It's a cottage life experience in the heart of the rocky mountains. This 1920's character home is ready for you to create lasting memories in every season. Nestled in a 360 degree view of the mountains, at the foot of hiking, fishing, an ice-cream shop & waterfalls. This cottage is mere steps from incredible hiking & secluded trails. If you're wanting tranquility, enjoy music or make your own with the piano and violin or draw/paint or write with the peace and quiet a mountain town inspires.
1 1/2 story beautiful 1920's character home with wood floors, lots of light, home comfort living and spacious rooms. Lots of space for adventure gear. Semi Private Main Floor area. Host stays in Attic but has access to the kitchen and bathroom. If guests are using Main floor, she doesn't use the living area. The 2 cats might though ;) There is a door that separates these spaces making it fully private. Beds are very comfortable with nice linens. You will be provided one clean bath towel, a few kitchen towels, a face towel and a bathroom sink towel in the bathroom. All towels and sheets get cleaned and sanitized in between guest changeovers. The house is also cleaned with 100% natural but very strong sanitizing cleaners that are eco friendly. Rest assured that you can put your feet up without worry.
This rents out the entire main floor of the house which includes the Queen Room, Double bunk over single bed, Living room, Dining room, piano, Kitchen, Butlers Pantry, Mudroom, and Bathroom. The host has access to the nannies quarters upstairs. Kitchen, Bathroom, mudroom, large bedrooms, internet, dining room, lots of free parking, HUGE backyard with a fire pit and matching burgundy vintage bicycles to ride. If you are looking for a fully private rental & pet friendly, please check out my other listing: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/5905695
If Vitalia is on site and not in Calgary, you are more than welcome to interact if she is not busy. The amount of interaction is up to you. Some people like to keep to themselves and some are more extraverted, Vitalia is easy going and can accommodate that.
I am celiac and my family is celiac, if you want to bring gluten into the home, there are rules to follow to prevent autoimmune diseases and stomach cancer for us. Let me know if you plan to bring gluten and I can provide a quick and easy way to keep things safe in the kitchen. :) thank you for caring!
Check in after 4pm: check out before 10am
The neighbour across the street has 24HR video surveillance of both our properties and can be accessed on our phones.
HOUSE RULES (Please see Animals, Kitchen & Home Section)
Since we will be sharing the house, please note that I have 2 very beloved indoor cats. Cats out here go missing and get killed all the time by the wildlife we have such as owls, eagles, cougars and bears. One seasons records were 48 cats, most of them from the Bellevue area. Please educate every guest who arrives with you to keep them from escaping. It is quite handy to lock them behind the kitchen door if and when you need to leave the front door open for easy transport of bags/luggage. The front door has a way of opening so please lock up at all times. If you or your party are not reliable in this area, please feel free to inform me or book the entire home here for an inexpensive extra $15/night: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/5905695
I have Celiac Disease, a digestive system that can't break down gluten (wheat, rye, barley and oats that are not GF) and contamination can have irreversible health consequences. contamination is when gluten touches anything and my gf free food simply touches the spot that had gluten. Gluten can only be removed by washing with hot water and soap and wood surfaces are unable to be cleaned of gluten without sandblasting it due to it's porous nature. I require ALL guests to follow the 5 kitchen rules. If you do not know what gluten or celiac disease is, feel free to ask me questions. This is not a GF lifestyle but a serious disease.
1. For gluten items ex: bread, cookies, Crackers, pastries; use the 2 white plastic cutting boards & plates only! Wash thoroughly with hot water & soap. Do not use any wood. The only way to get gluten out of wood is to sandblast it. Not very convenient when I want to make dinner ;)
2. Do NOT use my condiments such as jam, butter, mustards etc. Please tell every guest who stays with you. I do provide guest friendly condiments. Check for ones marked :)
3. When making pasta in my pots, WASH THOROUGHLY. Check for sticky bits on the bottom and sides, wash again if necessary. Any trace amount will make me violently ill. I don't mind re-washing just leave them out for me to do if you are unsure.
4. Put things back how you found them. All peelers, spatulas utensils etc. please put back in bin.
5. Cast iron pans are lovely. If you don't know how to keep them non stick, I'll send you a brilliant article.
I hope you love the home as much as we do. Please treat the place with respect and care
1. Put things back how you found them.
2.Hang up your wet towels on the many hooks provided. (Tip: check behind your door)
3. Clean soiled linens that will stain if left such as towels and sheets for items you do not want to pay to replace.
4. Leave the house how you found it.
5. Turn off the BBQ after use on both the BBQ and the PROPANE tank. If you use the BBQ more than 3x, please refill tank.
6. Smoking is NOT allowed.
7. No outside guests without prior permission from your host. Doing so can result in immediate cancellation without refund.
8. Any excessive cleaning required will be deducted from the deposit.
I am a quiet person at first, an outgoing introvert, HSP, artistic, clean, courteous & fun loving. I am into art, food, travel, nature, permaculture & Natural medicine and enjoy meeting travellers. I love horseback riding and dancing too. I used to be a competitive ballerina and grew up salsa dancing. I'm also a bit of a cat nut.
I am studying to become a Clinical Herbalist, Osteopath and Medical Doctor.
I married my perfect match Jeremy last Fall in the Crowsnest Pass, he is an amazing photographer and shoots for magazines like The Walrus and has a pretty epic legacy project he is working on. Ask him about it :) We have two cats that mean the world to us! We used to have a big yellow lab named Brandy and he has crossed the rainbow bridge.
I recently traveled through Australia, UK, Spain, Malaysia, BC, Alaska, Washington and Montana. My favourite travel spots are Easter Island, Seattle, Scotland & the Highlands.
Favourite books are the Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series!!! they're now making a TV series out of it?? *gasp*
Good music can brighten any kind of day. Especially while knitting or cooking.
I'm a super laid back traveler, courteous, very clean, considerate, and very independent. & as a host, I want everyone who comes into my home to feel comfortable.
I'm always looking to brush up on communicating in spanish and ASL!
Life is about love and relationships and growth.