This 2-story vacation home in the beautiful Endless Mts. is centrally located just 4 miles south of Dushore on what is known locally as 'Ringer Hill'. Part of the original 1850 homestead of Julius Lusch, this cozy home is privately situated on 6 acres and within a short drive of Worlds End State Park, Eagles Mere, the Loyalsock Trail (hiking to the Haystacks) and Ricketts Glen State Park. The area boasts great fishing in the big and little Loyalsock Creeks as well as some picturesque swimming holes in the big Loyalsock, countless hiking trails and just the simple beauty of nature which surrounds you wherever you go. This is truly a getaway meant for relaxing!
In the home you will find 3 bedrooms (1 queen, 1 full, 2 twins) and 2 baths which allow plenty of room to accommodate 6 guests with all linens provided. (One bedrm & bath on first floor). The open floor plan of the living room & dining room features the warmth and ambience of a beautiful cast iron gas stove with 3-sided fire view, while the flat screen tv with satellite service & DVD player in the living room provides evening entertainment. The fully equipped kitchen offers a gas range, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven and coffee maker, and a comprehensive selection of cooking spices for your use. The entry mud room is large enough to store boots, coats and sporting equipment and has a washer & dryer for added convenience. There is also a sunny three-season room with comfortable seating as well as a table & chairs for games or meals. Relax on the decks at both the front and the back of the house or around the firepit in the spacious back yard. Please, no pets and no smoking.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
8.Entry: Is thru the back door/mud room.
9.Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
10. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
11. Guests must be age 21 yr's or older unless accompanied by a parent.
My Mom's family originally came from Germany and homesteaded this property in 1850. She was raised on this farm, married and raised 7 children( I was #4) on this same farm. After my father died in 1975, she was not able to keep the farm and it was sold in 1980. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy most of it back in 2001. With our kids grown and off to college, my wife and I moved back in 2008, we tore down the original farm house and rebuilt it in the same image. I've since retired in 2011. This particular property is across the street from the "Homestead" and was built 30 yr's ago. My wife and I were able to acquire this home in February of 2012 and we have spent the last 5 months, working full time renovating and decorating. We are now very happy and pleased to share this home and this area with our guests. Even though I moved off to college in 1974 and lived all around the US I always knew I wanted to return. The beauty, pace and quality of life is hard to match. I recommend you try it out !! I think you would agree !!