This modern, new, one bedroom apt is centrally located in inner NE Portland. Easy to walk, drive, or take public transit to any local PDX hotspot.
Free wifi, full kitchen w/appliances, bath with washer/dryer, and clean, comfy living await!
The beauty of this space is that it's brand new and you have your own full apartment that is located so close to everything you could want. Quick walk to the hot Williams neighborhood? Coffee or breakfast just around the corner? Farmer's Market visit within a short drive or bike ride? Check!
As I've had one guest write a review on the wifi connection, I've checked it thoroughly and all seems to be working very well. If you have issues while you're at the apartment, please let me know! I can't fix it if I don't know about it :-)
While the space can most comfortably fit 2 people, there is a sofa in the living room that flips to a bed that can accommodate an additional 1-2 people if you're looking to travel with friends.
Lots of options here:
1) Use the laundry in your private bathroom to wash those clothes that got dirty from your adventures hiking, biking, kayaking or exploring the Coast - let's talk if you need safe storage space for your bike or kayak!
2) If you're looking to save money or have a relaxing dinner at home, take a short walk to New Seasons or a short drive to Whole Foods and make full use of the kitchen with fridge, stove, and dishwasher
3) Use the fridge for storing leftovers from some of the most delicious restaurants all within walking distance: Bridges Cafe (just around the corner!), Twenty-Six Cafe, Ox, Tasty n' Sons, or Toro Bravo
4) Here on business travel? Have all the comforts of home rather than the ho-hum decor and vibe of the average hotel
5) I share a private walkway with my fantastic neighbors (who rent out a similar layout to this one, so if you’re traveling with a larger group, maybe you can book both apartments) – there’s some bistro seating for dining al fresco.
6) There is a Smart TV that's connected to wifi, but I do NOT have cable for the apartment (or myself). The Smart TV has access to Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Amazon Prime, etc. (using your own account log-in information) if you should need some downtime while you're in Portland.
The apartment is fully and privately yours while you're here. It has a long, street-level walkway leading to the entrance that is set far back away from the actual street. This cute little spot has a small bistro seating area that is shared with the neighbors across the way.
If you should need items that need to be re-stocked, I'm a quick text away. I want you to have a fun, happy, and comfortable stay.
Since my house is right upstairs from the apartment, we may have the opportunity to see each other come and go. I likely won't be around to greet you for your arrival and I'll stay out of your space so you have plenty of privacy. Having said that, I'm happy to answer any questions about exploring Portland and the surrounding areas (especially the outdoors!). Shoot me a message! (edit: in Feb through mid-December 2017 I will be on an assignment overseas. I have a company called Guesty managing the apartment, and my friend/roommate as well as friend/neighbor will be nearby to handle any onsite emergencies. Please accept my apology for any delays in response time personally as there is a time zone difference).
As mentioned, the apartment is beneath my home and although the construction is solid and new, you could hear the occasional goings on above (like the pitter patter of Charlie Brown, my pup, my roommate and our friends, or just me living life). This is important information to consider if you are sensitive to sound. Hope that helps!
The City of Portland requires a permit to host on Airbnb. Please note Portland hosts with permits are required to keep a guest log. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)-HO
In general my thought is this: treat this space as your own home (just as I do when I'm traveling with Airbnb hosts). I ask for the following:
1) Quiet hours from 10pm-6am
2) Absolutely NO SMOKING. At all. Nowhere.
3) While you're here, please make sure to lock up if you're not home.
4) No parties or gatherings, please.
5) No pets.
6) When you leave, please throw all dishes in the dishwasher and start the linens/bedding in the laundry (and please be respectful with your towels and linen usage - use one set per person).
This allows us to have a quick turnaround time and work to allow for early check-in when possible. If there are linens/towels in the dryer, they are clean - it just means the guests before you didn't do the above and we apologize truly for the inconvenience.
7) If rainy or muddy from fun hikes, please remove your shoes :)
8) Early arrival/late departure: I can absolutely appreciate early arrivals and late departures and the need to find a place to tuck your belongings. I like to treat my cleaning crew with the utmost respect and leave them with an empty apartment to do their best cleaning possible. Having said that, you have a few options: A) Check out the airport or train station for storage options (this is what I do when I travel). B) Leave your luggage on my porch and under the bench as out of sight as possible, or C) Leave it in the cove at the corner of my garage and driveway. These last two options are at your own choosing and I'm simply giving options - as mentioned, I always go with a luggage storage facility when traveling.
Hi, I'm Amy and I work in leadership development, love being outside, exploring Pinterest ideas, and hanging with my dog Charlie Brown.
I make a respectful, quiet, and personable guest and host. When I travel I take care of myself fully but welcome advice on local travel, food/restaurants, destinations, etc. I also look for a more personal experience when staying with hosts and enjoy sharing a meal or coffee and exchanging stories and experiences. I had a phenomenal trip to Spain in 2014, staying entirely with Airbnb hosts...I was hooked, and had to give hosting a try!
As a host, I am quiet and low-key, and happy to interact when you have questions or need Portland advice. I want you to have the most fantastic experience possible and absolutely welcome your feedback to anything that could make it better.