Welcome to your getaway - our cozy bungalow right on Honeoye Lake! Located in the rolling hills of the Finger Lakes on our waterfront property. We look forward to your stay! Comfortably sleeps 2 in a full-size bed & can fit 2 kids or 1 adult on a pull-out couch. The property includes flat-land lake access, a seasonal dock, fire pit, gas grill, kayaks/rowboat for rent, WiFi, cable TV, continental breakfast w/fresh eggs from our very own chickens, & a restaurant/bar/marina in walking distance.
This is a perfect home base to explore the Finger Lakes of NY! Our cozy bungalow has an open living room, kitchen and dining area, as well as a separate bedroom, bathroom (stand-up shower), and closet. The bedroom has a full-size bed to accommodate 2 adults, and there is a couch in the living-room that pulls out to sleep an additional adult guest (or 2 kids.. very tight squeeze for 2 adults but it has been done - please message if you are interested in having 4 adult guests).
Walk into the little but efficient kitchen, with a refrigerator (including basic condiments), a keurig and a selection of coffee and teas, cupboards for your food, working area for cooking, and all the kitchen utensils/pots/pans you'll need! Work, dine, stretch or play a hand of cards in the main space, - there are books, cards and puzzles for your use!
Grab anything you forgot (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc), then enjoy an evening out by the lake to watch one of our MANY beautiful sunsets. Stash your stuff in the walk-in closet and sleep tight in our *new* Zinus Memory Foam mattress with the crickets buzzing outside your window.
The bungalow itself is less than a minutes walk to the 100 ft waterfront with lake access (dock and optional boat launch spot) - perfect for fishing (great lake for Bass!), and swimming! This is a great spot for families, hunters, fishers, skiiers, and lake-enjoyers :)
The TV has basic cable, and COMING SOON - our guests asked so we listened... we will soon be adding a DVD player :)
Dock goes in for the season at the end of April and comes out the beginning of October. Due to dock damage security, the security deposit is raised to $500 during the season when the dock is in (end of April through the beginning of Oct). Security deposit is $300 the beginning of Oct through the end of April.
We remodeled the bungalow in Summer 2015 and began hosting in the winter of that year. We have added many things since then, and in 2017 additions include: a patio, landscaping, a gazebo & a new mattress. We continue to add to it & love constructive feedback - we hope you enjoy it!!
Changes to come: new floors and indoor fireplace coming fall 2017 :)
Most likely, you will access the bungalow via a lockbox. While I may not meet you in person, I will definitely be accessible by phone, text, or email. My Dad also lives up the hill from the bungalow and he is home most evenings and weekends. He meets most guests and is always willing to help! I really want guests to have a wonderful time in this beautiful area, and my Dad and I are both happy to help you with your itinerary.
*if you need an earlier check-in or check-out, please message with your request and I will let you know what I can do!! I know time can be difficult to predict when traveling, so I will do my best to accommodate your needs :) However, if we have another guest before or after your stay then the listed times will be necessary - thank you for your understanding!
1. Breakfast :) I will provide items for a continental breakfast for your convenience, and enjoyment! The assortment will vary, but generally there will be cereals (oatmeal and dry cereals), milk, fresh eggs from our very own chickens, and fruit for those that wish to cook themselves a breakfast.
2. While we are located in a land of seemingly endless water and other resources, we do appreciate reducing, re-using, and recycling. A recycling bin will be provided for your use, as well as a compost bucket (list of "what can go in" included!). Short showers and water conservation are appreciated, as well.
3. There is a fire pit by the lake that you are welcome to use. We also have firewood available for purchase $3 per bundle - can't beat it! Please only burn wood - thanks!! :)
4. Private Boat Launch! Going fishing? Bringing your boat along? My Dad will help you launch it from our property (included in your stay). Please request this arrangement at your booking so we can be prepared! Thank you :)
5. There is a Gas Grill available for your cooking needs!
6. There is a paddleboat included in your stay, as well as two kayaks + life vests + oars and a rowboat available for renting. Pricing is as follows (price per craft):
1/2 Day (6am - noon OR 1pm-7pm): $25.00
Full Day (6am-7pm): $35.00
7-day Week: $125.00
Rowboat rental: $25 per day
7. Window A/C Unit is installed on Summer Solstice each year, and removed on the Fall Equinox.
8. I'd recommend bringing water shoes for lake/stream walkin in the summer, and cozy slippers in the winter as the floors can be chilly! :)
9. Regarding "pets on the propety" - there are no pets living on the bungalow property, but my Dad who lives up the hill has a dog and chickens, just FYI.
We hope you'll treat our bungalow as you would your own home, and feel as comfortable as home, too! Please be kind, responsible, and relatively quiet during your stay. Ask questions as they come up - we want your experience to be wonderful!
1. Most importantly, we ask that there be absolutely NO smoking, NO pets, and NO fireworks. Breaking any of these will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
2. Please be mindful of our neighbors!
3. Please clean up after yourself - especially if you cook! Wash all dishes and either leave to dry in rack, or put away if completely dry.
4. Please drive carefully at 10mph or less down our little road - lots of pedestrians and friendly off-leash dogs in the neighborhood!
5. Please do not move furniture around.
6. Children are more than welcome (please mention this in your booking message), but they must be closely supervised at all times, particularly around the water/dock. The water/dock can be used, but at your own risk.
7. Please keep all shoes at the door or outdoors :)
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!!
*The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
Not all of those who wander are lost :-)
I am... friendly, easy-going, funny :-), caring, mindful of others, open, and responsible. My travel style has a focus on LOCAL culture, and I LOVE meeting new people, trying new food, and enjoying new experiences.
I travel as often as my paychecks allow and I have enjoyed time in various cities in: Italy, Germany, England, Portugal, Czech Republic, Switzerland, France, Ireland, Ecuador, Canada, Mexico, and 27 of the states in the USA! 2017 will bring Scotland and hopefully another US State :)