Tiny House is on a quiet street, centrally located, and walk-able to South Congress & Downtown. The open floor plan & loft bedroom is perfect for two, but can sleep four with sleeper sofa. Private entrance, off street parking & 2 bicycles included. Tiny House was featured on Tiny House Hunting Season 1, Episode 10, and in the blog "12 Texas Tiny Houses You Can Rent". Come see what the buzz is about!
Experience Austin like a native in historic Travis Heights, right in the heart of Austin! Tiny House is an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo) and is close to Rainey Street, downtown and Eastside restaurants, bars and clubs with 2 bicycles provided to explore. Big Stacy Pool is a short walk away for those hot summer days (it's also heated for winter swimming!), and the Boardwalk on Lady Bird Lake is close by, with easy access to the hike and bike trail. Tiny House boasts lots of natural light, a private entrance in a separate building and use of the spacious backyard.
- Living Space: queen sofa bed, office area, TV
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: full size refrigerator, microwave, gas range/oven, toaster oven, coffee maker & French press, cookware, silverware, dishes and basic spices
- Full bath with tub/shower combo & tank-less water heater: towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryer provided
- Loft bedroom with skylight: independent coil/memory foam pillow top queen bed, 100% cotton sheets, down alternative comforter & pillows, 2 nightstand/dressers with drawers
- Walk-in closet: lots of hangers, iron and ironing board, beach bag (4 towels, H2O bottles, soft cooler, blanket)
- 42" HDMI ready TV with (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Fiber
- DVD Player and movies
- Board Games
- Free Wireless (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Fiber Internet
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Prepare-your-own breakfast, coffee and tea provided
- Two bikes with helmets, locks and lights included
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Walk to: The Whip-In (Indian food & bar with live music), Beverage World (liquor, beer and wine), Cash Corner (gas, groceries, beer and wine), Big Stacy Pool and Park, Curra's Grill (Mexican food), Jo's Crab Shack (right on the water!)
- South Congress Street, SoCo, (.8 miles) is well-known for local Austin shopping and dining: Home Slice Pizza, Jo's (Coffee), Uncommon Objects (antiques and curios), Guero's (Tex Mex), June's Bistro (French), Amy's Ice Cream, Hotel San Jose Bar, Continental Club and Lounge & C-Boys Heart and Soul (nightclubs), Farm to Market Grocery, Vespaio Ristorante (Italian), Enoteca (Italian) Perla's Seafood & Oyster Bar, South Congress Café, Allen's Boots, Magnolia Cafe (24 hours!), Lucky Robot Japanese Kitchen
- Downtown: South Congress Bridge (largest Mexican fruit bat colony), The Austin Convention Center, Ironworks BBQ, Sullivan's Steak House, Ginger Man (great beer selection!), Fado Irish Pub, La Condesa
- Rainey Street district (less than 2 miles away): Lustre Pearl, Clive Bar, Bar 96, G'raj Mahal Cafe (Indian Food), Icenhauer's, Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden, 1/2 Step, the Blackheart Bar, Lucille's
- 6th Street/Red River District (only 2 miles away): The Alamo Ritz (movies and sing-a-longs), Easy Tiger (drafts, brats and games), The Jackalope (food and drinks), Casino el Camino (burgers and jukebox!), Beerland (music), Barbarella (dancing), Cheer Ups Charlie's (bar, DJ's and live music)
- The East Side bar and restaurant scene is 2.5 miles away and home to live music and outdoor venues: Yellow Jacket Social Club, Rio Rita, Liberty Bar/Eastside King Trailer, Qui (Paul Qui, winner of Top Chef Texas), White Horse, Violet Crowne, Shangri-La, Hotel Vegas, Gypsy Lounge, Buenos Aires Café, Weather Up, Eastside Showroom, The Volstead Lounge, "Juan in a Million" Mexican restaurant (featured on Man v. Food), Takoba, Longbranch Inn, Eastside Showroom, Justine's Brasserie (a real French Bistro open late!)
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Home of ACL, Botanical Gardens, Barton Springs, Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- The Circuit of the America's race track (Formula 1) is 12 miles east. There is a shuttle to F1 track that picks up at the Convention Center. Also home to the X-Games for the next 4 years!
- Big Stacy Neighborhood Park and Pool (spring fed, free & open year round - an easy walk)
- Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake to locals) Hike and Bike Trail and brand new Boardwalk is a short walk/ride away!
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Barton Springs (spring fed pool, $3), Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) and Canoe Rentals available
- Off street parking (up to 3 vehicles in driveway)
- Key-less entry, door code provided at booking
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Grills- 1 propane, 1 charcoal
- Access to washer/dryer upon request
Tiny House is located behind the owner's home at the back of the property. The entire back yard is fenced. You may see us during your stay, but you'll maintain privacy in your separate building.
* Four day minimum for SXSW Music and Interactive Festival
**This property is registered with the City of Austin. Short Term Rentals (STR) are required to pay hotel taxes. The City of Austin’s Hotel Occupancy Tax rate is 9 percent, comprised of a 7 percent occupancy tax and an additional 2 percent venue project tax. The City’s tax is in addition to the 6 percent rate imposed by the State of Texas.
***Rental requires a $200 deposit, which will be refunded in full, upon final exit of premises, as long as there is no damage or excessively messy condition of unit and/or property caused by renters or their guests. Discounts apply for stays of one week or more.
I am available for questions and directions. You're free to use the the grills (one propane, one charcoal) and gather around the raised fire pit in the backyard. When out and about, please adjust AC/Heat accordingly to avoid high bills. Smoking allowed outside only. There are no animals in the rental space, but can be considered. Please inquire. Because of the loft bedroom, small children are not recommended. Please wash your dishes and do a general clean up. Feel free to put towels in the hamper in the closet. Thanks!
I moved to Austin from San Francisco, sight unseen, 20 years ago and we've grown up together. I rented, then bought, my current home and have been here ever since! My house has been the hub of many gatherings and I'm a natural host- just ask my friends!
I'm active and am always up for adventure around town, out of town and around the world. I enjoy traveling, have lived abroad and logged many global miles, but it’s always nice to come home to enjoy all that Austin has to offer: music, dancing, natural springs, or enjoying the hike and bike trail along Lady Bird Lake.
I've been in the hospitality business for several years as a travel agent, bartender, catering and event coordinator, and would love to show you why Austin is the place to be!