We are out of town while the Pope is visiting. Lucky you! You get our whole house -- front porch, quiet backyard garden, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, kitchen, wifi, cat to snuggle. And the trolley to downtown is just 3 blocks away!
- front porch
- dining room/entry way with dining table and chairs
- living room with TV, couch, chair
- half bath
- fully stocked kitchen, gas stove, table and chairs
- backyard garden with table and chairs, charcoal grill
- Master bedroom with queen-sized bed and ensuite bathroom with shower
- Second upstairs bathroom with bathtub
- Small 2nd bedroom with twin-sized double-height air mattress
- Large 3rd bedroom with full-sized double-height air mattress topped with an egg crate (it'll feel like a regular bed!).
- All upstairs bedrooms have window air conditioners and 2 of the 3 have ceiling fans as well.
You'll have access to our whole house, with the exception of the basement. You can use our fully-stocked kitchen (we cook a lot, basically whatever you'd want is here), our wifi, cable TV, backyard BBQ. Or you can just use the house as a comfortable place to crash at the end of a long day. It's up to you!
We will be traveling abroad and inaccessible. However, we have a local friend who can be called in case of emergencies.
With 2 million people anticipated to attend the World Meeting of Families and the Pope's visit, center city will be a nightmare. You'll be far enough outside the hubbub to have a relaxing time, but close enough to go back and forth. That said, public transit is expected to be operating on a limited schedule during the Pope's visit, so please make sure to look that up before booking and make sure you're comfortable with what's happening.
We'd ask you to treat our house as if it were your house. We are not professional AirBnB-ers, but we'd like to do this again if it goes well.
Our cat will be in the house. She's very friendly! Please make sure not to leave doors and windows wide open so she's there to greet us when we return.
We do have 2 dogs, but they will be staying elsewhere. We're only mentioning this in case you're allergic to dogs.