We believe this is the best location in all of Pagose Springs. We are tucked peacefully between Main St and the San Juan River and right below Reservoir Hill which is where the Bluegrass and Folk Music Festivals are held.
Come and live the dream of staying in a Vintage Airstream. “Galaxar”, as we call her, is a fully renovated 1968 Trade Wind, Airstream. She is our baby. We would love to share the experience of an Airstream along with a unique setting with you. Everyone should get the chance to stay in one of America’s iconic campers. We are located right on the beautiful San Juan River in the heart of downtown Pagosa Springs.
We have made sure that you will have all the comforts of home in our Airstream. The kitchen is stocked with basic spices, coffee, tea, and has a French press coffee-maker. There is also a large (for an Airstream!) refrigerator/freezer and a gas stove.
Soft, memory foam seating greets you in the front area. In the evening, lower the table top and transform the seating area into a queen size bed. Cuddle up with lots of colorful pillows and blankets and watch a movies on the flat screen TV and DVD player.
The bedroom has a full-sized, memory foam bed, and is very private. You will have plenty of room to store your belongings in the wardrobe style closet with drawer below. Wake up in the morning to many types of birds and possibly deer who frequent the area. Enjoy a cup of coffee on the private dock overlooking the river and Reservoir Hill or in the outdoor seating area surrounded by flowers, grass and a huge weeping willow tree.
The bathroom is compact but functional. It has a full size toilet and a stand-up shower with plenty of hot water and fresh towels. We do however ask that you do not take our towels to the hot springs. They have towels available for you there. And we will provide older towels for your river adventure!
In the evening, treat yourself to the hammock, or just laze about by the fire pit. Or have a sip of wine in our lovely gazebo listening to the river flow by.
During your stay, our backyard is your backyard. The backyard has a private deck overlooking the river, a gazebo, fire pit, trampoline, and sitting area. You will be supplied with your own key to come and go as you need. There is also a washer/ dryer in the main house that could be made available to you.
We would love to be available to offer good conversation and help during your stay. And if you have children, our 10, 7 and 3 years old would enjoy playing! However, if you seek privacy, we will honor that as well.
* The Airstream, which we refer to as “Galaxar” is over 47 years old. She’s seen a lot of use and some abuse, so we ask you to treat her with respect and be gentle with her. We have updated everything, but we still expect that some of her features may need some adjustments. We will be on hand to assist with correcting anything that isn’t just right.
* Sorry, but the Airstream is not set up for pets.
* No smoking is allowed.
* For the security and privacy of all, access to the property is limited to registered guests only unless otherwise authorized by owner.
* Please do not take our towels to the hot springs or river. We will provide other towels for the river, and the hot springs has towels available for you there.
* Please park on the garage side of the house.
* Please keep gate closed at all times when entering and leaving.
* Please respect the neighbors. Please keep your noise down after 10 PM, be mindful that noise travels outside.
* Clean all dishes.
* Place the key on the counter (no need to lock up)
* Check in is at 3pm & check out is at 11am.