Private and separate 1bd/1ba cottage with own entrance, comfy bed, washer/dryer, and amenities. No TV, no kitchen, but great wifi. Located next to quiet neighbors in a quiet neighborhood, so this is great for peace and quiet.
- 5 min walk to downtown and Caltrain
- 25mbps wifi
- Full shower
- Access to outdoor garden patio
Perfect for business traveler or a couple. The bedroom is 12' x 12', so there is not room for another person on the floor (sorry).
Here's How it Works:
1) Upon booking, we'll arrange for a key to be shared.
2) No real need for a car with proximity to public transit/uber/trails, but if you drive, park your car on the street in front of the property or as close to it as possible.
3) To get to the Cottage, go through the gate at the end of the driveway and follow the path back to the cottage.
4) We can provide advice for food, transportation, and local highlights. Also see (URL HIDDEN) for places close by.
About the Cottage: This is a studio room with a queen-size pillow-top mattress, clean sheets and duvet cover. It includes closet space, fresh linens, coffee maker and coffee, and includes toiletries like soaps, shampoo, and a hairdryer.
Who We Host: From developers and business travelers to couples visiting family - we accommodate anyone who need a comfortable and quiet place to stay. We welcome guests from all over the world and enjoy hosting people who are up to amazing things.
Happy Guests: The Cottage is cozy and quiet with everything you need for a good night sleep. The backyard is a nice garden with comfortable patio furniture for relaxing during the day.
• Utilities are included and the WIFI is fast!
• AC unit and fan available (though rarely used).
• Fresh linens/bedding/towels are provided.
• Keurig coffee machine and coffee.
• Full access to laundry facilities included.
• Iron, ironing board and hairdryer available.
• Access to the patio during the day for your enjoyment.
FOR SUMMER MONTHS: We include a portable AC unit to keep the cottage cool during the day. Temperatures cool off at night so guests only need an open window. A fan is also provided. If AC is preferred, there is a remote and it is quiet, though earplugs are in the drawer if needed.
We give our guests their privacy, but are happy to visit when home.
Best Way to Reach Me
1) Complete your Airbnb profile with an ID/Passport and connect your social networks.
2) Include one line about your purpose of visit.
3) The calendar is up to date. All requests for bookings are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
A cat is on the property, but he's elderly and stays inside and not likely to bother guests.
Quiet after 10pm.
No business events.
No more than 2 people to stay (including kids).
I'm a father of two amazing kids and married to their incredible mom. Was born in Canada, but grew up in Texas, so I am from two foreign countries.
Work story: I'm a design manager at a Bay Area startup. I travel a bit for work, which has taken me to some pretty amazing places - Jerusalem, Korea, Paris, Munich, Taiwan. I try to see as much as I can when I'm there. I've also been to Mongolia, though not for work.
On the personal side, I usually try to hear local music when I travel. I was a radio DJ in college and still keep up with the latest. I try to use airbnb when I can b/c it is in line with my values around sustainability. The last book I read was The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. Love the movie Brazil.
More relevant, I'm friendly, considerate, clean, and quiet. Cheers.