Our Estate is on over 750 beautiful high desert acres and has 3 buildings allowing us to accommodate groups of 30+ people. Our Guests are impressed with the quiet, peaceful, natural beauty of our location as well as our excellent accommodations.
Their is plenty of room on our Estate for your Family Reunion, Wedding, or Company conference. We hosted family reunions with lots of kids. Wedding parties stay at the compound with guests renting from nearby lodging facilities allowing us to host one wedding with a little over 100 attendees. One of our regular visitors is an Astronomy club from Canada. We have also hosted a painting workshop, company retreats, bicycle clubs, non-profits, as well as our many family reunions.
The PPR is a posh desert retreat in Rodeo, NM built to the finest specification as the exclusive getaway for a well-known Silicon Valley Software Entrepreneur. This is the place to entertain large gatherings in the serenity and natural beauty of the isolated New Mexico high desert.
The compound is situated on 756 acres in the NM High Plains, with Main House, Two Guests Houses, Events Building, and Six RV Pads. Painted Pony Resort has accommodated over 50 Guests on site for a family reunion with lots of children.
Residential buildings are surrounded by covered verandas providing shade and comfort. Areas are equipped with luxurious, padded outdoor furniture. You and your guest will enjoy the outdoors. Because of it's location in the Southwestern corner of New Mexico, Rodeo, NM has beautiful weather with over 300 days of sunshine each year.
The 20' x 35' pool and hot tub areas are surrounded by landscaping adjacent to the courtyard, providing privacy and seclusion. Our pool is available year round and heated by a combination of geothermal and solar heat.
You have access to buildings depending upon the number of people in your group and the rental rate negotiated.
An Estate Manager lives on-site and will be available during your visit: Michelle Simpler. Her responsibilities are to check in guests, make sure everything is working and answer question.
Bring sun tan lotion and a good pair of hiking shoes!
PAINTED PONY RENTAL RULES
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4.Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed inside the buildings. You may keep your pets in the garage or courtyard. This is a wide open desert environment so make sure your pet does not get lost.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
8. Water and Septic: This Estate is on a well water and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
9. Animals of any type allowed inside any of our buildings except for pets in the garage.
10. Use of the PPR Airstrip is strictly forbidden unless you are a licensed pilot and have signed our Airstrip Liability Release Form.
11. Professional filming or picture taking for commercial or professional use without express written authorization from the owner of PPR is forbidden.
12. Painted Pony resort does not condone, sponsor, or approve of any potentially dangerous activities including setting off fireworks and use of firearms. Guests who engage in such activities assume all risk and liability. We specifically do not condone sweat lodges, fire walking, or other ceremonies that involve practices that could put our guests in danger. Also discouraged are any activities such as snake handling or the practice of unconventional medicine for the treatment of injuries or unconventional healing procedures.
13. Night Lighting: The Rodeo/Portal Area is known for a dark sky. Excess outdoor lighting threatens local astronomy activities in the area; therefore, local establishments, such as PPR, have limited lighting in and around our buildings during the night. We request that you bring a flashlight or ask our Estate Manager to obtain a loaner flashlight during your stay if you spend time outside at night. Light pollution is stealing the night from all of us, and, the growing astronomy community in our area is attempting to take steps so we do not over-light our community. For this reason you will need a flashlight for walking at night.
14. Any and all medical issues should be brought to the attention of the Estate Manager and referred to appropriate medical or emergency practitioners in the area. In case of emergency dial 911 for local emergency response team.
15. Swimming Pool & Spa Waiver and Release of Liability: In consideration for the use of the PPR pool and spa facilities, the Guests and his/her guests hereby forever release and covenant not-to-sue the Painted Pony Resort, its owners, employees, volunteers, agents, and all others who are involved, from any and all present and future claims resulting from ordinary negligence on the part of the PPR or others listed for property damage, personal injury, or wrongful death, arising as a result of my engaging in pool or spa use activities or any activities incidental thereto, wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur. Guests hereby voluntarily waive any and all claims both present and future, resulting from ordinary negligence, that may be made by them, their family, estate, heirs, estate or assigns, and they relinquish on behalf of themselves, spouse, heirs and assigns the right to recover for injury or death.
Guests are aware that swimming and other pool activities are vigorous and can involve severe cardiovascular stress. Guests understand that swimming and other pool and spa activities involve certain risks, including but not limited to death. In addition, Guests understand that participation in swimming pool use involves activities incidental thereto, including, but not limited to, the possible reckless conduct of other participants. All stresses and hazards associated with this activity cannot be foreseen.
Guests voluntarily use pool and spa facilities with knowledge of the danger involved and hereby agree to accept any and all risks of property damage, personal injury, or death. Guests agree to keep glass items out of pool and spa areas and will be responsible for any accidents involving glass clean up including any additional costs to owner to remove glass from water in the event of an accident caused by the Guests.
16. General Liability and Indemnification: You acknowledge that someone age 21 or older will be present at PPR during your reservation dates. Further, you acknowledge that you or someone over 21 in the group is responsible for chaperoning any guests under the age of 18. Guest assumes all liability for loss at PPR including pathways, theft, disappearance, damage or injury to goods, wares, merchandise and property of any kind, including without limitation property of Guest PPR and property of employees and guests.
Guest assumes liability for injury and death of any person in any way connected with Guest's use of PPR from any cause whatsoever. Guest agrees to indemnify and hold PPR harmless from any and all loss, liability, actions, suits, proceedings or claims, including attorney's fees and/or other expenses resulting from or arising out of the Guest's use of PPR including but not limited to any damage to property, injury or death.
Guest waives any right to claim or seek consequential or special damages for any act of omission or breach of this Agreement by PPR or its agents, employees, or subcontractors. Guest agrees that PPR liability for any proven damages shall be limited to the fees paid under this agreement.
Airstrip Liability Release - Applicable only if you intend to fly a private plane.
This Airstrip Liability Release Form must be signed and returned before any planes can be landed at the PPR Airstrip.
USER NAME / ADDRESS:
REASON FOR VISIT OR USE OF PPR AIRSTRIP:
In consideration of being permitted to use the PPR Airstrip, I agree that neither PPR nor the owners of PPR and their agents and employees shall, at any time or to any extent, be liable, responsible, or in any way accountable for loss, injury, death or damage to persons or property which at any time may be suffered or sustained by any person whomsoever arising out of the use or occupancy of the PPR Airstrip or its facilities.
Each PPR Airstrip user agrees to indemnify, defend and hold PPR Resort and the owners and their agents and employees, free and harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, loss, damage or expense, whatsoever, including Attorney fees, arising out of or resulting from any use of the PPR Airstrip or any portion thereof by said airport user, his passengers, guests, agents or employees. Said PPR Airstrip user waives all claims against PPR and the owners and their agents and employees, for any death or bodily injury, damage to users aircraft or Airstrip or any portion thereof from any cause or reason whatsoever.
Each PPR Airstrip user specifically waives any claim against the PPR and the owners and their agents and employees as a result of negligent design, inspection, repair or maintenance of the PPR Airstrip including, but not limited to its runway, taxiway, hangers or tie downs.
Print Pilot's Name _______________________________
Airman’s Certificate # ______________
Aircraft N # ____________________________________
Aircraft Type _____________________
Insurance Company ___________________________
Policy # ________________________
User’s Signature ______________________________
Pilot’s Signature __________________________________