Gnomeland is a shared-room housing option specifically tailored to the needs of the HR community.
Once you're confirmed, you'll be given access to a mobile app that controls the locks to the side gate, the garage, and the middle floor of the house.
The owners and property manger live in separate units from the one you're in, but our official house mom Carolyn is on site most of the time ready to help. if you ever need anything, just ring her on the intercom next to the gate.
- Please note that the back porch and yard are for the property owners only. Do not exit through the back door under any circumstances.
- We love our neighbors, so please be respectful and avoid noise pollution, especially at night. No shouting or raucous behavior will be tolerated.
- Absolutely no smoking, drinking, drugs, or controlled substances are allowed on the premises. You will be immediately evicted for smoking anything in the house, out a window, or on the surrounding property.
- Apart from those who are paying for a space, guests are not allowed in the house, even one-time drop-ins. If you would like to meet up with a friend in the neighborhood, please go to one of the many nearby cafes or parks.
- Out of respect for those who are allergic, no pets are not allowed in the middle floor unit. A dog lives in the bottom floor, but does not come into the area where you will reside.
- Even though cleaners will sweep and scrub for us, they have no way of tidying up our personal belongings. All of us need to be respectful of the space and make sure that we are keeping it organized and enjoyable to be in.
- We're relying on one another to take good care of this wonderful house where you and we all live. Be careful not to damage the fixtures or floors or other parts of the house, and if you do, we trust you'll take responsibility for the cost of fixing it. If someone else damages it, make sure the management is made aware.
- We're in this together, and to incentivize teamwork in keeping the space nice, we offer a $100 exit reward to each departing tenant if the space is all the tenants have kept the space free of any new damage in that housing cycle (unless it was reported and settled separately).