- REVIEW instructions on how to get to your apartment and where to find the keys, so you are free to arrive anytime.
- REMEMBER there is no doorbell here at the villa, so carefully read the instructions you receive about how to get here and where to find your keys. We live in the building but will not know you have arrived unless you call/text/WA/find us.
- INFORM if you would like an early check-in, otherwise you are welcome anytime after 4:00pm (see self check-in instructions)
- PARK in the main garden for loading and unloading ONLY (parking available on the property, on a lower level)
- PREPARE the tourist tax amount in cash (we have to collect 1,50€ per night per person, on behalf of our municipality. You will find official notice on the listing and when you arrive); and your ID (also mandatory to register guests)
- SMOKE outside only
- RECYCLE garbage by following the guide in the house. IT' S THE LAW!
- IMPORTANT: OUR OLD GARDEN IS NOT A PLAYGROUND! PLEASE TAKE MAXIMUM CARE WHEN USING THE SWING, ROPES ETC. THEY ARE NOT TESTED WITH PUBLIC SAFETY STANDARDS.
- READ OUR INFO BOOK WHEN YOU ARRIVE, AND PLEASE, ASK FOR ANYTHING YOU NEED! We live right outside your doorstep)
My children are the 6th generation in this medieval villa, and when our budget doesn't allow us to travel, we like a little bit of the world to come to us. My grandfather - a personal hero of mine - hid and saved many lives (often complete strangers, and foreigners), from the fury of the Fascists and Nazis during WW2, in the many nooks and crannies of this old home; and this has created in his heirs a tradition of opening this home to strangers.
I am more hospitable than impeccable...
I recently wrote a book about happiness.
My husband Marco is a retired professional yachtsman, and now a talented and passionate cook.
One of my favourite quotes is: "if you don't believe in connections, you miss them".