My boyfriend and I visited New Orleans for the first time and it was also our first time using Airbnb. The neighborhood was very quiet, and was about a 15 minute walk to Frenchmen's street. We used Uber most of the time to get to Bourbon street and it was around $7. There was always parking directly in front of the place so that was convenient since we drove. We didn't spend much time in the place, but it was nice and quiet for sleeping (there were some roosters in the morning but they weren't nearly as bad as some people made them seem on a few reviews!) Marcus was a great host and we had no problems! I would definitely stay here again!
DO NOT STAY HERE. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. The apartment was very dirty upon arrival, especially the floors. We had to keep our socks on the entire time and within a few minutes our socks were black from the dirt and covered in hair. There were bugs and insects in the apartment, including cockroaches. By the front door, there was a trail of ants carrying in food into the apartment from one of the many cracks in the walls and floors. In the bathroom there were gnats, mosquitoes, and other water bugs that perched on the bath towels, wash cloths and toothbrushes. The most disgusting part was the cockroaches that we found in the bathroom. The apartment has cracks in the floors and all of the insects come through the cracks. When we stepped on some of the wood planks, they would creak and lower under our weight as if close to breaking. This can't be a safe place for people to stay. The towels and linens were not very clean. They had not been washed and the sheets had stains on them. The shower curtain in the bathroom was filthy and covered in mildew and soap scum. The listing is described as modern but there is nothing modern about the apartment unless you count the fact that there is electricity. The walls are chipped. There are holes and cracks in the flooring. The wood planks on the floor is broken in some places. The fireplace is a mess and filled with broken bricks and dust. The bottom of the tub is covered in stains and chipped. The photos on the listing must have been taken several years ago and the owner has not updated them for quite some time. The neighborhood is very run down and there are boarded up windows on houses. It did not feel very safe.