Spectacular views from the chalet. Perfect for retreats/reunions/family gatherings/writers/artists. Two living rooms, a game area, dining area, sociable kitchen. A bedroom and full bath on each of three floors.
Artisan stonemason Simon Shultz created magnificent two-story stone columns that support the outside deck and, at the heart of the chalet, a spectacular three-story stone core with two fireplaces. A charming spiral staircase connects all three floors. With 3600 square feet of living space, the chalet offers several gathering areas, including two separate living rooms, a game table area, a dining area and a sociable kitchen.
Marvelous for retreats, reunions, family gatherings, writers and artists. One bedroom and bath on each of three floors, connected by an enchanting spiral staircase. Two twin beds, two queen beds and two queen sofa beds. Great for three couples, one per floor. Furnished down to the cookbooks. There are games galore, hundreds of well-chosen books and over 200 movies on video.
The entire house and 18 private acres.
We are available through email. Our caretaker and our fixit man are both available by phone.
Airbnb collects Vermont's 9% Meals and Rooms Tax for us.
Because of the danger of fire in the country, we do not permit smoking anywhere on our property. Attempts to evade this prohibition will result in cancellation of your booking.
BE SURE TO READ OUR HOUSE MANUAL UNDER "BASICS." Also, lots of useful local information can be found under "Guidebook."
This Rental Agreement is a legally binding agreement between the Owners and the Guest, according to which the Guest has agreed to rent the Rye Chalet for the rental term for the total rental fee.
Guest agrees that no more than 10 persons will be permitted to stay on the property at any time, all of whom will comply with the conditions under this agreement.
CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY
The property is provided in “as is" condition. Owners will use their best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities, such as internet access, satellite TV, fireplace, dishwasher, washer and dryer. Owners are not responsible if items fail to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as fireplaces, decks and the like involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest's own risk.
Guest will use the property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage to the property and keep the property in clean, sanitary condition. Guest and any additional permitted guests will refrain from loud noise and will not disturb or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the property for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the property.
If Guest fails to comply with the conditions and obligations of this agreement, Guest will surrender the property, remove all Guest's belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the rental fee will be made.
Guest will not sublease the property or permit the use of any portion of the property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this agreement.
RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION
Guest agrees that all personal property brought into the property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors will be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage or other loss and Owners will not be liable for any reason whatsoever.
Guest agrees to hold harmless Owners from any liability incurred by Guest or Guest's guests relating to destruction of property or injury to persons sustained by Guest or Guest's guests on the Property and Guest expressly agrees hold Owners harmless in all such cases.
Guest hereby waives any claims against the Property owners and their representatives for any injuries sustained by Guest on the Property. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest's own risk.
ENTRY AND INSPECTION
Owners reserve the right to enter the Property with reasonable advance notice to inspect the Property. If Owners have a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Owners may enter the Property without advance notice.
UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY
In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to circumstances beyond the control of Owners, Owners will apply good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the Property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, Owners will immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this agreement will be terminated and Guest and Owners will have no further obligations or liabilities.
ADDITIONAL TERMS TO THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
Guest agrees that the following additional terms apply to the Guest's rental of the Property:
1. Age Requirement: We rent only to adults over the age of 25 who will be present at the cabin and can be legally and financially liable for the value of the cabin, its contents and its property. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will forfeit advance payment and the party will not be permitted to check in. The principal renter certifies that he/she is over 25.
2. No Smoking: The Rye Chalet is a no-smoking home. The chalet is surrounded by magnificent, very old woodlands and fire is of major concern in the country.
3. ATVs: ATVs are not permitted on Rye Chalet property or on town roads.
4. Water--Our water is clean and fresh from a deep well. The chalet is on its own septic system, so, to avoid overflowing, do not use all water sources---showers, dishwasher, washing machine, toilets---at the same time. This is particularly important for groups of 8-10.
5. Pets: Pets are permitted only with prior approval. Pet owners are responsible for their pets, including cleaning up any pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture; evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees. Kindly treat pets with topical flea and tick repellent prior to their residence in the cabin. Deer Ticks are found in Vermont. Rye Chalet assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to pets or humans on the premises.
6. Damage Deposit: A refundable damage deposit of $200 is required. This deposit is not applied toward rent, but is fully refundable a week after departure, provided there is no damage to the chalet, its contents and its property beyond normal wear and tear, and the following steps are followed prior to departure:
• Collect all trash and garbage and put it in the chalet's dumpster.
• Put used bed sheets and pillowcases (NOT blankets, mattress pads or comforters) in one basket in the laundry room and used towels (including kitchen towels) in the other basket.
•Put dirty dishes, pots and pans in the dishwasher and start it.
•Turn off all lights and close and lock all doors and windows upon
•Turn the three thermostats (one on each floor) to 55 degrees.
•Food left behind will be given to a local food bank.
•Don’t forget to sign the guest book.
•If cleaning the chalet takes an unusually long time due to failure to follow these instructions, the extra cost will be deducted from your damage deposit.
7. Fireplace: Fires in the fireplace are allowed in the main floor fireplace. Be sure to open the fireplace damper to let smoke out. The wider you open the damper, the faster your wood will burn. We give you enough firewood for a couple of fires, so you can have one on your arrival night. For more firewood, see our House Manual under "Basics." Do not leave the chalet while a fire is burning or embers are warm. Never burn pine wood in the fireplace.
8. Storm Policy and Road Conditions: No refunds will be given for storms. The chalet driveway is plowed, as is the town road leading to it. All-wheel drive is not required, but proceeding in low gear may make you feel more secure on country roads, which can be unpaved.