PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR ESTIMATED CHECK IN TIME BEFORE BOOKING!
I have a lovely clean twin room with it's own private small en-suite to rent in my house.
(please my other listing for double room with en-suite)
•2 single beds. I have replaced the mattresses with other more firmer mattresses as of Feb 2015.
•a mirrored double wardrobe with shelving
•a dresser with chest of draws
•2 desks and chairs
I will provide fresh bedding and towels and for your own peace of mind you can lock your bedroom door on the inside and a key to the bedroom lock can also be provided if requested.
Limited use of kitchen available which is spacious and modern (Please note the cooker is NOT allowed to be used) and a back door leading to garden where smoking is permitted..
•Appliances include full height fridge/freezer
•Washing machine, microwave
CHECK-IN & CHECK OUT
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR ESTIMATED CHECK IN TIME BEFORE BOOKING OTHERWISE I MAY HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING!
• Up to late morning for check-out and early afternoon onwards for check-in works best for everyone! If you wish to check in early and just leave your luggage then that is fine!
•I try to be as flexible as possible with checking in and out as it mainly depends on if I have other guests arriving or going so please advise me what time you would like to check-in when you first enquire.
• Generally I work on Tuesday's and Thursday's check in will have to be after 17.30 as I don't get back from work until then on those days but this can vary.
Very good transport links, 5-7 minutes' walk to Harrow & Wealdstone station (Bakerloo & London Overground - Zone 5) and many bus routes.
•Heathrow Airport – just under an hour away on the 140 bus which is a direct 24 hour service and stops at the end of my road. The bus departs at stop No 19 at Heathrow Airport Central Bus Station and you get off at stop C for my place!
•Gatwick Airport – is about an 1 hour 15 minutes on the train with a change at Clapham Junction
• Stansted & Luton Airport's you can get the Easybus to Baker Street which both take about 1 hour and then get the Bakerloo train from Baker St directly to me in about 30 mins.
•Central London (Oxford Circus) – is 35 minutes on the Bakerloo Line
•Euston Station – is 14 minutes on the overground train with the last train leaving Euston at 1.34am on Monday to Friday & Sunday and 2.00am on Saturday's!
•Wembley Stadium/Arena – is about 30 minutes on the 182 bus which stops right outside the stadium or you can take the Bakerloo line to Wembley central in 8 minutes and then it is about a 15 mins walk.
•Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherd's Bush - is only 20 minutes on the overground train.
•Kensington Olympia – is 23 minutes on the Overground train.
•Brent Cross Shopping complex – buses 186 & 182
•Watford – Bus 258 or only 14 minutes by overground train
•Harrow-on-the-Hill town centre shopping area – is about a 20 minute walk or there are 5 different buses that all go there.
•Night buses – Just in case you miss the last train/tube back from Central London then don't worry as you can get the N18 bus which is a 24 hour night bus from Trafalgar Square (Cockspur Street - Stop N) which stops literally at the end of my road and then I'm a 2 minute walk away!
Single Fare from Zone 5 to Zone 1 is : £3.10 (off peak) or £4.70 (peak)
Or "Off Peak unlimited Travelcard" is: £12.00
Bus journey's are £1.50 per journey and they do NOT take cash.
Peak times are: 06:30 to 9.30 and from 16:00 to 19:00, Monday to Fridays (not on public holidays). Off peak fares apply at all other times.
The house is in a very quiet street in a very multiculturally diverse neighbourhood. Only a 2 minute walk at the bottom of the road there are the local supermarkets of Asda, Sainsbury's & Iceland. There are also pubs/bars and a few restaurants/take-away outlets including McDonald's and Subway nearby. If you fancy dining out I can personally recommend somewhere as there are some very good restaurants within a few minutes walking distance and judging by many of the good reviews on "tripadvisor" I am not the only one that enjoys going to them! There is a great Thai place near the train station which a few of my guests have already enjoyed dining in and the best bit is you can take your own alcoholic drinks (BYO) for free!
•There is on street parking outside which has parking restrictions on Monday to Friday between 10 - 11am & 2 - 3pm.
•At the end of the road you can park out of the restriction zone.
•There are no parking restrictions on Saturday and Sunday.
You can help yourself to a light breakfast of tea/coffee/toast and cereals in the morning.
The heating comes on in the morning for 2 hours and in the evening for 5 hours. To keep my costs down and rooms at a reasonable price the heating is not left on all night and is also off during the day. The heating is totally off during the warmer months which is around the months of April till October.
