and put it in the black bin on the driveway. Recyclables go in the blue bin.
* Please wash off beach sand, mud and dirt before you come in.
*Please use the bathroom towels for interior use only and only use the beach towels for outside use.
* Energy costs in Hawaii are the highest in the US, so please conserve water and electricity wherever possible. Please do not leave the lanai (porch) lights on over night, so that they do not shine into the neighbor's bedroom.
* Please try to minimize the frequency of laundry loads by washing full loads as much as possible. Please use no more than 1/2 capful of laundry detergent for each full load. We appreciate your cleaning out the lint screen after each load. Also, please ensure that your beach attire is free of sand before putting it in the washer or dryer.
* Please limit laundry use to the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm.
* The jungle in the back beyond our property line is actually private property, and the owner sometimes hunts pigs, so we advise against wandering into the jungle. (There are endless wonderful hikes in close proximity!)
* Property owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. In addition, property owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
* Most importantly, enjoy the Windward side of 'Oahu, Hawaii!
We are a family of four and we love where we live. Our biggest thrill is being in the beautiful nature that is everywhere on this part of the island. We enjoy travelling, theater, the arts, movies, eating out, eating organically, hiking, beaching and barbershop harmony. Our oldest son is a tech nut and can help you with ANY question you might have about any Apple product or Evernote. Our youngest will tell you a joke. We welcome you to our cottage, but have great respect for your privacy and the sanctity of your holiday.