Come and stay at our small organic farm. You have your own nice house by the lake with access to a sauna. Take a walk in the forest or on the paths around the farm and say hi to the animals. This is an active small scale farm with a genuine feeling!
Come and stay at Rikkenstorp, a farm from 1607 in the middle of the wilderness. You can see miles and miles of pure nature and experience the winter landscape in Sweden. The fox, moose, wolf, deer, beaver or even bear could be around the next hill!
Come by yourself to just relax in nature or in the sauna - or come with nine of your friends. There is a loft with two beds and a big room with 8 beds. If you are a couple or a family we can arrange the beds to suit your needs.
The house is built in traditional log-style and was originally forester Hammer's house. We moved it here and added a new part with bathroom and bedroom.
There are no neighbors except us on the farm for 1 km. We who live here are Nils and Helene, the owners, Joel, the youngest son and Maria, Joel's better part. In the summer season there are also some volunteers here to help out.
We have sheep, cows, chickens, bees, a dog and cats. We work with the land and in the forest so you can take part of the feeling of a small scale sustainable farm - Permaculture style!
There is a fully modern kitchen and bathroom/shower/washer. The house is heated by an air source heat pump supported by two fire places. There is an electric water heater. The TV has a HDMI-port.
Wireless internet is available up at the main house, if you need continuous access please let us know and we can work it out.
Towels, soap, washing powder and toilet paper is included in the price but bedsheets comes with an extra fee (12 Euro/person/unlimited time). Let us know if you need bedsheets and we add the cost to the reservation.
You will also have access to the wood heated sauna down by the lake and the wooden rowing boat and canoe.
You live in your own house down by the lake; we live in another house on the farm about 300 m uphill.
Up at the main house you can, depending on the season, buy our products which include vegetables, eggs, honey and milk.
We can help you make the best of your experience and get in contact with local suppliers of activities.
It´s up to you how much contact you like with us, the cabin is situated quite private but you are always welcome to join us for a cup of coffee.
We have a farm dog that is free to run around the farm to check on the animals, consider that if you are afraid of dogs etc.
This is an active farm and occasionally there will be machines running, even as your cabin is located down by the lake, some noise can be heard then.
According to Swedish food legislation, we have to inform you that the water in the house comes from a natural spring, the same as we have to our private homes. It is tested and okay for private consumption but has not undergone the extensive analysis required for a rental cabin destined for more than eight persons.
- Act like an adult and take responsibility for your actions.
- Follow the instructions regarding all fire places.
- Leave the place in the same order as when you got there or pay for the cleaning.
- We have a farm to run - there will be machines and you have the responsibility to act accordingly safety wise.
- No smoking indoor in the house or in any other house. And NOT close to any building that contains hay!
- Dogs are okay as long as you keep claws well-trimmed and the fur well brushed to avoid scratch marks and a lot of hairs flying around in the cabin.
- If you bring a dog you will have to keep it in a leash. We have a farm dog and other animals that need to be left alone.
- Don't feed any animals without asking first.
- Recycle you waste properly, we have marked bins for every fraction to make it easy.
I am a small scale farmer since 2009, shifting from the academia of economics. I decided to go green and develope the family farm to a sustainable agriculture with focus on the local cycle of nutrient and knowledge.