Enjoy sweeping views of lush coconut groves and mountains in the distance. Welcome the sunrise with a piping cup of masala chai (Indian tea), practice yoga, or curl up with a book in the evenings as you watch the sun set over chilled coconut water.
This listing is for a private room with adjacent bathroom in a 3 BR just under 3 or 4 minutes walk to KPJ and many other yoga shalas. This room can only accommodate 2 guests at a time.
Large spacious 3 BR apartment with a huge central living room in Gokulum, in the heart of Mysore, the city of palaces. Gokulum is the heart of Ashtanga yoga, boasting of the famous K. Pattabhi Jois Yoga Shala (KPJ) which is only 3 minutes walking distance. Other yoga shalas nearby are Saraswathi Jois( 3 minutes) Bharat yoga( 1 minute) , Vinay Kumar,Vijay Kumar, Santosh Kumar. The apartment is just a minute walk from a garden, ideal for morning walks, and is only 30 seconds away from the grocery store, fruit shops bakery and pharmacy. Money exchange and phone recharge is available at the property at the same rate as elsewhere. There are a host of healthy cafes within a few minutes walk: Khushi Cafe, Santosha Cafe, Depth and Green, and all offer smoothies, salads, omelettes and tea/ coffee, some of them all day long. If you order a day in advance, a boxed hot meal (lunch or dinner) is also available on pre-order from us.
Apartment is on the ground floor in a secure private compund, with parking, a huge terrace perfect for sunbathing or sipping tea with unhindered views of the famous Chamundi hill. There is a Large central living room with wicker furniture, dining area, washing machine, large kitchen with gas stove, fridge, pantry, water dispenser and all pots and pans, dishes.
Two bedrooms with attached baths and one bedroom with private personal yet adjacent bathroom. All baths have hot water and western toilets. Immaculately clean and private. Set on a side street which is very quiet and which faces large open green spaces it's the ideal space for both tourists and yoga or dance students.
Do you love culture, different cuisines? still like peace and quiet ? Prefer a dignified graceful clean place ? With comfortable rooms and key amenities?Love to read, rest, contemplate, meditate, still relate to like minded travellers? Then do come on over, we welcome you! This place is perfect for you!
This listing is for a single bedroom with adjacent bath in a 3 BR called Green Lotus House
You will have your own bedroom and your own personal private adjacent (not attached) bathroom with 24 hour hot water, western toilet, hot shower. Towels, bedsheets, pillows are all provided. There is a washing machine in the common area for easy washes. For stays of one month or more you will also be provided extra bedsheets, extra pillow covers to change them when you wish.
Your bedroom has two solid wood beds, western style mattress, bedsheets, Windows, curtains, chairs, table, ceiling fan, mosquito meshes, optional floor seating plus a cupboard to hold your belongings. Your bedroom opens up into a large cheerful living room with sofas carpets, many chairs, settees and a dining area. You will also have usage of a washing machine, use of private rooftop terrace, plus a large kitchen with fridge, a 4 burner gas stove plus a pantry with essential dishes, pots, pans. We also have the fastest speed wifi in Mysore which can be used for normal browsing. We live on the street behind you on another property and are easily accessible in person /phone for any help you may need.
We respect your privacy. We interact with guests as much or as little as needed. Call us if you can't decide on what to see, shop or eat. We can help design custom day trips or overnight trips to Coorg, (coffee plantations , spice markets) Tibetan monastery, Belur, Haleibud, Hampi, Kerala , Wayanad etc. If you would like to travel further up north we can put you in touch with a travel agency to make all flight and hotel arrangements. Many guests have done so and have been thrilled.
For sporting activities we can arrange private golf lessons, horse-riding classes, water sports, trekking, land-based parasailing and microlight flying classes, to name a few.
For those interested in the arts we can arrange for yoga, painting/ drawing, wood-carving, Bollywood dancing classes, sand art etc.
Being foodies ourselves, we will gladly recommend the best cafes and good restaurants in town and give you tips on museums, and shopping or souvenir places too.
1. New washing machine in apartment. Please ask for demo when ready for first wash
2. No outside shoes in the house
3. No eating in the bedrooms
4. No smoking property ( inside or outside on Terrace / balcony)
Since we live on another property near Green Lotus, you have a very beautiful private space and are accountable for :
- keeping main green gate ( from street) locked at all times so that door to door salespeople and others ( stray dogs, beggars, street cleaners, thieves) do not enter the property at any time. In India , there are many scam visitors at the gate claiming we sent them or they are the owner of the house! Please do NOT open the gate for anyone. We will send you a message or introduce you to the maid / or any maintenance personnel
- Gokulum is extremely safe yet common sense precautions need to be taken. especially for westerners. Please allow only the housekeeper into the apartment and let her clean in your presence. Local Maids in India do not have the same speed, integrity and professionalism as in the west, so please recognise this.
- For the safety of other resident guests absolutely No Overnight guests.
- Please be Responsible, respectful and hassle free.
- No loud music or disturbing neighbors.
- No smoking, alcohol and/or drugs. No parties. Guests to leave premises in same or better condition as when they checked in.
- Our housekeeper is not available for personal chores/dish cleaning.
- Guests' responsibility to switch off hot water heaters and gas after each use to maintain appliances and conserve energy. Guest will be billed any excess by the digital meter if bill is more than normal/average during their stay. Average usage is 1.5 units per day per guest. Excess billed at Rs 7 / meter. Meter can be read by all guests and is on the outside wall of ground floor apartment Buddha Room.
- Guests responsible for repair/replacement costs from damage to geysers (from not switching off after use) and/or any other appliances as a result of mishandling.
- Guests responsible for cleaning dishes, glasses used during the stay. Guests to also remove all old food or items from refrigerator before checkout. Failure to do so upon departure will attract an additional INR 300 charge.
- Fully refundable Security deposit of $100 per guest for stays longer than 5 days. Short term guests pay $50 each. Deposit will be returned at checkout 10 minutes before departure/ cab arrives. Please kindly recognise that asking for deposit any day or one day before departure still defeats its purpose. Please pay security deposit in local currency. So far every guest has been returned the full security deposit on departure. Deposit is to ensure that there is no coffee on the carpet or tea on the bed. Deposit will only be returned at exact departure time. If we are not in town, arrangements are made to ensure your deposit is returned on time.
- we are not responsible for the safety of your belongings. Kindly keep items carefully and safely and bring locks for your suitcases if needed.
- your privacy is limited to your room/ bathroom. Common areas can be accessed by host or cleaning lady during the daytime to supervise repair people or arrange other rooms for checking in /out of other guests.
- guest to communicate with host directly if there are any issues to be dealt with ( e.g gate lock is cumbersome etc) We appreciate direct feedback from all our guests and take prompt steps to incorporate any positive upgrades in any area.
Please respect the host and their efforts to make your stay comfortable and make a genuine effort to have a harmonious relationship