Nestled in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, Moonbeam Bungalows promises a passionate escape from the toils of daily life. Perched in the hills of Horse Shoe, NC, my eco chic tiny houses offer a very unique experience!
Come immerse yourself in the nature of North Carolina, while being a short drive away from Asheville, Hendersonville, and Brevard. 15 minutes away from the Asheville Regional Airport, Moonbeam Bungalows are located right at the heart of the best the area has to offer:
• Dupont State Forest
• Pisgah National Forest
• The Blue Ridge Parkway
• Live Music
• Unique Dining Experiences
"Moonbeam", is unique 500sq ft tiny house. The downstairs has a full kitchen, dining area, fireplace and a handmade queen bunk bed. The upstairs loft has a bathroom with a single lounge area for an additional guest. Perfect for a small family who wants to try out tiny house living on their next vacation or a few friends to gather for a getaway.
• Sleeps up to 5
•2 Queen Beds (handmade whimsical bunk bed)
• Single sleeping lounge in loft
• Full Kitchen
• 2 burner electric Cook top, Oven & Fridge
• French Press Coffee Maker
• Locally roasted whole bean coffee provided, along with a selection of tea
• Full Bath - In Loft, Up a spiral staircase
• Cast iron bath tub with Shower
•Eco friendly soaps and bath essentials provided
• Flat Screen TV w/DVD Player- NO Cable
• Stereo, Games, Movies, Books & Hula Hoops
• Fireplace (Candles Only)
• Dining Table
• Handbook - provides you with detailed info about the bungalows and the area.
• Fire Pit Area
• 2 "Park Style" Grills
• 5 person Hot tub in courtyard
***Courtyard area (including hot tub) and Fire pit area (out back of Satellite bungalow) are shared areas between the 2 cabins. If you prefer to have the property to yourself you may do so at an extra fee. Otherwise both cabins are rented out separately.
Upon confirmation you will receive a door code, gaining your access to the bungalow for your stay - no need to meet up for a key - with door code you are all set!
Check in is anytime after 4pm unless otherwise arranged- we can typically make this earlier if needed with advanced notice.
I live about an hour and 1/2 west of Moonbeam Bungalows. Though I do LOVE meeting guests, It is very rare that I am staying at the bungalows while guests are there as I like to give y'all your privacy :)
I sometimes get the pleasure of meeting guests when I am there filling in for my caretaker cleaning.
We are here to help:
My caretaker lives about 5min away and my maintenance man does his best to be on call and reach you with in a few hours if you were to need any assistance at the bungalows OR call me ANYTIME- I am a massage therapist and work at a spa seasonally, so am unreachable sometimes, however I do my best to get right back to you should you need anything at all.
The owner of Moonbeam Bungalows asks that you please use your common sense and general courtesy during your stay. This includes, but is not limited to:
• No smoking inside the cabins & clean up butts outside
• Please be aware of the neighbors, and maintain a respectable noise level at night.
• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, & use appropriate trash containers
• Use hot tub at own risk. Please follow instructions properly, as I would like to see this be a lasting addition at Moonbeam Bungalows! You are responsible for your own safety.
• The entertainment items, such as movies, games, books, hula hoops, etc., are here for everyone to enjoy! So, please be kind and leave the fun things behind!
Though we do have plenty of guests who come enjoy the space with their children, it is with the understanding that their safe and fun stay is 100% your responsibility. The bungalows and property are in no way "child proof" and does have a spiral staircase up to an open loft. Our child policy is as follows: If you are bringing children you have been warned about the risk: Moonbeam Bungalows is not the best set up for small/young children- If you have any children accompanying you, it is with the understanding that their safety while on the property is totally and completely Your responsibility. In NO way will Moonbeam Bungalows, and owners of Moonbeam Bungalows be liable or responsible for any accidents or injuries (children or Adults) while on the property of 92 Carolina Hills Dr Horseshoe NC 28742. I just like to make sure everyone is on the same page, so there are no surprises.Thank you for understanding and agreeing to these terms.
Though we love all animals, we only permit no more than 2 dogs to accompany you! Unfortunately, cats may escape and become lost in the forest, and certainly, they're happier at home! Other conditions apply,
and are listed below:
• There is a $20 per pet fee, please leave upon departure accordingly.
• We have a dog bed provided, or bring their own but PLEASE no dogs in the beds - it is very difficult for us to get dog hair completely out of sheets and duvet covers even with multiple washings
• Dog(s) must be dog and people friendly.
• Dog(s) must be current on all vaccinations.
• Your dog(s) must be on active flea and tick prevention. It is also a good idea to check for fleas and especially ticks during the spring and summer months.
• Please clean up after your dog(s). Bags are provided, and need to be placed in the trash can outside.
• We ask that your dog(s) not be left unattended at the cabins. If you think you will be partaking in various activities that your dog can not attend, please leave them in the comfort of their own home. This is greatly appreciated!
PARKING: One vehicle per bungalow allowed to park at top- please be aware of where you are parking as to leave room for another car to park and turn around.
Due to the grade of the driveway, though it is paved, we advise you to NEVER back down the driveway, please always take your time to turn around and go down.
If parked properly there is enough room for 2 vehicles to park at top and comfortably turn around to get down.
Additional parking: Just past the driveway there is a pull off in which there is plenty of room for additional cars. If you have extra cars, you may unload at top but you will need to park additional vehicles at the bottom of the driveway.
Reservations & Cancellations:
There is a 2 night minimum stay required for reservations, and you may call up to 48 hours prior for 1 night visits if we have any last minute cancellations or openings.
• Must be 21 to reserve cabins.
• We apologize, but the Bungalows are NOT handicap accessible. 3 of our beds require the ability to climb a ladder or staircase.
• All reservations require a deposit that is equal to 50% of your total bill. Balance due 14 days prior to arrival.
• After full payment you will receive a confirmation email with your personal door lock entry code.
• All rates are subject to 11.75% state and local taxes.
• Check-in is 4pm. Check-out is 11am.
• Moonbeam Bungalows and owners will assume no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property, or injuries sustained during the rental period.
• No-shows, late arrivals and/or early departures will result in a non-refundable charge for the full length of reservation. If you need to reschedule your visit, please notify me at least 14 days in advance.
• Be sure to read the Air B'nB cancellation policy before booking.
As you depart, please leave the cabins and property the way in which you found them. To assist in your cleanly departure is the following pieces of advice:
• Please leave the cabins, courtyard, fire pit area, Grills, and yoga/sun deck as you found them.
• Any dirty dishes you have remaining please load into dishwasher.
• Deposit your trash, sort your recycling, compost your scraps!
• Trash should be sealed and taken to the labeled trash can outdoors.
• Please recycle as much as possible and place in designated receptacles.
• Compost any raw food materials or scraps. Left over can be put into the compost bucket and dumped in posted compost area beyond the fire pit.
Upon payment and reservation you are agreeing to all the above rental terms- Most Importantly that you are 100% responsible for your safe and fun stay. We cannot thank you enough for staying at Moonbeam Bungalows, and hope your visit is a vacation to remember! Please, come back and visit us again soon!
LoVeInG LiFe !!
Originally from UPstate NY but fell in love with WNC after moving to Asheville to go to massage school. I lived in the Asheville area for about 8 years until i took a break from the Ecoat and moved to CO for the past two years. I recently just moved back & I live in the Nantahala Gorge about and 1 & 1/2 from my beloved Moonbeam Bungalows.
I am a massage therapist & enjoy traveling in my off time... I dream of far away lands and farming... one day ;)
I prefer to live out in the woods rather than city life as I love the outdoors and being immersed in nature. I try to play as much as possible and always have fun!