We are located in the quiet and quaint N. Beacon Hill. This safe and diverse neighborhood is just a 10-12 min walk to the light rail station and a 5 min walk to two major bus lines. Getting to downtown Seattle (pike place market) only takes 25 minutes, door to door. There are also some great coffee shops and dining options nearby.
This newly renovated stand-alone cottage was designed with the Airbnb traveler in mind. Including your own bathroom, full kitchen, living space and queen-sized bed.
***Thanks in advance for reading this entire post BEFORE BOOKING***
This studio sits in the back of our main home, which is a triplex. We live in the lower unit, while our tenants live in the upper two units. This is a stand alone cottage, so you will have your own private entrance with keyless entry and your own bathroom and kitchen stocked with dishware, cookware, coffee/tea. This space features a real bed (not air mattress), flat screen TV with cable, free WIFI access and a couch where you can lounge, kick up your feet and make yourself at home.
- Private entrance with private bath and kitchen
- Personal patio area with two adirondack chairs
- Queen sized bed with fresh linens
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash (toothbrush, floss, lotion, shower cap, slippers also available if needed)
- High speed wireless internet
- HD Flat screen LED TV with cable TV channels
- Apartment sized fridge
- Coffee maker/toaster (We have an AeroPress coffee maker)
- Cookware and dish ware
- Farmhouse sink with garbage disposal
- All the gadgets you need to cook breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Bread for toast and coffee with milk and sugar
- Coffee/tea and kettle
- Towels and washcloths
- Walk-in closet with four drawer dresser
- Iron and Ironing board
- Plenty of books and magazines (we love to read!)
- Seattle centric books related to day hikes, popular restaurants and must-see activities.
- We are very baby/kid friendly and have everything you will need to host your baby. (Baby tub, pack and play, feeding chair, toys, books, car seat, bumbo etc). Please let us know beforehand and we can have everything ready. Note: kids three years and under stay for free!
- Free street parking can typically be found within a one block radius. Other than for loading/unloading your belongings, please do not park in the driveway.
- The keyless entry password to access the cottage will be sent to you via the Airbnb messaging system 24 hours before arriving. Please don't hesitate to send me a reminder text in case I forget :) Mommy brains gets the best of me sometimes.
I (Angela) spend more time at home, since I am a part-time stay at home mom so I will be the main person interfacing with guests. I am happy to meet guests and will usually will greet you upon arrival. During our initial interaction, I like to spend some time giving folks a quick tour of the cottage and a quick intro to the neighborhood. I am easily accessible via phone or texts if folks have questions about recommendations and such. In general, I would love to interact with folks as much or as little as they want.
If you choose to have a third guest, please be mindful that their sleeping arrangement will be on our couch, which can comfortably sleep a person that is no taller than 5"3" tall. We also have a twin sized air mattress for those who prefer not to sleep on the couch. The couch is firm and not lumpy or saggy and has been reported to be really comfortable to sleep on! We can pre-arrange bedding for that person if you let us know beforehand. Again, if the third guest is aged 3 or under, they stay for free!
- We are a NON-SMOKING home. If you do decide to smoke, please smoke at least 25 feet away from any window on our property.
- Check in time is at 4pm or later and check out time is at 11 am or earlier. Please give me a heads up via text message when you will be checking in and out. Feel free to ask me about dropping off luggage earlier or storing luggage after check-out time.
- No pets allowed please.
- ABSOLUTELY no drugs, parties, marijuana, smoking, theft, or illegal activity allowed on the premises.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm- 9am (especially for the patio area. Since the patio area sits right near the window for our tenants, please be mindful of your interactions because sound travels!)
- Please clean dirty dishes and leave them on the drying rack provided.
- Please refrain from using the backyard, as we are reserving the yard for our family's personal use only. You are welcome to use your own personal patio area as much as you'd like though :) However, please keep quiet hours in mind.
I (Angela) am a New York City native and pleasantly surprised to find myself in love with Seattle. Currently, you will find me in sweats with a toddler in tow trying to navigate life as a first time mom to our daughter Rosie and as a part-time mental health therapist in private practice.
My husband, Herman, is a native Seattleite and is loving his job as a dad and a fund developer at a small local nonprofit serving urban neighborhoods in South Seattle.
In our past lives, we used to be super cool and traveled around the world. We even lived in Shanghai for the majority of our 20's and part of our 30's. We both have enjoyed visiting Thailand, Vietnam, New Zealand, Australia, England, Italy, Spain, France, Korea, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, Croatia, Mexico, Canada, Mongolia, Jamaica, Singapore, Taiwan, and of course, China.
We love being global citizens and value meeting people from all different walks of life. It would bring us much joy to host you and to meet you!