Ou place is close to the beach, restaurants and dining, family-friendly activities, and nightlife, is great for couples, business travelers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets).
Oceanfront. Love the romance of cottages that have been home to generation after generation? Seems like your family has grown enough to fill a small hotel? Welcome to the Crawford Cottage, where historic charm and spacious modern living co-exist in harmony.
The original 1940’s oceanfront 4-bedroom house is connected by covered walkway to an exquisite, modern, 9-bedroom house. Natural wood throughout ties the buildings together and puts out a warm glow, inviting you to savor your time with family and friends. Sited on over an acre of oceanfront property, the Crawford Cottage is an anomaly in Nags Head; there are over 10,000 sq ft of living space and, best of all, over 2,700 sq ft of sundecks, covered decks and porches.
Guests will be given full access to the home. The 4 bedroom home may be available to rent as well, for 1/3 your daily charge.
You will be given a keyless entry code before arrival. I will likely be out of town, if not in the 4 bedroom section but you will have information and access to Dan and my management team.
Our 4 bedroom cottage addition may be available if looking for your group to spread out. The charge would be an additional 1/3 of the 9 bedroom rent. Both have separate private spaces, their own private dune top deck and walks to the beach.
Thank you for your interest!
Our Crawford Cottage is for the enjoyment of Family groups of all ages or Adults over 25.
We have a more detailed list of information and requests to assist with the smooth running of your vacation and requests before check out.
Here's what I send to my guests:
Please read and make sure all responsible parties in your group read the following information which I send to all my guests:
I would also ask that you save this information for your trip.
You will be contacted by Resort Realty with a keyless entry. Please call my manager, Dan first to get assistance, should you need it, at (phone number to be provided) Resort Realty is also available to offer backup support should you need assistance, in case Dan or I can’t be reached.
ARRIVAL TIME IS 4:00 pm, SATURDAY. however, for your convenience, AFTER 1:00 pm, we can welcome you to the Top Floor of 9 bedroom section of home, ONLY, by entering from stairs to the front door, then stairs to top floor. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER or walk ANYWHERE ELSE inside since our cleaners will be working hard to prepare for your visit.
I do want to say that our ariel photos construction do not show the fact that we now have attractive, newly constructed homes on each side of the property.
BTW, be sure to have your group study the Floor Plan Tour” or virtual tour to get familiar to the layout. I’ve been told it’s easy to get lost at our spacious Crawford Cottage:)
During your stay, we ask that you respect our home as you would your own, and follow these particular requests:
Our List of Dos and Don'ts:
* Do not smoke indoors and discard cigarettes in the sand buckets outdoors.
* Do not walk on the dunes. They are fragile yet our only protection from an angry ocean.
* Do not drag furniture on the wood floor or get it wet, but if it does, please dry it quickly, especially on the stairs coming from pool.
* Please keep voices and music down when outside of the building, especially late at night.
* FYI, a great place to put most of your coolers are on the various decks and porches, not inside. The top floor side porch is ideal and we have a very large cooler there for your use.
* If any furniture is moved, take care not to scratch the floors. (Do not drag coolers or luggage either)
* We know accidents happen, but If anything gets broken or damaged, please let me or Dan know soon after and before checking out so we may repair, clean or replace for our next renters in time.
* Empty all sand from swimsuits before getting in the shower and before putting them in the washing machine.
* Beware of cactus. In most cases, they are the devil to pull out, painful too.
* No fireworks anywhere on or near the house or dune (our dune catches on fire easily, as would our house!)
* No jumping from balcony or roof into the pool. (Sorry but our house will not accommodate dare Devils. This will be grounds for eviction)
* If we've agreed on a pet, please make sure of total cleanup before checking out.
* Take care to bring Trash and Recycling to the curb
And please, before you leave, here are our requests which may seem excessive but our cleaners work very hard to get everything ready in time for next group.
I'll ask of your group to;
* Put furniture and any items back in original place, careful not to slide on our wood floor.
* Let me know of any damages asap so we can make repairs before our next guests.
* Pick up any debris left on porch and outside
* Empty all trashcans into garbage containers
* If using the large cooler, please empty and clean it for the next guests.
* Bundle used towels and leave in bathroom of each bedroom.
* Empty the entire contents of the refrigerator and pantry items you brought (only unused food items may be left for the next guest)
* Wash all silverware, dishes, pots, pans and containers and put them in original place.
* Put away all silverware, dishes, pots, pans and containers in their place.
* Take all garbage and recycling to the curb. They pick up on Tuesdays.
* Leave keys where you found them.
* Check out time is promptly @ 10:00 am (unless otherwise arranged)
* Travel safely and allow extra time for traffic leaving beach.
TRASH PICKUPs : TUESDAY & SATURDAY
RECYCLE PICKUP : TUESDAY
You may be interested in our “EXTRAS” as an A La Cart service for your group. Please check them out on our website! Just click on “Extras"
We sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay - CC is a special place because you, our guest makes it so. Our home is yours for this time and we hope you will enjoy the memories created here too. If I may assist you in any way with recommendations on restaurants, shops, nature walks or activities, please let me know.
Travel safely and I hope you will be back soon, even make this an annual gathering place for your group!
And please let me know if you have any further questions or requests.
With warm regards,
Maria Crawford and Family,
Crawford Cottage Address, S Va Dare Trail, Nags Head (no mail received there)
Owner, Maria @ ___
Owner's assistant, Dan Osman @ ___
Follow us on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)!