Welcome! My house is a great base for visiting Burlington and the area. It's just minutes to UVM, downtown Winooski's restaurants and I-89. A comfy queen-size bed, a well-equipped kitchen, and handy parking will make your stay pleasant and easy.
Please read 'other things to note' to make sure this works for you!
My 1850s house on a quiet lane has a welcoming feel, with wood floors, tall windows, an eat-in kitchen and several porches. I share it with two housemates, both women. I have a mellow senior dog. There's also a cat who mainly stays upstairs.
This guest room is on the first floor. It feels private and set apart from the other bedrooms, which are upstairs. The queen-size bed gets great reviews! (I bought the mattress in 2015.) The door has a deadbolt lock.
Guests share the downstairs bathroom with me. My housemates use the upstairs bathroom.
Feel free to spend time in the kitchen or living room. Guests are welcome to cook and store food in the kitchen; just let me know and I'll show you where everything goes.
I love sharing my knowledge of our little city and Vermont; I'm happy to offer suggestions and help you navigate. However, I am out of the house a lot so you will mostly just see me coming and going.
* A dog and a cat live in the house. (They don't go in the guest room.)
* I have two housemates; one is a graduate student, the other works in a medical lab.
Please treat my home as if you were visiting family. Please also
* follow the recycling and composting rules
* remove your street shoes inside
* observe quiet hours between 10pm and 7am (no amplified sounds)
* keep your bedroom door closed so the animals don't go in