Our home is nestled in the VA countryside surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, yet only a short drive away from the Wintergreen Resort, and the aptly named Brew Ridge Parkway. We are on the Tye River with river access and great hiking / kayaking.
A Blue Ridge Mountain welcome awaits you at the Tye River Farm House in Arrington, Virginia.
Located in beautiful Nelson County we are nestled in the Virginia countryside surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, yet only a short drive away from the arts and entertainment of downtown Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Livingston, the aptly named Brew Ridge Beer Trail on the Highway 151 loop as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The house is a Virginia brick farmhouse on land farmed for centuries with wonderful pastoral and mountain views. Access to our 10 acre property is a convenient one-mile off Highway 29 about halfway between Charlottesville and Lynchburg on Old Rose Mill Road in Arrington, VA. Thirty minutes from Wintergreen Ski Resort and Crabtree Falls.
Enjoy wine tasting and touring of the many wineries, vineyards and breweries of central Virginia. Also, visit the nearby orchards, pick your own Strawberries and Blueberries when in season, ski at Wintergreen Resort, hike at Crabtree Falls or the Appalachian Trail, fish on the Tye or James River, go antiquing, take beautiful country drives, enjoy the economic golfing or dining out in Lynchburg, Lovingston or in the local Arrington area.
Are you a history buff? We have the following within an hours drive: Monticello, Montpelier, Walton's Mountain, Jefferson National Forest, Appomattox Court House, Poplar Forest, and Ashlawn.
Located near the numerous activities Nelson County has to offer: Blue Ridge Parkway and Railway trails, Crab Tree Falls, James River canoeing, Wintergreen skiing and performing arts, local wineries, breweries, and the Lock'n music festival.
Just 2 miles from our home Travel Route Nelson County is Highway 151 - The Brew Ridge Trail: Enjoy lunch and dinner at Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Wild Wolf Brewing Company or Blue Mountain Brewery. Shopping and other attractions include: Rockfish Valley Nature Trail, Tuckahoe Antiques, Valley Green Gallery, all of the seven wineries along Route 151 or Bold Rock Cider and Silverback Distillery.
As you can see there is plenty to do but most folks just enjoy our cozy Farm House situated on what is considered one of the most beautiful landholdings in the area. The Tye River borders the front of our 10 acres with guest access to great swimming, canoeing, tubing and kayaking. The farmhouse has creamy colonial colored walls with a bright colonial color for each room. The kitchen with its views of the mountains is equipped with modern appliances. The open master bedroom gives things an open-air feeling with views of the mountains. There is even a whirlpool tub in the master bathroom.
Come sit on our back porch and enjoy the sunset and the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Nelson County, Virginia!
Your check in and contact before and during your stay will be with our Property Manager, Wanda Quick. Wanda lives nearby and can be reached by either phone or email.
Phone: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Email: (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Guests are greeted and given an orientation from our Property Manager, Wanda Quick. She can be reached by either phone or email.
Phone: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Email: (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Bring a good pair of hiking shoes and get ready for some spectacular views of the river and the mountains!
TYE RIVER FARM RENTAL RULES
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The home is privately owned; the owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Renter agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Renter agrees to only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are Allowed. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet. Maximum number of pets allows is two (2). There is an additional $25 fee for each pet.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
8. Septic: The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
9. Owner’s Option - Refundable Deposit: Guest agrees at the option of the Owner to a fully refundable deposit. The deposit will be held for extra cleaning costs or extra guests. Our Property Manager will tell the owner, after check out, if any extra cleaning charges or extra guest charges apply. All refund checks will be mailed to you within 1 week of your checkout date. Checks will be made out and sent to the address provided by the Guest. Please provide this information prior to your check out in an email to the Homeowner.
10. River Access, Kayak & River Tube Waiver and Release of Liability: In consideration for the use of the Kayaks and River Tubes and access to the Tye River, the Guests and his/her guests hereby forever release and covenant not-to-sue the Tye River Farm, its owners, employees, volunteers, agents, and all others who are involved, from any and all present and future claims resulting from ordinary negligence on the part of the Tye River Farm or others listed for property damage, personal injury, or wrongful death, arising as a result of my engaging in river activities or any activities incidental thereto, wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur. Guests hereby voluntarily waive any and all claims both present and future, resulting from ordinary negligence, that may be made by them, their family, estate, heirs, estate or assigns, and they relinquish on behalf of themselves, spouse, heirs and assigns the right to recover for injury or death.
Guests are aware that swimming, kayaking, tubing and other water activities are vigorous and can involve severe cardiovascular stress. Guests understand that swimming and other river activities involve certain risks, including but not limited to death. In addition, Guests understand that being in the Tye River involves activities incidental thereto, including, but not limited to, the possible reckless conduct of other participants. All stresses and hazards associated with this activity cannot be foreseen.
Guests voluntarily use the Tye River with knowledge of the danger involved and hereby agree to accept any and all risks of property damage, personal injury, or death. Guests agree that Tye River Farm has not supplied any safety equipment, such as life jackets, and that the guest must provide adequate safety equipment and that the renter or his/her guests are responsible for such safety equipment.
11. Liability and Indemnification: You acknowledge that someone age 21 or older will be present at Tye River Farm during your reservation dates. Further, you acknowledge that you or someone over 21 in the group is responsible for chaperoning any guests under the age of 18. Guest assumes all liability for loss at Tye River Farm including pathways, theft, disappearance, damage or injury to goods, wares, merchandise and property of any kind, including without limitation property of Guest or Tye River Farm and property of employees and guests.
Guest assumes liability for injury and death of any person in any way connected with Guest's use of Tye River Farm from any cause whatsoever. Guest agrees to indemnify and hold Tye River Farm harmless from any and all loss, liability, actions, suits, proceedings or claims, including attorney's fees and/or other expenses resulting from or arising out of the Guest's use of Tye River Farm including but not limited to any damage to property, injury or death.
Guest waives any right to claim or seek consequential or special damages for any act of omission or breach of this Agreement by Tye River Farm or its agents, employees, or subcontractors. Guest agrees that Tye River Farm liability for any proven damages shall be limited to the fees paid under this agreement.