I’m a 5 years experienced Airbnb host with 200+ positive reviews with a large, comfortable apt welcoming people from all over of the world. My home is peaceful, always clean, in a safe area centrally located only few minutes walk to/from the subway station and everything you may need.
* Please note this room has not been receiving recent reviews because I had a long term guest in it for over an year, with her upcoming departure, it is now once again available to all airbnb guests.
* Although the calendar may show dates as available, please check with me first before you trying to reserve the room.
* If you are a first time Airbnb user, and if you would like to give me the opportunity to host you, please introduce yourself and let me know a little bit about the reason for your trip PRIOR SENDING ME THE RESERVATION REQUEST.
* If you are a guest that already received positive reviews from Airbnb hosts, and have a complete profile, there is no need for the personal introduction.
* The apt is a walk-up (2 flights of stairs- no elevator)
* You will not share this space with anyone.
* This is a Semi Private Bedroom with a daybed twin size (one person). It has a very comfortable 8’ inches mattress. The mattress has a cover protection to ensure its cleanness.
* The only reason this room is in a ‘semi-private’ classification is because it is located near some common areas. The living room in my home is huge and it's barely used, there is plenty space and it is divided by 4 ambiances; living room, dinning room, TV- reading room and the bedroom created in the space "the semi private bedroom".
*In order to keep your visual privacy, there are 3 x 7 feet high screen dividers with 4 panels on each that when it's closed nobody will see you while you are in the space, giving you 100% visual privacy
* It is a perfect room if you would like to save some money in accommodations, great bedroom if you are a tourist or short term working, internship, or student. It is the right home if you want a clean & comfortable bed to sleep in a quiet home in a very safe area.
* You will receive weekly clean sets of towels (1 bath towel, 1 hand/face towel and 1 washcloth), and weekly clean sheets (100% Egyptian cotton, 600 thread counts, Hypoallergenic Comforter with a Duvet Cover and 2-4 different types of hypoallergenic pillows).
* Your hostess definitely respects your privacy, and if you are sleeping I will do my best to not disturb you with sounds.
* You will have access to a large closet, storage drawers, 200 channels TV, reading light. This room has a window for fresh air and sun and great nature/quiet view.
* You will share the house with your host (me), occasional guest in the private room, and 2 miniature dogs, extremely friendly & well trained-which means no ‘accidents’ inside of the house or annoying attitudes.
* At night the dogs go to sleep with me and I close my door, so they will not be around the house at night.
* Evening/retrieving time, is like having your own studio, you may have less privacy with the sounds, but you definitely have more space than everyone.
* You will find everything you need inside for a comfortable stay. A clean home is VERY important to me; this apt is also free of bugs.
* The apt is perfectly located to everything. A short walk away you will find: dinners, coffee shops, liquor store, drugstores, banks, supermarkets, bakeries, several 24 hours stores, local neighborhood pubs and diverse dining options.
* Per my reviews as a hostess I guarantee you that you will be accommodated by the right person; you will be staying in a family oriented, peaceful and clean home.
* Your bedroom and common areas: shared bathroom, living room and full kitchen
* Fridge with plenty space to store your food, the kitchen is abundantly equipped to cook and you are welcome to use it as long you keep it clean after you use it.
* Unlimited free Wi-Fi access
I have 200+ Positive Reviews, hosted more than 300 People from 36 Countries (long and short terms); every guest is treated with respect and kindness. I will welcome you as a dear member of my family; however I'm very professional and I will respect your privacy.
I’m here also to explain anything you need to know about NYC. A request is never too small or too big and I will try my best to accommodate your needs.
My native language is Brazilian Portuguese, I’m fluent in English and I can also communicate a bit in Spanish.
****Extra items available to you for your comfort:
* Hair dryer, Q-tips, cotton balls, magnifier mirror in your room
* First Aid kit
* For short term guests, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner is available; however longer term guests are responsible for their own personal care products.
* Available to all guests: coffee, teas, and basic condiments
* Water filter Brita (did you know Brooklyn WATER is the CLEANEST water in the country?)
