If your looking for easy a trendy and unique neighborhood to stay in, this is it! Right in the Lower East Side, Manhattan you'll see street art, coffee shops, eclectic bars and excitement all around!
Great place to stay for one person. Neighborhood is young crowd, easy access to every amenities, coffee shops, convenient stores, supermarkets, farmers market, subway, bars, clubs.
DISCLAIMER: please note that this is a shared space and small. I live in a one bedroom apartment and have had the living space installed with a twin-sized day bed that expands in two twin size beds. It is not a private room.
I would say this is ideal for someone needs in a place to stay, is sociable and has the desire to explore the world around them! The actual apartment is 760 sq ft and has newly been renovated, along with newly purchased furniture. I do have an open wardrobe and storage space available near the daybed for guests.
Please also note that I do live within a residential area and thus do have neighbors. The building itself was built post-war and does not have thick walls. While the bedroom doesn't usually have a lot of sound, the living/kitchen rooms are directly connected to other apartments. So if you are sensitive to sounds, I suggest trying to locate another Airbnb (no hard feelings)! :)
Aside from the standard: Coffee Shops, Amazing Restaurants, Convenient Stores, Supermarkets, Farmers Market, Museums, Subway Stations, Bars, quite a collection of Speakeasy's, Clubs, Comedy Clubs, and Parks . . .
Guests also have access to:
-Fresh linen/ towels
-Hair Dryer/ All bathroom toiletries
-Fully functional kitchen with cookware
-Iron and ironing board
- If you need more time to check in or out, or to extend your stay I'm very flexible and will do my best to accommodate your schedule! Please be sure to notify me when you'll be needing the keys to the apartment, and I'll be sure to set up a pickup and drop-off time at the nearby City Copilot, located at 166 Allen St New York, NY 10002. Here you'll be able to come in anytime on the day you'll be checking in and pick up the keys and drop them off at the same location, on the day of your checkout.
- Please also note that there is NO elevator/lift. This (like many NY apartments) is a walk-up. You'll need to be able to walk-up 3 floors. (But think of all that exercise you'll get!)
I want to take the opportunity to get to know you! This is my chance to get to hear some great stories! Since this is a one bedroom apartment, and the living area has the daybed to house up to 2 guests, I will be staying in the main bedroom.
But for most of the day I'm away at work and I typically try get out of the house during the weekends! That being said, I head off work at 8 am and tend to wake up around 7 am. I try not too do much in the mornings, perfecting to make lunch the night before (if any) and take breakfast on the go.
Because this is a shared space, please let me know if you have a preferences for your schedule and I will do my best to accommodate you.
The bed is twin size with lower compartment pull out into second twin bed. Both beds have memory mattresses and are very comfortable. I have sheet, towels and pillows you are able to use during your stay.
I also have a plethora of throw pillow, if that's at all interesting to you! :)
No pets or smoking allowed on premises.
For the duration of your stay, I want you to think of my home as yours! Please treat it with care!
1. Minimize noise levels on weekdays after 11pm - this is a residential building management rule.
2. No additional guests beyond those on the AirBnB agreement.
3. While we'll provide you with some starters, please be responsible for your own food and toiletries.
4. The kitchen is small, so please try to contain all your food and kitchenware when you can. Feel free to use the fridge, microwave and oven toaster.
5. Please clean up any dishes after use, once finished.
6. Clean up after yourself in the bathroom - the basics like hair in the drain, splashes on the mirror, toothpaste on the sink, etc.
7. If you're unsure whether you can use something in the apartment, please feel free to ask (either in-person or text).
8. Do not break or otherwise damage existing furniture and decor throughout the apartment - and please let me know right away if something happens!
Hello and nice to meet you!
I'm Marianna, and I've been living in NY for a little over 3 years now and I have to say, it's AMAZING!
I've met so many great people from around the world and I'd like to get to know even more. Honestly, that's why I've decided to look into hosting, I want to get to know you and your stories, straight from the source!
I live in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, and I think I fell in love with the area before even seeing my apartment! There's so much going on all the time and in New York that it's all so mind-boggling! One of my favorite things to do is travel around New York and explore different area's and get to understand the history a little bit more. Some of the things you learn along the way are really impressive.
So let me know if your interested in the space! Because I'm really excited to meet you and hear all about your travels!