We are located in one of Alaska's most beautiful destinations, across Kachemak Bay from Homer, near the village of Seldovia on MacDonald Spit. Kayaks & row boats included provide ample opportunity for any adventurer! A water taxi will bring you to the front door of your cabin, nestled in the trees between two beautiful beaches.
Friendly dogs are welcome for a $75 fee.
The cabin comfortably sleeps 3 people in beds, $35/night for each additional guest
We are remote, but worth it!
• Fly to Anchorage
• Take an additional flight on Ravn Alaska to Homer, AK, or drive 250 scenic miles down the Kenai Peninsula to Homer, AK
• From Homer, bring your provisions to the Homer Harbor to catch your water taxi to Between Beaches (Makos Water Taxi)
• Our rustic and comfortable 12x16 cabins are nestled in the trees, surrounded by beaches. They are well equipped and we provide all of the necessities: Bed linens, towels, paper towels, t-paper, shampoo, conditioner, soap. Our kitchenettes are fully stocked with a sink, small fridge, microwave, toaster, range, pots, pans, utensils. Coffee & coffee maker, salt, pepper, garlic too. There is a flush toilet with hot shower attached to the back of the Pioneer Cabin accessed from the outside--it has an amazing view of Kachemak Bay through a porthole! Each cabin has electric heat, gas grill, plus 2 seating areas--one on each beach, clam rakes and buckets.
If there is anything you need while you're here, you can text or call us. Row boats and Kayaks included in your stay!
There are no keys to the cabins due to our extremely remote location. Your check-in and check-out times depend largely on the tides. Once you make your water taxi reservations--Makos Water Taxi will let you know the tides--please let us know your arrival and departure times. The water taxi will bring you to the front of your cabin.
Please be aware it's possible that you may arrive to check-in on the same tide the guests before you are checking out. While your hosts clean your cabin, be prepared to take a beach walk, check out the art studio, or enjoy a paddle on Kasitsna Bay!
Your hosts are on-site and can offer assistance.
Renters may use our fish cleaning table, freezer space, row boat & kayaks. Not included in your stay are transportation, food, fishing gear.
Our cabins are smoke free. Guests who smoke in our cabins will be charged a $300 cleaning fee.
There are art installations throughout the property and a art gallery to enjoy
These are non smoking cabins. Guests who smoke in our cabins will be charged a $300.00 cleaning fee.
Friendly dogs are welcome. A pet fee of $75 will be added to the reservation after booking.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR KAYAK AND ROW BOAT USE AT BETWEEN BEACHES ALASKA
THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. I understand that there are inherent risks involved in the activities for which this equipment is to be used. I freely and voluntarily assume these risks, including the risk of serious injury or death.
2. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify Between Beaches Alaska, Josephine McLean, Kristi McLean, and Brad Langvardt from any and all liability for injuries or damages to the user of this equipment. I agree not to sue or make claims for injury; including death; against Between Beaches Alaska, Josephine McLean, Kristi McLean, or Brad Langvardt.
3. I agree that it is my responsibility to know how to properly use and operate the equipment and obtain the necessary safety instruction. If I feel the equipment is not functioning properly or safely, I will stop using it and have it inspected, repaired, or adjusted.
4. I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand its contents. This is a binding contact that supersedes any other agreements or representations and is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability.
The cabins comfortably sleep 3 people in each. There is a $35.00 fee for each additional adult guest per night.
The house owner Kristi McLean is a self-supporting artist and fisherman. She was born and raised in rural Alaska to a fishing family.
Each year she returns to the homestead in Alaska to reconnect with the land and sea that has been so inspirational to her art work. Please take a for more owner information.
While the Alaska rentals are going, her son Lachland manages the Californa properties