* Umbrellas, tourist guides and subway map
* Endless choices of menus of local restaurants to deliver food to our door, Bay Ridge is well-known for its quality restaurants
* Iron and an ironing board
****EXTRA FEES and important extra information
* The cleaning/laundry & guest maintenance fee included in your reservation cover only up to 7 nights. If you are planning to stay longer than one week, you need to pay in CASH $10 per extra week. Please understand that I would do it thru airbnb but I don’t have the option in their system to set up variable cleaning prices and charge the guest fairly according to the number of nights. Please note this fee is to cover expenses with things during your stay to ensure your needs are covered, and you will have a proper stay. As an example these are some of the items: dishes and hand soap, dish sponges, paper towels, cleaning products, trash bags, light bulbs, toilet paper, and this fee also covers the expenses to wash & dry your sheets and towels which requires laundry detergent, fabric softener, bleach, as well stain removers, etc..
* For guest with more than a week stay: on the 8th day the sheets and towels will be replaced for cleaned ones, and so on.
* Monthly Guests: If you are going to stay the majority of the time at home - 95% (either because you work from home or need to study), an extra $20 per month needs to be paid to me in cash in order to cover the electrical bill during fall, winter and spring or $35 per month during the summer months because of the Air Conditioner in your room.
* Washer and dryer is available only for long term guests (one month or more stay), guest is responsible for her/his own laundry detergent, and only the host can control the machines. Maximum usage is once per week.
* It is highly appreciated if you don’t cause food or make-up stains on the sheets & towels. If an accident happened please tell me right way so I can treat the fabric with stain removers and give you clean linens. Please don't try to clean it, just give it to me. Ladies only, if you use heavy make-up I can provide darker color linens & towels, just let me know in advance and I will be prepared for you. If you caused unrepaired damages to the sheets and towels because you are careless, you will need to cover the cost in order to replace it, and the amount will be deduct from your security deposit.
* I’m responsible for your bedroom maintenance (change the bedding, vacuum and clean it), which is a weekly service. Since I’m the only person responsible for this service, you can be worry-free that your personal belongings are secure and I will inform you the date prior the maintenance in order to not disturb you
****CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT TIMES:
* The check-in and check-out times can be flexible, but I need to know in advance your plans to ensure feasibility
* Your check-out time is based on the arrival time of the next guest, i.e. if a new guest(s) arrives at the same day of your check-out day, then your room check out is 11AM and the check-in will be at 2PM (or earlier if I finished cleaning the room)
* The time of your check-out is definitely flexible if there is no guest(s) arriving on the same day
* You can arrive or leave very early or late, but please make sure you talk to me first and get my confirmation, I need to plan my schedule ahead of time.
* Never leave the front door open, not even for a second please.
* Ensure that you always close the front/main door after you pass through it
* Please pick up after yourself, hang up your towels in your room on the designated area (do not leave your wet towel on the bed), wash your own dishes and don't leave your personal items lying around in common areas of the house. Please keep your bedroom clean, and don't leave dirty dishes and neither opened food packages in your room.
* Please keep the fridge free of spoiled foods and stove free of grease.
* No smoking inside the house or in the bedrooms. Smoking only the terrace (make sure you close the doors behind you so the smell doesn't get in the apt) and please don't toss your ashes or cigarettes buds on the ground or over the terrace, there is an astray outside.
*When you leave your bedroom (or other common areas) please remember to turn off all the appliances and the lights…your host appreciates if you can contribute in saving energy. During the spring and summer months it's okay to leave the window open for fresh air if you desire, as long it is not raining. During winter months if you open the windows you will lose the heat in your room and make my heating bill too high. If the heat in your room is too hot for you, please tell me and I control the amount of heat in your area.
* Please tell me if you are not coming back home to sleep so I don't worry that something bad happened to you and a note of advice; please inform me if you have any special medical condition that I should be aware (i.e. food allergies) and who I should contact in case of an emergency. If you are a foreign and I'm your only contact, keep my name and phone number available in your wallet.
* Even though you are provided with a set of keys of my home, you don't have the right to invite others to the house unless it has been approved by the host. I'm flexible if you would like to have a friend or family member vising; however you must to talk to me first and get my approval. Do not lose your set of keys, I have a special key that can not be duplicated and if you lose it I will need to change the whole door lock system and that is very expense and you will be responsible for that cost (around $200).
* You are free to come and go as you please; however if come late at night when others are sleeping please be as quiet as possible
* Just come in peace and I assure you that my home is very serene, respectful, clean and you will enjoy staying with me!!