Come play in the Mountains at Moonbeam Bungalows !! A unique one of a kind place to stay :)
Nestled in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, Moonbeam Bungalows promises a passionate escape from the toils of daily life. Perched in the hills of Horse Shoe, NC, my rustic eco chic cabins offer a very unique experience! Come immerse yourself in the nature of North Carolina, while being a short drive away from Asheville, Hendersonville, and Brevard. 15 minutes away from the Asheville Regional Airport, Moonbeam Bungalows are located right at the heart of the best the area has to offer:
• Dupont State Forest
• Pisgah National Forest
• The Blue Ridge Parkway
• Live Music
• Unique Dining Experiences
The smaller bungalow,"Satellite", has everything you need for a couple nights to an extended stay in the mountains...Especially if you plan on being out and about exploring the state and national forests right down the road! Come home to your cozy little bungalow for a soak in the hot tub, a fire outback, a rest in a hammock or pop in a movie and get ready for your next day of fun mountain adventure! This cabin features a mini kitchen, Full bed and single sleeping loft, bath, and fun things!
• Sleeps 1-3 - Sleeping Loft and Full bed
• Mini Fridge, Double Sink
• Convection Toaster Oven
• Single Electric Cooktop, Crock Pot, electric skillet, pots, pans,
• French Press Coffee Maker & electric Kettle
• Full Bath (no stand up shower; Cast Iron soaking tub with shower extension)
• Flat Screen TV w/DVD Player- NO Cable
• Games, Movies, Books & Hula Hoops
• Fire Pit Area (firewood provided!)
• 2 "Park Style" Grills
• Hot tub in courtyard
• Handbook - provides you with detailed info about the bungalows and the area.
* I post SPECIALS on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN): "like" Moonbeam Bungalows for the latest discount :)
The outdoor amenities are shared between both bungalows: Courtyard area (including hot tub) and Fire pit area (out back of Satellite bungalow)
If you prefer to have the property to yourself you may do so at an extra fee or bring along your friends to rent out the other space :)
Otherwise both cabins are rented out separately.
I live about an hour and 1/2 west of Moonbeam Bungalows. Though I do LOVE meeting guests, It is very rare that I am staying at the bungalows while guests are there as I like to give y'all your privacy :)
I sometimes get the pleasure of meeting guests when i am there filling in for my caretaker cleaning.
We are here to help:
My caretakers live about 10 min away and my maintenance man does his best to be on call and reach you with in a few hours if you were to need any assistance at the bungalows OR call me ANYTIME.
The owner of Moonbeam Bungalows asks that you please use your common sense and general courtesy during your stay. This includes, but is not limited to:
• No smoking inside the cabins.
• Please be aware of the neighbors, and maintain a respectable noise level at night.
• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, & use appropriate trash containers
• Use hot tub at own risk. Please follow instructions properly, as i would like to see this be a lasting addition at Moonbeam Bungalows! You are responsible for your own safety.
• The entertainment items, such as movies, games, books, hula hoops, etc., are here for everyone to enjoy! So, please be kind and leave the fun things behind! (If you are interested in a particular handmade item, please inquire with the owners about having us craft you one of your very own to take home!).
• The Bungalow Brochure Box : The Local Scene & Sights To Be Seen: Feel free to take brochures from the Box, but be sure to leave your recommendations and brochures in return!
Though we love all animals, we only permit no more than 2 dogs to accompany you! Unfortunately, cats may escape and become lost in the forest, and certainly, they're happier at home! Other conditions apply,
and are listed below:
• There is no upfront pet deposit required for your dog(s). If damages are incurred by your animal, then there will be a pet clean up or damage fee charged to your credit card of no less than $100(Which would be the pet deposit amount).
• We ask that you respect our Bungalows, belongings and property. Consider us your home away from home, and please act accordingly. We suggest that you please bring a throw or sheet if you know that your dog will be on the furniture.
• Dog(s) must be dog and people friendly.
• Dog(s) must be current on all vaccinations.
• Your dog(s) must be on active flea and tick prevention. It is also a good idea to check for fleas and especially ticks during the spring and summer months.
• Please clean up after your dog(s). Bags are provided, and need to be placed in the trash can outside.
• We ask that your dog(s) not be left unattended at the cabins. If you think you will be partaking in various activities that your dog can not attend, please leave them in the comfort of their own home. This is greatly appreciated!
After all, we love our pets, and we want only the best for yours, too!
Reservations & Cancellations:
There is a 2 night minimum stay required for reservations, and you may call up to 48 hours prior for 1 night visits if we have any last minute cancellations or openings. At this time, we only accept credit card payments, and apologize for any inconvience that this may cause. These other conditions apply:
• Must be 21 to reserve cabins.
• We apologize, but the Bungalows are NOT handicap accessable. 3 of our beds require the ability to climb a ladder or staircase.
• All reservations require a deposit that is equal to 50% of your total bill. Balance due 14 days prior to arrival.
• After full payment you will receive a confirmation email with your personal door lock entry code.
• All rates are subject to 11.75% state and local taxes.
• Check-in is 4pm. Check-out is 11am.
• Moonbeam Bungalows will assume no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property, or injuries sustained during the rental period.
• No-shows, late arrivals and/or early departures will result in a non-refundable charge for the full length of reservation. If you need to reschedule your visit, please notify the owners at least 14 days in advance.
• Any cancellation/rescheduling made at least 15 days prior to your stay entitles you to a full refund of your deposit less the $30 booking fee.
• Any cancellation made within 14 days prior to your stay and your deposit will be kept in full. If you reschedule your stay within a year of your original reservation, this will be applied to your future stay.
As you depart, please leave the cabins and property the way in which you found them. To assist in your cleanly departure is the following pieces of advice:
• Please leave the cabins, courtyard, trails, and yoga/sun deck as you found it.
• Any dirty dishes you have remaining please load into dishwasher.
• Deposit your trash, sort your recycling, compost your scraps!
• Trash should be sealed and taken to the labeled trash can outdoors.
• Please recycle as much as possible and place in designated receptacles.
• Compost any raw food materials or scraps. Left over can be put into the compost bucket and dumped in posted compost area beyond the fire pit.
We cannot thank you enough for staying at Moonbeam Bungalows, and hope your visit is a vacation to remember! Please, come back and visit us again soon!
LoVeInG LiFe !!
Originally from UPstate NY but fell in love with WNC after moving to Asheville to go to massage school. I lived in the Asheville area for about 8 years until i took a break from the Ecoat and moved to CO for the past two years. I recently just moved back & I live in the Nantahala Gorge about and 1 & 1/2 from my beloved Moonbeam Bungalows.
I am a massage therapist & enjoy traveling in my off time... I dream of far away lands and farming... one day ;)
I prefer to live out in the woods rather than city life as I love the outdoors and being immersed in nature. I try to play as much as possible and always have fun!