Dream location right on the ocean front. This is what beach lifestyle is all about. Large airy studio with kitchenette opening onto the garden & entirely private from the rest of the house. A 5 minute stroll into the heart of Manly.
The studio's location and design is what Australian beach lifestyle is all about:
- right on the ocean's edge. Only a public walkway between the front gates and the water
- a marine park directly in front of the house. Amazing snorkelling, swimming, diving and stand up paddling
- a point break a short paddle from the front of the house
- Manly Beach is a 3 minute stroll along the water's edge
- beautiful bush walks in the national park behind the property
The studio is large and features:
- a north-east aspect so it enjoys sunshine most of the day
- a lounge area overlooking the front lawn to the ocean beyond
- bifold doors open up to allow the outside in
- a queen sized bed
- a double sized pull out sofa bed if there's 2 of you travelling as friends, or you have a young child
- private bathroom
- bathroom & beach towels provided
- kitchenette with sink, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle & toaster as well as essential cooking, cleaning & eating utensils. There is no stove or oven
- free wifi & cable TV
Especially on weekends, you'll find there's a lot of people strolling past on the walkway or sitting having a coffee on the ocean wall outside the house - it's one of the popular places to walk & relax around in Manly because of its beauty and location near a couple of great outdoor cafes/restaurants.
The studio occupies the whole ground floor of the house and that will be entirely your space. You have your own private entrance to the studio as well.
We work from home so we'll be around to greet you and help you settle in. We'll definitely be recommending good places to eat, shop & surf!
However we like our privacy and we respect our guests' privacy too. Our space, which is the upper two levels of the house, is separated from the studio. So you will likely not notice we are even home. We do however use the pathway through the front yard to access the ocean when going out surfing, paddling or riding/walking into Manly.
If you are travelling by car, we can give you one of our parking permits which will give you unlimited on street parking outside the house.
No smoking anywhere on the property please.
After 9.30pm we ask guests to move inside off the lawn and close the bifold doors to keep sound contained within the studio. We'll also be following this house rule on our outdoor spaces on the upper two levels of the house so you can sleep quietly too.
My partner Kel's mantra is life is better when you surf. It's why we live on the water's edge with 2 surf breaks just a paddle away! As long as we're both near the water and nature, we're thriving. And we love that in Manly you get that but you don't have to compromise on being connected with all that goes on in Sydney - the city is so easily accessible and we're keen foodies so that is important to us.
We both work from home but we won't be hanging around you during your stay. We respect your privacy and we like ours. But we will be absolutely hooking you up with what we think are Manly & Sydney's best surf breaks, food spots and independent shopping spots as well as a lot of places to see that are off the beaten tourist trail but are really what Sydney's all about.
We both travel a lot for work and for pleasure and have lived overseas too. So we have a lot to compare the location of our house to. It really is incredibly special. We realise just how lucky we are to live here and want to share it with as many people as we can.