The Historic Lodge, Boatshed , Cottage & unique “Glamping” units - Gypsy Caravans, Safari tents, Treehouse & Boatcabin are set in 2 acres of creative, tropical, water-front gardens, rich in bird life - Enjoy nature on the river, in stylish comfort!
Pagoda Lodge is a 1930's hardwood building with heaps of character.
The sweeping, golden Pagoda Roof and the history of Imperial Chinese treasures inspired us to decorate the Lodge with a touch of Asia-Pacific and an historical "expatriate" flavour. Imagine being an expatriate China hand in the 30's!
There are distinctive baskets, weavings, paintings, textiles and wall hangings. The often antique furniture and old travel trunks tell their own story and have been blended with interesting Pacific and Maori decor.
The beds, however, are modern and comfortable and there is satellite TV in most units.
Rate is for 2 people
Sleeps up to 5
Large Family Flat with toilet & shower, full kitchen, large living room, two bedrooms (one with queen bed & other with double bed). Lounge has a single, pull out bed. Deck views of park, gardens & Heritage sites. Tasteful Pacific decor & polished hardwood floors.
3 Phase Power Outlet
Bed Linen Provided
Heated Towel Rail
Internet access (wireless) - free of charge
Queen Size Bed
Radio Alarm Clock
Tea & Coffee Supplies
Large, central water view deck complete with marquee and with café style seating for large groups, BBQ and Gazebo. We have our own Jetty and pontoon, ideal for swimming and Kayaks for hire.
Only the lower Boat shed is off-limits to children.
Some guests like privacy, while others like interaction and guidance on local attractions and events. We are happy to help when asked.
The Pagoda Lodge Estate comprises 2 acres of gardens and mature trees. There are creative, multi-tiered grounds offering many private and tranquil spaces. There is a gentle flowing river and wide views to the Inlet and adjacent, large Historic Pa Site. As such, we have plentiful and varied bird-life. Please respect our wildlife and do not feed the ducks.
The river is a fish reserve, so no fishing allowed. No children in the old boat shed (lower level) and no swimming without supervision of parents.
1. No smoking
2. Please wash, dry and put away all plates and kitchenware after each meal
3. Please put all sweet things in the fridge as we are subtropical & can get ants or bugs
4. Please leave screened windows open for good air circulation
5. Please dispose of sanitary items in bins provided (not in the toilet)
6. If you are staying a few days, please take trash and recycle items to the disposal area (back of central block) to avoid ants etc. as we have a subtropical climate
7. Please supervise children if swimming or kayaking in the river
8. For Satellite TV, please go to the AV channel and use channel adjuster on modem
9. Only drink from the filter tap
The owners, Kathy and Stephen Frewen, spent more than 20 years in Asia and were immediately drawn to the harmonious balance of “earth, wind and water”. The pagoda roofs, the variety of rare and mature trees, the tranquil river and the abundant bird life all create a certain magic, now enhanced by the serene Buddhas from Borobudur.