Live like a local. Make yourself at home in one of Tushar Atre's gorgeous rentals. Stay awhile (30-day minimum)! Our meticulously remodeled 1918 Craftsman-style home is just 1.5 blocks from the best part of Portland's Alberta Arts District on a cozy residential street. Vintage P-Town!
It's unique to find a long-term rental, fully furnished, in the absolute best location of the NE Alberta area at this price. Let us know if you have any special needs. We're very accommodating.
This is the main home (ground & upstairs) - classic, clean, spacious interior and layout. For reference, downstairs Unit B: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6571833.
From the front porch, the entryway rooms run deep and bright, with walls of many windows from the living room through the dining area. Soak in the natural light. It can brighten a grey day. Enjoy the Craftsman highlights:
Our ground floor bedroom has built-in cabinetry and wood molding, hand-crafted details from days of yore. The adjacent bathroom has another classic: a traditional clawfoot tub! with shower. The heart of the home, the kitchen, has it all, whether cooking or take-out is your style. The back door takes you to our little green plot. Fenced in for you to enjoy the quietude of the neighborhood in private.
A short stair climb brings you up to the master suite and kids bedroom. The roomy master bath has a jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and a double sink. Bonus spaces include a small sunroom off the master bath that may be used as you wish (storage space, yoga/meditation zone?!) and a dormer balcony accessed from the master bedroom french doors and from the kids room (single door).
Last but not least: the washer and dryer lives at subterranean level and is shared with the downstairs unit guest(s), if occupied.
The ground floor, upstairs, and backyard is all yours. In the basement, you will only have access to the washer and dryer units, which is shared with any of the downstairs Airbnb unit guests.
Parking: Please park in the driveway or in front of the house.
The hosts won't be at the property. You'll have privacy in the main house. You'll use the main entrance. As noted above, the washer and dryer are in a common area that is shared with the downstairs guests.
High speed, reliable internet included.
Please read house rules for your stay to ensure it is of the best quality!
House rules // check in:
1. First and foremost, ENJOY YOUR STAY!
2. Please make sure you know how all things work and check that they are in working order, including: door locks, shower, appliances, and WiFi.
3. Please ensure that any plates, glasses, and silverware you will be using are indeed usable.
4. Make sure all lights are working and not burnt out.
5. Make sure furniture and bedding is clean and tidy.
6. If anything is broken, please notify the house manager immediately.
7. Please try to park in driveway or directly in front of the house.
House rules // during your stay:
1. If anything breaks, please notify house manager immediately.
2. Always clean up after yourself. Please treat the house as your own. Leave no trace! On that note…
3. Well-behaved pets are a-okay with us, but:
3a. Please maintain clean-up of pet waste daily.
3b. Never leave your amazing four-legged companion alone in the house or yard, unless they’re comfortable and quiet in a crate you’ve brought along.
3c. Please deep clean once monthly (at least) or hire professionals to do the job.
4. Please place garbage cans at the side of the road on Tuesday nights.
5. Please help us keep all walkways and stairwells clear and safe: eg, sweep away leaves from a squall; or snow that falls – fortunately, we’re more of a ‘40 inches of the wet stuff per year’ city!
6. Please clean up any excessive mess: eg, grease on the stove or sticky material that may cause damage.
7. Please keep laundry room clean and usable for all guests.
8. No excessive noise and please tone it all the way down after 10:00pm.
9. No parties.
10. No smoking of any kind in the house!
12. Be a good neighbor.
House rules // check out:
1. Before you leave, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d please strip all beds.
2. If you would also please run the dishwasher, you are awesome!
3. Please discard all food that you don’t think will be reused by another guest.
4. Please clean up all messes.
5. Please replace any furniture that was rearranged.
6. Please double-check that the yard is clear of pet waste.
7. Please lock the back and front doors.
8. THANK YOU!
Hey there, kind travelers!
If you're visiting any of the following locations, I've got the spots for you! I set them up just how I like them personally. You will like.
Santa Cruz: If you love surfing, aspire to surf, or love hanging by the beach, then please visit my lovely Pleasure Point (east side Santa Cruz) beach bungalows. There's two legal units on the same property with a sweet back yard and hot tub, and it's just a block from the water on 38th Ave. You can walk up the point to the following surf breaks: Rockview, Sewers, 1st Peak, or 2nd Peak. Those waves alone could take a lifetime to explore. 38th Ave. gets really good on a south swell and in general it's a great wave for beginners. There's stairs down to a sandy beach (except at high tide when it might get a little sketchy), and you can watch your waterborne compatriots from the sandstone cliff. There's a sweet spot on the cliff where dogs (and people) mingle. Down coast you have The Hook and Sharks. It's just a quick walk - like 5 minutes. The Hook is a world class break. Incredible. Don't worry about the name Sharks. There's little leopard sharks and smooth hound sharks, but no white sharks inside the kelp beds. There's a great little commercial area at the end of 41st Ave. which is 5 minutes walking in the other direction, and you can get your burritos, chinese food, sushi, burgers, pizza, ice cream and of course delectable coffee (Verve Coffee), to name a few. There are 5 surf shops, a great bike shop and really, anything you could want, all within walking distance. I love Santa Cruz so much. I'll end up there. It's a dream come true.
Portland: NE Alberta Ave. is the best. Craftsman homes have been remodeled carefully. I've got 2 of them up there, and one of the homes has two legal units. I do monthly Airbnb rentals. There's the seasons, the culture, and did I mention the food? Everything within walking distance. The neighborhood (fantastic) used to be mostly black, and now there's hippies walking goats around. Diversity rules. You'll find yoga, breakfast spots, fine wine, restaurants with ratings, dive breakfast spots, drinks, food trucks, beautiful art, coffee, juice bars, and anything else you could want. Easy access to downtown. You'll have a blast!
San Francisco: OK, so the SF spot is super duper. It's a penthouse on Potrero Hill. You just have to see it to believe it. The view leaves me speechless every time I'm there, and the decor is ultra modern. Wow.
Los Gatos: Ahh, the burbs. Los Gatos is the last town in Silicon Valley before you head over the hill to Santa Cruz. I love it. The home was built in 1895 (not a typo!) and it's in an old part of town with tree lined streets. Take a 5 minute walk into downtown; it's idyllic. Great shops, restaurants, galleries, and amazing people! Families or business travelers, come one and all. If you're working at Netflix or Apple or any of the nearby tech stars, then ditch the hotel and do something fun. Live like a local. You'll learn so much! In the summer, there are world class camps for the kids.
And a bit about me:
I'm a maker at heart, and I love to remodel homes. I own a B2B web marketing agency serving Silicon Valley tech companies. I've been running it since 1996. I currently have 7 Airbnb listings. I treat my guests well, and I love their stories. Tell me about you! I'm all ears.