Come stay in our comfortable, unassuming, laid back 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home situated on a tree-lined walking court in the Highlands Neighborhood - 5 minute walk to Bardstown Road & Cherokee Park.
IMPORTANT: The house is situated in a residential neighborhood, with neighbors in close proximity. We ask that noise is kept at an acceptable, "neighborly" level and quiet after 9pm. Please only book if this suits your group's needs.
Come stay in our comfortable, laid back home!
(The house is situated in a residential neighborhood, with neighbors in close proximity. We ask that noise is kept at an acceptable, "neighborly" level. Please only book if this suits your group's needs.)
***Derby 2017 Rental: minimum 3 nights. Please confirm Derby rates as the website does not calculate it accurately.***
***Please Note: 16.07% State and Local Sales and Transient Room Tax is included in the total displayed on Airbnb.***
The Neighborhood: The Highlands is THE best neighborhood in Louisville, centrally located, with lots to do within walking distance. We live on a lovely"walking street" - 2 rows of houses facing each other with a Dogwood tree lined walking court in between. Churchill Downs and Downtown is just a short drive away. Near various bus routes. 2 blocks from buzzling, eclectic Bardtown Road with restaurants, coffee shops, bars, shops and 5 minutes from Cherokee Park, with hiking trails, children's playgrounds, golf course, scenic walking/cycling loop road.
The House: 2 story house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room and living room .
Enjoy relaxing on our front porch with swing and outdoor chairs.
Amenities include cable, washer & dryer, full kitchen, wireless internet, walk-in closet space in Bedrooms 1&2, off-street parking. We'll provide sheets and towels. The fridge and pantry will be stocked with some herbs & spices, condiments, snacks, tea and coffee.
Our home is child friendly, should that be a consideration.
Brand new A/C and furnace installed in 2015 and 2016 respectively.
Professional cleaners will get the home spic'n span before your arrival.
Sleeping arrangements: (sleeping up to 6 people)
- Master bedroom with Queen bed (brand new (2016) Sealy Posturepedic mattress *cushioned firm), walk-in closet and flat screen TV with cable (sleeps 2)
- Bedroom with Full/Double bed walk-in closet (sleeps 2) (Brand new mattress as of 2017.)
- Bedroom with Queen bed (Firm Mattress with foam mattress topper )(sleeps 2)
- Convertible Futon Sofa in Living Room - sleeper dimension: 70.0' x 43.5' x 15.5' (sleeps 1 adult or 2 children)
- Camper fold-out bed (stored in bedroom #2 - can be set up in living room) (sleeps1)
- Baby Crib and/or pack'n play available
At&T U-verse Wire-less Internet & Cable TV
Tax quoted includes:
Kentucky Sales Tax, Kentucky Transient Room Tax, Louisville Transient Room Tax - Total: 16.07%
The entire house is available, apart from the garage. The drive-way is available for parking and street parking is typically not a problem at all.
Note that the fire place is NOT operational.
I live in Phoenix, so am available by phone, text and email, but not in person. I provide a next-door neighbor's contact information should any emergency arise that needs immediate and in-person assistance.
IMPORTANT: The house is situated in a residential neighborhood, with neighbors in close proximity. Please be respectful neighbors during your stay. We ask that noise is kept at an acceptable, "neighborly" level and quiet after 9pm. Please only book if this suits your group's needs.
1. The home is situated in a residential neighborhood – please respect our neighbors:
- Quiet time after 9pm
- Keep the front porch tidy during your stay – do not leave empty bottles,
glasses, cans, etc. on the wall outside. It is an eyesore and not in keeping with the character of the neighborhood.
- Do not enter or access neighbors’ yards. Specifically, please do not enter or kick/throw balls onto the property directly opposite us – the neighbor spends a lot of time and effort on her garden, and does not want plants to get ruined. A suggestion would be to play with balls further down on Edgewood Place or Cherokee Park is a 5 – 10 minute walk away with a huge field by Hogan’s Fountain.
2. Smoking is allowed outside on the back deck only. Please do not smoke on the front porch as the smoke travels over to the next door neighbor’s porch. An ashtray can be found in the kitchen in the skinny cabinet above the sink to the left. Please clean ashtrays and return them to the cabinet.
Thank you for your help in keeping our neighbors happy!
3. No illegal activities.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. We understand accidents happen, but please inform us of any damage, so we can fix it, claim against insurance or address it.
5. Pets are not allowed without permission.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Parking is available in the driveway, accessible from the alley behind the home. Street parking is easy and not restricted.
7. Fireplace: The fireplace is not operational. Do not attempt to use it.
8. Please clean the grill after use as a courtesy to the next guests, as our cleaning service does not clean this item.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in negative guest reviews and/or security deposit deductions. Thank you for your help!
We are a couple of documentary filmmakers, with 2 boys aged 8 and 5, who live a bit of a circus family life. We travel a lot, live in Phoenix, AZ for work and LOVE coming back to Louisville and our home and gorgeous, friendly neighborhood.