• The property has mains operated interlinked smoke alarms with battery back-up so if one alarm goes off it triggers all of the alarms to go off! The smoke alarms are on each floor and every room.
• There is also a heat detector alarm which is interlinked to the smoke alarms, fire blanket and fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
• There is a Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector in the boiler cupboard.
• All doors are fire resistant and are fitted with intumescent seals.
• In case of a power cut there is emergency lighting in the hallway, stairs and landing.
• Valid Gas Safe Cert & Electric Cert.
•Smoking is only allowed in the front or rear garden.
•All bills are included which includes unlimited wi-fi (there is also an ethernet CAT5 socket in the bedroom) and there are no extra hidden costs for cleaning etc.
•I will provide you with a set of keys to the front door so you can come and go as you please. A key to the bedroom door can also be made available upon request.
•I am more than happy to meet you at my local station Harrow & Wealdstone when you arrive if required and also set up an itinerary to assist you in arriving safely.
Please also note that if you want to stay up late drinking and partying then this is NOT the place for you. This is because I often have different guests staying at the same time and also a permanent tenant and guests need to respect this and keep noise to a minimum so everyone can have a peaceful stay!
I also have a permanent tenant in the property called Eddie who is a very quiet and respectful guy whom I have known for about 12 years.
As a host I will normally be around most of the time during your stay and I am more than happy to interact with you during your stay but if you prefer to just do your own thing then that is fine too.
My home is your home and I wish to make your stay as pleasant as possible. If you need to know anything else then please don't hesitate and ask me!
Please have at least a completed profile before contacting me thank you.
OTHER DOUBLE WITH EN-SUITE AVAILABLE
I also have another room advertised on this site which has a double bed and a separate single bed and also has it's own private an en-suite shower room and is available if you have extra family/friends who need somewhere to stay.
1. Please take off your shoes when you go up the stairs.
2. No other guests are allowed without requesting permission from the host first.
3. Please can guests ensure that they do NOT leave lights on when they are not using them especially if you have gone out for the day! Lights are NOT to be left on 24 hours a day!
4. Washing machine may be used for 1 wash per week and may only be used under supervision of the host as it must not be left unattended.
5. Please wash up after using any kitchen utensils and keep kitchen worktops clean and dry and only use the food that you have been shown!
6. Please lift up the toilet seat when going to the toilet to avoid any urine going on the seat.
7. Do not flush too much toilet paper down the toilet as this has been known to block the toilet. Only toilet paper to be put down the toilet! No baby wipes even as this toilet is fitted with a sanaflo!
8. All doors must be closed and NOT slammed!
9. LOCKS - (a) Do NOT lift up the handle of the inside front door when you enter the house as this will prevent anyone else entering this door with a key. (b) Do NOT move the latch on the main front door as this will prevent anyone else entering from outside with a key! (c) Please make sure the bedroom door thumb turn latch is in the vertical position when you exit the bedroom to prevent locking yourself out of the bedroom especially if you don't have your keys on you!
10. Smoking is only allowed in the front garden. Smoking is NOT allowed out of the window either.
11. NO candles or incense sticks to be lit anywhere in the house.
12. Please let me know your check in time at the time of booking and please read the description in full as I have included a lot of information to assist guests as much as possible.
Hi I'm Marcus!
I'm an very easy going and friendly guy who enjoys watching sport especially football and snooker. I enjoy dining out and love food from all different countries especially Indian and Thai food. When I’m home I enjoy chilling out in front of the box watching documentaries or a good movie, reading the odd book, gardening and cooking (I try to eat as healthy as possible but do have a weakness for mouldy cheese with a glass of port, the odd pint of warm flat real ale, & plain chocolate!).
I love to travel and have visited over 30 different countries such as Canada, the States, the Caribbean, Australia, India, South Africa and many parts of Europe and still want to visit more!
I enjoy listening to all kinds of music from classic rock, heavy metal, reggae, jazz, r&b, punk, goth, dance, pop, house & even opera!. I enjoy days or evenings out going to concerts/opera/horse racing, playing snooker and the occasional beer festival!
I am a host who is at home most of the time night and day so I am nearly always around if you need me! Hence I would be able to greet you in person when you first arrive at my front door or I am more than happy to meet you at my local station if it's easier!
I have a fairly good knowledge of London so if there is anything that I can do to make your stay as stress free and enjoyable as possible then please ask me!
I also love meeting new people and airbnb is a great way to meet people from all over the world!!
The 5 things I would struggle to live without in no particular order are:
1 - My ipod
2 - Curry
3 - Stilton Cheese
4 - Marmite
5 - Real Ale