The Lodge is very spacious, comfortable, and well-equipped for your stay. There is DISH sattelite service for the tv, WINDOW AC units on first and second floors (Not central air) as well as ceiling fans to deal with the summer heat. There is a minimal "To Do List" for checking out which involves removing sheets from the beds, taking dirty linens to laundry area, taking out trash, etc. This prepares the way for our cleaning staff to ready the home for the next guests.
Space and comfort to match the great outdoors. This 5 bedroom and 3 1/2 bath home has very large spaces(bedrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen and great outdoor spaces( 2 covered decks/porches, a master bedroom balcony and 4 private acres of land to relax on). The private setting is perfect for the ultimate in peace and relaxation while also being centrally located within Sullivan county and all it has to offer.
Sullivan County is officially known as the 'Gem of the Endless Mountains". It is slightly populated(6,000 year round residents) with mountainous terrain, lakes and streams. There are many State parks for swimming, hiking and picnicking and State Game lands for hunting. The high altitude(2,400 ft) and being heavily forested offers natural mountain air conditioning, even on the hottest of days. Once the sun sets you can feel the coolness return to the air for the nightly campfire and then a comfortable nights sleep.
The lakes and streams are mountain spring fed year round and are excellent for swimming, kayaking(spring), and fishing. Of course antiquing and craft stores are found throughout the county. A recent development are 4 wineries that have sprung up on the local mountainsides and are ready to host those interested in wine tastings.
You have access to the whole house and 4 acres of land. You can also inquire about hiking on the 200 acre property across the road.
Don't hesitate to call John's cell ph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) if you have any questions or concerns.
1) Call us((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) on the day of arrival and give us an approximate arrival time.
2) Enjoy your time at "The Lodge" and DO NOT hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns.
3) Check out is 11 A.M.. Please read and follow the checkout instructions to help assist us with the next guests.
0. All guests must be 21 yr's of age or older unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
8.Entry: Is thru the back door/mud room.
9.Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
10. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.