Relax in the surrounding grandeur of the lake, mountains, water, wildlife! Perfect for the outdoor enthusiast, this waterfront gem is fully furnished, and has amenities including, but not limit to: kitchen, wi-fi, balcony, fire pit and private dock.
This is the ultimate in vacation rentals-you'll never want to leave!!
Our property is a lakefront playground nestled among wilderness and solitude, giving the ultimate sense of privacy and comfort.
There are two lakefront restaurants, accessible through the lake on the ice roads in the winter or by boat in the summer months. Big Lake is Alaska's playground and the beginning of hundreds of miles of snow machine trails and miles of lake for summer recreational activities. The private dock is perfect to tie up water craft, boats, canoes, and park your winter toys.
On the private lawn area, provided upon request, are a variety of yard games for all ages and horseshoes. Outside camping chairs are provided for around the fire pit or down by lakeside or on the dock.
To assist you during your stay the following information will be helpful:
• This is a NON-SMOKING apartment.
• Occupancy is limited to 4.
• Check–in time is anytime after 3:00 P.M. and check–out time is at or before 11:00 A.M.
• Keys to the apartment will be provided upon arrival unless other arrangements have been made.
• Covered parking is provided adjacent to the apartment building.
• Provided in the apartment is a DVD player with a small selection provided for your enjoyment and a radio with a cd player.
• For your convenience the apartment includes the following to meet your needs –
The fully furnished kitchen has everything you need to cook your favorite meals.
The outside balcony has an electric Char Broil Bistro BBQ grill with tools.
The bedroom has a queen size bed and the living room has a queen size futon.
The bathroom has heated floors.
For outside enjoyment, four camp chairs are provided.
A private dock on the lake includes a paddle boat with life jackets.
A picnic table is provided on the lower yard with an enclosed fire pit with wood provided.
Adjacent to the apartment entrance door is an attached patio deck with railing, circular high tables, chair, umbrella, and electric bbq.
• NO pets are allowed at anytime on the property.
• Maximum number of visitors is limited to 4.
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 P.M. – 8:00 A.M.
We have lived in Alaska since 1982. We acquired our first cabin on Big Lake in 1987. We soon realized this is where we wanted to live permanently. In 2001, we built our beautiful log home on the lake adjacent to our first cabin.
Highlights of living on the lake have included water skiing, enjoying our float boat, and during the winter having the opportunity to extensively become avid snow machine advocates enabling adventures to beautiful mountains which you could not access except by plane or hiking. Hunting in the isolated lakes and mountains via our off road vehicle has greatly added to our quality of life.
Getting to know people from all over the world has provided an amazing opportunity to continue to appreciate other cultures and lifestyles.
Maui is a favorite destination as our Alaska weather transitions from winter to summer.