Beautifully renovated and restored 1892 Lair Hill Mansion with spacious decks offering views of the Cascades. Top floor unit features a unique vaulted living room, original grand staircase, a large master bedroom suite, 3 queen beds, two decks, and a quirky shower with partial views of Mt. Hood. The house (known as the A.P. Delin House) was added to the National Register of Historic Places by the National Parks Service and the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office in 2016.
My house is an original Portland mansion from 1892. It was divided in the 80s into 3 separate units. This unit (3304) is mostly on the top level of the house. The main living area of this unit is the former attic. It has been transformed into a unique space with a massive built-in sofa and offers views of the cascades out the large french doors that lead to the main deck. The unit has a second partially shaded deck off the master suite. Throughout the unit you will find interesting details like the triangular shower with windows facing Mt. Hood or the raised dais of the bed space in the master suite. A number of the windows in the foyer are original stain glass from the late 1800s. I have just completed a number of repairs and updates to the unit, so you may note the redone window seat area at the top of the stairs or the new shade structure on the 2nd deck. Prior to this, the house was last renovated in the 80s, so you may note a funky vibe from that era. One of the funky design choices is that the master suite (bedroom and bathroom) is an entirely open space. There is no door to separate the bedroom from the bathroom.
It's a lovely, comfortable, and certainly distinctive historic home. I love it and I hope you will too.
Unit 3304 includes 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1 "bonus room" with a queen size bed, 2 decks, a washer and dryer, a large living room space, a dining room, a large window seat, and a small desk area for working. You will also have access to one guest parking pass. You will need to use that parking pass during the work week as my house is in a 2 hour area. The 2 hour limit ends after 6pm. Please DO NOT FORGET TO PUT THE PARKING PASS BACK IN THE HOUSE! Do not drive off with the parking pass. Please leave it on the dish in the middle of the dining room table.
You will receive a door code shortly before your stay. This is all you need to access the house as the main entry way has an electronic smartlock. There is also a security camera at the front door connected to the lock. I may or may not be able to meet you in person. This is my home, but I travel for work quite frequently. However, at a minimum, I will be happy to speak to you over the phone and answer any questions you might have that are not answered here. I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible here.
I am, of course, happy to get to know all of my guests. I'd be delighted to help you enjoy your time in Portland.
The OHSU Tram passes just over the house. It is totally silent so you might not even notice. For those of you visiting the hospital it is super quick to get up there from the house. You can either ride the Tram or simply walk up the hill to the campus from the house.
There is a fire pit in the front patio area that guests are welcome to use. Please purchase your own firewood and make sure to put the fire out thoroughly before you leave.
执照或登记号码Portland Accessory Short Term Rental Type A Permit #: 15-271420-000-00-HO
I recently purchased and renovated this house. Please be very respectful of it and treat it as if it was your own home. I expect my guests to act like mature adults and be considerate of the other residents in this 3-unit building as well as of the neighbors.
The following rules must be strictly adhered to:
- NO SURPRISE OVERNIGHT GUESTS. You must correctly state the number of overnight guests that will be staying at the house. If you have more than number agreed upon at the time of your reservation you will be charged $50 extra per person per night and/or asked to leave without a refund.
- NO AUDIBLE OUTSIDE NOISE AFTER 10pm. If you come back to the house after 10pm enter the house as quietly as possible. Avoid entering and exiting the house multiple times after 10pm. The other residents of the house and the neighbors may be asleep. You may use the decks after 10pm but conversation must be kept to a whisper. My neighbors’ bedrooms are directly across from the decks and they can easily be disturbed by any conversation.
- INSIDE QUIET HOURS 12pm-7am. No significant noise inside the house from 12pm until 7am. There are two other units in the house. If you are stomping around, playing loud music, or shouting you will likely be disturbing the other residents of the house.
- NO PARTIES are allowed at the house. This unit does accommodate up to 6 people, but please do not have large groups over to the house. If you would like to have a gathering at the house, you must receive my permission in advance. If this rule is violated I will ask you to leave that evening and there will not be a refund of your fees. The other two units in the house are below you and if you are making a great deal of noise it will disturb them. I have long term tenants in the other two units. A $100 fee will be taken from your security deposit if this rule is violated.
- NO PETS - animals are not allowed at my home. This is a strict policy. No pets. A $50 extra cleaning fee will be assessed if this is violated.
- TIDY UP after yourself. If the house is left in poor condition after your stay you will be charged an additional $85 cleaning fee.
- Do NOT SMOKE in the house or anywhere on the property. Outdoor smoking and dropping of cigarette butts into garden areas is the number one cause of house fires in the city of Portland. Do not smoke on the property, period. If you must smoke please do so on the public sidewalk and dispose of your cigarette butts properly and do not thrown them into the yard. A $50 extra cleaning fee will be assessed if this is violated.
- DO NOT FORGET TO PUT THE PARKING PASS BACK IN THE HOUSE! I am able to offer free parking at the house with the use of a parking pass. However, Do not drive off with the parking pass. It should be placed in the dish in the middle of the dining table before your departure. If you leave with the pass you will be charged a $30 replacement fee.
I am a Wisconsinite transfer to the West Coast. I travel a lot so I like to host people at my apartment while I am away. I am a big believer in the Airbnb experience and the whole sharing economy. It makes sense to use things more efficiently and share them when you aren't using them yourself. As for me, I work in cleantech at a small startup. I love the quality of life and relaxed feel of Portland. I have been an Airbnb host now since early 2013 and have also stayed as an Airbnb guest a number of times. I formerly hosted many guests at my apartment in San Francisco.
I like to host cool people who are excited to visit Portland, get away from the hotel experience, and get a taste for what living here is really like. I hope to host you soon and get to know you in the process.