Architect renovated 1911 rowhouse that mixes modern and traditional features with mosaics and an artsy flair. House has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a gas fireplace, flatscreen tv in one room and a projector and screen in the other. Three bedrooms upstairs each have a queen-sized bed. Back bedroom (12x9 feet) has balcony (8x12 feet). Front bedroom (17x15 feet) has its own bathroom with dual sinks/showers. Middle bedroom (17x14 feet) is the darkest/quietest and shares a bath with a deep bathtub and rainshower.
Other items of interest:
- Very near various forms of transportation. Two metros (Howard/Shaw - green & yellow lines, and NY Ave/NOMA - red line), many buses, and two bike share stations
- Neighborhood is hip and fun, with great coffee shops, restaurants and yoga studio. Big Bear Cafe, (the best coffee in town - seriously) is right around the corner
- On the sleeping floor, there is also a washer/dryer built into the hall closet, and a built in, flip down ironing board
- Most of the art is original - by the owner.
- While you are right in the city, the house is very quiet and peaceful - like a little retreat
- kitchen is equipped with plenty of wine glasses, a great vita-mix blender, and all the standard appliances.
I am an architect and artist, as well as a policymaker working in the area of green building and energy efficient buildings for government. I am also a pilates and barre instructor, and play capoeira. I speak Portuguese and have spent a lot of time in Brazil.