Our residence is located in the heart of the historic center of Gemona.
It has ancient origins that are lost in time.
The price includes a rich breakfast of fresh fruit, tea, coffee, milk, yogurth, biscuits, bread and jam, and homemade cakes.
In the ancient hamlet of Gemona, close to the Glemine and Chiampon Mountains, and within Palazzo Elti (14th-15th century), rises this ancient inn, which was awarded in 2007 as one of the best historic places in Friuli Venezia Giulia.
We like the old way ... and our choices are reflected in the furnishings of the rooms. Do you prefer the Biedermeier room, the Empire room, Louis XVI room, or the bed where the Carducci poet has slept? To you the choice.
Ten things to do at least once in life in Gemona and surroundings:
1) a walk in the mountain cottage, where you find a unique flora, fresh daily ricotta and cheese, coffee, cranberry tart;
2) in the summer, a bathroom in the nearby Palar River with crystal clear waters and waterfalls (you will not believe in your eyes);
3) a small excursion with picnic to Sella Sant'Agnese, especially in winter, for light;
4) climb to the top of Quarnan where you will see the spark of the sea;
5) for the daring, ascension to Mount Cjampòn;
Go biking to Cavazzo Lake, or follow the Rio Ledra of Buja, or get lost while chasing a castle on the horizon, or ...;
6) Watch every minute of the dusk, in Piazza: you will understand what the pink Tiepolo is;
7) "dongje al fogolar", sipping a refusal, asking for a bit of polenta and frico, a risotto with sclopit, lasagne with the ricotta smoked;
9) from here, go on a trip to the sea or the Dolomites, or to the countryside;
10) if it rains, take refuge in Cineteca ...
Anyway, you will come back.
Shared spaces are visible in photos: terraces , guest lounge, breakfast room, music room.
Large breakfastincluded: fresh fruit, tea, coffee, milk, yogurth, biscuits, bread and jam, and homemade cakes.