B&B Al Salvatore is a country house situated on a small plateau overlooking the sea, just minutes from the center of Lipari, one of the most beautiful island in the Mediterranean, rich in both nature and history, a true jewel of the Aeolian archipelago.
The 'archipelago, home to ancient civilizations, is the ideal destination for those who want to enjoy a temperate climate and more beautiful and attractive places.
Recently opened and in a new construction, the house takes the strictly rural Aeolian architecture, with the "loggia" supported by "pulera" columns, spacious terraces, rooms furnished with attention to tradition make for pleasant hospitality in a family dimension.
The colors of the rooms are inspired by those of the surrounding natural elements, the true wealth of the B&B Al Salvatore: the sea, the soil, the sky, the flowers ... enhanced by the scent of jasmine and Pomelia coming from the rocky garden.
B&B Al Salvatore has three double rooms with possibility of extra bed, in a cool and ventilated space.
The family furniture is back to life giving the right touch of lived life.
Every detail is looked after by the hosts, Marcello and Paola, deep and passionate connoisseur of the place, the one for being born there, the other for having "married" it.
All rooms open directly onto the "baglio", typical open area of the Aeolian country house.
Here, the sunrises and sunsets, blend with the rhythms of nature and ancient campaigning activities provide the fruits of the earth, the wood oven bread, preserves the hostess ...
Everything arrives on the table of the fragrant breakfast on the terrace, overlooking the bay of Lipari.
Guests at the B&B Al Salvatore can choose from freshly baked or "caliato" bread with home made jam and marmelade, cakes, tarts and savory pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, coffee, tea ...
Thanks to its wide open spaces, the house is available for organizing courses and holidays for most people, with the possible involvement of other accommodations.
The family atmosphere, a bit rural and remote from the city traffic, allowing extensive relaxation, thanks to the traditional hospitality of the islands and the initiative of hosts.
The frame table is available to create simple weaven objects, with Paola's suggestions.
The center of Lipari lies within three kilometers of road, traveled by an hourly shuttle bus, which stops 200 meters from the B&B Al Salvatore. The old road, once the trail, you walk down into town in 20 minutes.
Suggestive, a footpath from the house leads to an exclusive beach (Praia Ferrante) bathed in the sea, surrounded by clumps of flowering gorse, prickly flowers and capers.
In the evening, upon the solar terrace of the house, you can touch the stars. As the nights are warm and filled with the smell of jasmine, the sky, encrusted with thousands of little lights, under Marcello's guidance, invites to study the stars and the movements of the planets.
Scenic trails allow hiking and trekking up to the most exclusive beaches and the mountains of the island. A few steps from the house, there is the "Traffic Light", today a volcanological observatory, which offers one of the most extraordinary views of the Aeolian Islands, overlooking the canal of Vulcan and thr coast of Sicily.
Paola and Marcello in a thousand ways, able to convey the charm of the island by bringing in guests who share a unique eye and heart.
Prices and services
• € 17,50 per kid from 5 years to 12 years old (50%)
• Children under 5 years no fee
• doors onto the terrace with a beam-zone reserved for life outside
• washing machine (fee)
• Each room has private bathroom with shower or bath
• Outdoor hot shower in the garden
• 10% discount for stays of at least one week
• Free shuttle service on arrival and departure
• Convention of confidence for rental scooters, cars, boats and rafts
• Conventions guides, excursions, trekking
• Pets accepted
• It is available to guests an outdoor kitchen with barbeque
- The philosophy of the house is for a sustainable hospitality, with the use of renewable energy and natural resources
- Water is a precious commodity, even more in the islands, attention to saving it is welcome
- Use of solar water heating
- The rooms are cleaned daily, linen change on request
- Please smoke only in open places
- They offer organic produce from the kitchen garden
- Bread, cakes, pies, jams and preserves homemade products
- La filosofia della casa è per una ospitalità sostenibile, con l'utilizzo delle fonti energetiche rinnovabili e delle risorse naturali
- L'acqua è un bene prezioso, nelle isole ancora di più, è gradita l'attenzione al risparmio
- Utilizzo del solare per il riscaldamento dell'acqua sanitaria
- La pulizia delle camere è giornaliera, cambio biancheria a richiesta
- Si prega di fumare solo nei luoghi aperti
- Vengono offerti prodotti biologici dell'orto
- Pane, torte, focacce, marmellate e conserve prodotti in casa
Paola is graduated in Stage Design at the Academy of Fine Arts, green thumb expert, lover of many types of plants that I grow in my garden, expert in hand-loom weaving, cooking expert for natural products, bread with yeast, expert in pottery also raku.
Marcello is Lecturer at the Pegaso Online University (Italy); eLearning specialist, CEO at TECOM Multimedia Ltd ( an eLearning specialised SME developing virtual eLearning environments, contents and online services. Astronomer, expert in meteorology for which he took a course at the Italian Air Force, a keen sailor and skipper with experience in offshore races; photographer, videomaker and film director. Tourism expert and projects mentor for development of tourism in small Italian islands.