Entire home with private parking, private sunbathing deck, private dining patio, wifi, laundry, etc.
This home is one of the bungalows built by Paramount Studios in the 1920s to house their cast and crew members. It is ridiculously cute and very private, set far back from its residential street and surrounded by a 360-degree seven-foot wooden fence. The enclosed, private brick patio features a 35-foot tall Queen Palm tree.
Its central location makes it a close drive to almost everything: 5 minutes to Hollywood clubs/sites, 10 minutes to Universal City Walk, 15 to downtown LA, and less than 45 to the beaches.
Amenities: private parking spot(!!!), full kitchen including additional wine fridge, flat-screen TV with DVD and VHS, WiFi, indoor/outdoor speakers wired to powerful system with easy iPod/iPhone plug-in, large shower with three shower heads, sliding glass door to small sunbathing deck, two window AC units, washer/dryer, charcoal grill, queen bed, upright piano, ample closet space. As of March 2012, it is also solar-powered! Additional fold-out/rollaway twin bed also available upon request.
To be crystal clear (since I get this question a lot): IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR HOUSE. I do not live there. You are not sharing it with anyone else.
Considerable pricing discounts are automatically applied to any reservation request of seven days or more.
*****And finally, a note for film producers*****: I am willing to rent out my house as a shooting location, but with several conditions and caveats...
1. The rate is higher than a normal renter: $235/night with a three-night minimum. There is also a refundable security deposit, which I reserve the right to vary depending on the size of the cast/crew, the length of the shoot, and the age/experience of the producer and director (ie, whether it's a student film or a production company).
2. Check-out times, while generally flexible, are nonetheless the same as a normal renter. This means that if you're shooting until 5pm on day #3, then you'll need to pay for night #4, as I can't have another renter moving in at 8pm after the three hours it takes me to clean in between.
3. Shooting may only take place from 8AM to 8PM, or during daylight hours - whichever is longer.
4. No grip truck. Period.
5. Cast & crew must total fewer than 15 people each day.
6. You must provide a certificate of insurance, with industry standard minimum coverages, naming me as "additionally insured."
...if you're cool with all of that, then I'm happy to discuss it as a location (for which it has served three productions thus far without major incident).
The entire house is yours. You share with no one. The private parking space is yours. Private sunbathing deck, private brick patio with ample seating and dining area, indoor/outdoor speakers, wifi, laundry, etc. If you close the gate door, you won't see another soul.
I'm available if you need me, but otherwise you'll never see me after you check in.
I ask that smoking only occur outside (where there is plenty of room to relax comfortably) and that butts not be left on the ground. That's about it.
AirBNB says that "top listings" have more than 50 words in this section, so here's a few more words. But really, I don't have any other house rules except Don't do ridiculous/destructive/uncool stuff that you wouldn't do in your own home or your friend's place. Thanks!