Charming Lake Front Chalet with picturesque lake views. This fully equipped chalet has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1 with private Jacuzzi located on Lac Sir John in the foothills of the Laurentians. Only 45 minutes from Montreal and an hour and 45 minutes from Ottawa. It consists of a living room/dining room with stone fireplace, and a fully equipped eat in kitchen. Picture window views of the lake are available from the living room/dining room, family room and master bedroom. Each of the rooms are themed in a different aspect of Adirondack Whimsy and it can accommodate up to 6 people. Equipped with TVs, DVD, and computer with high speed Wi-Fi connection. Outside you have a deck with gas grill and an octagonal screened gazebo overlooking the lake.
The home is located in a quiet cul de sac 5 miles up Rt. 329 outside the city of Lachute with its 3 grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, and much more. The ski center of Morin Heights is located 15 minutes north on Rt. 329 and offers 25 runs. Also located in Morin Heights are the Morin Heights cross country ski trails with 150 km of groomed trails voted the best in North America. Fifteen minutes further on Rt. 329 is St. Sauveur with its 8 ski centers offering 145 runs of which 89 runs are lit. If snowmobiling is more your idea of fun, this area offers the most extensive network of trails in the world, and you will be able to connect to a local trail from the chalet.
• Snow removal from the driveway and sidewalk
• All linens and towels
• Modern kitchen with microwave and convection oven, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, bottled water dispenser
• Laundry with washer and dryer on the living level of the house
• One queen bed, one double bed, one double futon, and one double sofa bed
• 2 bathrooms, one with Jacuzzi, both with showers
• Cozy sunroom with comfortable wicker furniture
• 2 car garage with driveway parking available for 4 cars
• Cross country skiing, sledding, and snowshoeing on and around the 300 acres of Lac Sir John
3 month minimum rental is $3960, that’s just $44 per night! Longer rental periods are discounted.
We are explorers, and we are both retired. The lakehouse at Lac Sir John is our second home which we have been renting for 13 years off and on.Since we live part time in New York, we have a local caretaker to take care of the side walk and any unforeseen events.