Our relaxing 4 bedroom ranch house in Woodland Hills has a huge pool-barbecue area, inviting Pacific Rim decor with bamboo wood floors, beam ceilings, tons of natural light. We have easy access to Pepperdine and Malibu beaches. See our guidebook!
Our 4 bed, 3 bath home is in Northern LA county and just inland from the coastal drive along the Pacific and sleeps 8-10! This home is great for family gatherings and the photos reflect the style and the mid century vintage of the property. We have a 4 night minimum but prefer full 7 day reservations.
Please note: Do not leave your food items around the pool as it will attract local wildlife including possible coyotes, squirrels, rodents, birds or lizards. We live in a hillside area near the Santa Monica Mountains and Malibu.
The place is very inviting with bamboo wood floors, beamed ceilings, double-sided fireplace, lots of natural light, stone counters and a solar heated 20ft x 40ft pool. The 2500 sf house rests on over 12,450 sf corner lot in a quiet, family community outside of Warner Center commercial area and close to Hidden Hills, Calabasas, area colleges, nature parks, golf courses and beaches.
4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths
4 LED TVs
1 Projection 100" Movie Screen
Hi-speed Spectrum wireless internet
Galley Kitchen with Dishes and Cookery
New Dishwasher, Ovens 2017
Pacific Rim Style Furnishings
Formal Dining Room
Master Bed- King size
Bedroom 2- Queen size
Bedroom 3- Full-size (1 or 2 upon request)
Studio Bedroom 4- Queen size
Daybed Twin in Dining
Sectional in Living Room
Vaulted Ceilings throughout
Wood Flooring throughout
Onsite Laundry, New W/D
20' x 40' Pool with Solar Cover
Covered and Fenced Patio
Patio dining for 10
Patio Lounge seating for 4
New Pool Filter 2012, New Pool Pump 2015
New Furnace and Air 2012
All Baths remodeled 2013
New Upholstery, Barbecue 2014
Here is the run down on Local Attractions:
101 Fwy- 2 minutes
Old Town Calabasas Shopping, Commons- 3 minutes
Tennis and Swim Center- 5 minutes
Golf- 5 to 15 minutes
Warner Center Malls- 5 minutes
Fine Dining- 5 to 15 minutes
Wine Tasting- 5 to 20 minutes
Malibu Beach- 15 minutes
Pepperdine University- 20 minutes
Santa Monica Hiking Trails- 15 minutes
Railroad Station- 15 minutes
Getty Museum- 20 minutes
Reagan Library- 20 minutes
Universal Studios, City Walk- 25 minutes
CBS, Warner Studios- 30 minutes
Burbank Airport- 30 minutes
Hollywood- 30 minutes
Beverly Hills, Sunset Strip- 35 minutes
Santa Monica Pier- 35 minutes
Downtown Music Center, Galleries- 40 minutes
Six Flags Magic Mountain- 45 minutes
Pasadena Galleries- 45 minutes
Venice Beach, Marina Del Rey- 45 minutes
Catalina Island Boat- 45 minutes
MarineLand- 60 minutes
Channel Islands- 60 minutes
Knott's Berry Farm- 70 minutes
Disneyland- 80 minutes
Santa Barbara- 120 minutes
Arrowhead Lake Skiing- 120 minutes
Legoland, Seaworld- 120 minutes
Las Vegas- 180 minutes
We are walking distance to Calabasas and Hidden Hills. These neighboring areas are prestigious and home to Justin Bieber, Howie Mandel, Britney Spears, Will and Jada Smith, JLo, etc. You can often run into local celebrities at our local Common's Shopping Plaza!
Your kids will love the sparkling pool and local walks at the lake! There is fantastic area shopping with three local malls and numerous fine restaurants.
Please see my attached guidebook. Our location is within 30 to 60 minutes to all the major Los Angeles sights and the LAX airport.
Enjoy the serenity.
Guests may contact me in advance for travel and restaurant recommendations. I offer the following guest packages at the home for your convenience:
1) Group Massage Day
2) Wine Tasting Tour
3) Local Catering
I am on hand to greet guests who can schedule a specified time with me. Otherwise, access to the home will be on lockbox with self check in and I will call you to be certain everything meets your expectations!
The photos reflect the 1964 vintage and modern blend of this mid century home. We have a new Bosch dishwasher and Bosch double oven since Sept 2017. We have also donated the outside pool table and our older gym equipment. Currently we have added teak pool loungers for a total of 5 loungers and 2 outdoor dining tables with 10 chairs for a great private resort setting!
We keep our rates at a fraction of the cost of the local hotels who charge the same price for a suite- plus we include your own private swimming pool!
The kitchen contains full matching dishware and glasses for 6-8 guests. Occasionally, guests may lose or break our kitchenware and we make every effort to stay stocked with matching sets of glasses and utensils. The kitchen also contains 3 sauce pans, 2 large pots and 2 dutch ovens and a large assortment of knives and accessories. However, if you are planning to have large meals, it is best to dine in a restaurant as our kitchen is limited and we do not allow events and parties in our home.
Since Sept 2017, we have also added a full day for clean-up between guests to better manage this sizeable property.
If you are arriving before 5:00, please arrange with the owner for a personal walk through to better acquaint yourself with features of the property. Otherwise, your check in will be by lockbox access.
- We have a satisfaction guarantee and a full refund will be provided if the home does not meet your needs and we are notified upon arrival and so long as you make other accommodations.
- No shoes inside the home to preserve cleanliness.
- We provide an Instruction Guide for special features inside the home such as internet and TV.
- We are supplying a starter amount of household items such as paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, and laundry detergent for several days.
- Guest parking is in the driveway and PLEASE only if your car does not leak oil. Street parking is limited to 2 hours Monday to Friday and there is unlimited parking on the adjacent cross street.
- No outdoor parties or loud noise past 10 pm due to city requirements.
- Please observe no smoking indoors or 10 ft close to the house. if we find cigarette or marijuana buds or smell smoke there will be a $500 to $1500 fee for smoke remediation of walls and upholstery, if required.
- No additional guests beyond the booking party is allowed without express permission. We do not allow house parties or film crews without a special cleaning rate and notice to neighbors. If we find excess and abusive use, a group use fee of $1500 per day will be accessed.
- On rare occasions, appliances, pool pumps and other household items can malfunction unexpectedly. We will respond with any necessary repairs immediately.
- Please exercise great caution with kids around the pool as falls and injuries are your sole responsibility.
- No pets are allowed due to allergies of some guests.
- The barbecue is provided for guest use. However, if the propane has been exhausted, the guest is responsible for his own refill.
- Please take off the AC and all lights when leaving the home to conserve energy.
- Please remember to take off all exterior landscape lighting when not needed.
- A local manager will be on hand to check the outside grounds regularly and is also available for any urgent requests.
- Guests will leave their final linens and towels in a laundry basket or at the laundry area upon departure.
- Guests will leave their final dishware in the dishwasher upon departure.
- For poolside special events and parties over 8 persons, rates will be customized.
- Guests will take the garbage out for Friday morning curb pick up.
- Upon leaving the property, please leave your trash in the cans provided. Any excess trash will be charged a hauling and disposal fee.
- The cleaning fee is applicable towards any regularly scheduled cleaning of the premises. Any required repairs to the property, beyond normal wear and tear, will be retained from the security deposit.