This newly renovated oasis on Roberts Creek awaits your and your family's arrival! Private, quiet log house located 10 minute walk away from the beach. High ceilings, 3 bedrooms, close to the General Store and Gumboot Cafe.
Welcome to the Log House!
We have tried to make this info easy to read, so here it goes!
-completely renovated log house as of February 2016
- log house is surrounded by trees on a sunny flat lot
- open concept living and dining area
- dining table seats 6-8 people
- BBQ on outdoor deck
- outdoor dining set
- large windows
- high ceilings
- comfy couch
- gas fireplace
- two bedrooms on the main floor [one with queen size bed and another with two single beds]
- brand new mattresses from Sleep Country
- full bathroom with bathtub on main floor
- master suite upstairs with a king size bed
- upstairs bathroom has rain shower
-2 floor mattresses with beddings are stored in the closet upstairs to accommodate 2 extra people (totalling 8 people)
CHILDREN's amenities: 1 high chair, 1 baby gate, plastic cutlery, plates and cups.
Enjoy a complete "retreat experience" at our family-friendly log house. We wanted to create a warm, beautiful space that had all the comforts of the modern world—comfy beds, WiFi access, washer and dryer, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, fridge, stove.
We have equipped the kitchen with all of the utensils necessary for cooking and have tried to make the area both functional and beautiful! If you'd like to see something in the log house that isn't currently provided, please contact us and we'll do our best to provide it during your stay!
We've poured our heart and soul into creating a comfortable, inviting space for your family to enjoy a relaxing getaway. We hope you like this log house as much as we do!
The Log House is a whole house rental.
Our property manager lives close by, and can greet you on your arrival. However, most of the time we will use a lock box.
Our property manager lives nearby, but unless you need us, you won't see us in the property.
Claudine is available by cell anytime (you will get cell number once you confirm your booking).
Our property manager lives in the neighbourhood, just in case you need anything.
Please read the checkout list by the front door before leaving the property.
If you want to bring your pet, please check with us first. Pets are accepted on a case-to-case basis.
By renting our Log House, you agree to the following rules:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the property.
2. Please ensure that the BBQ is properly turned OFF after use.
3. The property is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper (be careful not to use excessive amounts of paper—you can flush more often). No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for any necessary repairs to the system. No solid food waste should be flushed down the toilet or down the sink drain.
4. We have a fire pit BUT it needs to be used according to Roberts Creek Fire Department regulations.
There is a hardcopy of the rules in the binder under the stairs BUT regulations change with each season.
Please visit Roberts Creek Fire Department website for updated rules: roberts creek fire DOT ca
Keep the garden HOSE handy when using the fire pit. We also have a fire extinguisher.
No outdoor fires (other than the fire pit). Outdoor fires are strictly prohibited due to extreme fire danger in our mountain and forest setting. No fireworks. No fireworks are permitted in or around the rental property.
5. Only people listed on the "guest party" are allowed to stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the guest.
6. Treat the property as though it was your own and keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
7. Pets are NOT allowed, except with previous authorization from the owners.
8. Please keep your vehicles inside the property and not on the street.
9. There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the unit. Please bring beach towels, for use outside of the house.
10. Garbage and recycling can be taken away with you or left in the Log House—Make sure you follow the garbage instructions (entrance of the house, and outside by garbage cans). Garbage days are THURSDAYS. If you are at the Log House on a Thursday, please put can unlocked at the curb in the morning.
11. This is a family neighbourhood and we encourage family gatherings and BBQs. However, loud parties with aggressive behaviour or excessive drinking are not allowed. Please respect our neighbours peace. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am.
12. We expect regular wear and tear on the property. If you break or damage something please let the Homeowner know so that the Homeowner can arrange for its replacement or repair. The cost of replacement or repair may be charged to you at the sole discretion of the Homeowner.
13. Please respect our neighbours' property and please stay on the roads or public trails when hiking (no crossing our neighbours properties).
14. Do not approach or feed any wild animals including birds. Animals of any size are potentially dangerous. Do not allow small children to be outdoors without adult supervision.
15. We recently purchased a canoe for the Log House. There are paddles and life jackets as well as equipment to attach the canoe on top of your car to take the canoe to the water. PLEASE NOTE: when you choose to use the canoe, you are doing so at your OWN RISK. The owners of the Log House are NOT responsible for any accidents or damages that can happen while you are using the canoe. Our Insurance company does not cover any damages or accidents caused by your decision to use the canoe.
16. Our insurance company requires you to give us all the names in your party, including names and ages for the children (under 21 years old).
There is a hard copy of the rental agreement on the table under the stairs at the cabin.
Life has been interesting!
Kika and I have been friends for a long time now, and decided to have this amazing adventure to own a vacation home together :)
I started as an Airbnb host almost 3 years ago, renting a suite in my house - Secluded Oasis - to supplement income to my vintage furniture business.
In December 2015, I decided to close my shop to dedicate myself to my real estate business and new adventure - the Log House in the Sunshine Coast.
My friend Kika Souza and I (together with our husbands) bought the Log House as a vacation property for our family, friends AND Airbnb guests! We are excited to share our beautiful sanctuary with you.
A little bit about each one of us:
Claudine: I am a very happy wife and mother of a 21-year-old son. I have a passion for vintage treasures. I find myself imagining how those things were used many many times a long time ago, like a vintage silver teapot. I love incorporating vintage and recycled items in my decor, and you can see that in my places :) Taking care of my family (including two dogs) and my business keep me very busy!
The little time I have to spare, I meet my friends, cook and watch TV!
I love meeting new people and will do my best to help everyone I meet!
My friends say my best asset is kindness (and the ability to laugh at myself!).
What I find so interesting in being an Airbnb host is the connections we make with people! I met wonderful people that became my friends. What a pleasant surprise!
About my friend Kika:
Kika is another kind soul. She fell in love with the Sunshine Coast and invited me to go in this adventure with her. Together we found Roberts Creek, and we knew that was the perfect for our vacation home!
Kika is a Yoga teacher, with a tourism background (perfect Airbnb host profile!). Kika is a super busy mom of a 14-year old son and a 12-year old daughter. Kika loves to help people and is an active volunteer in her kids school and in the community. She has a passion for healthy living and is constantly trying to find ways to improve herself through good nutrition, meditation and exercise. Kika loves to travel, meeting new people and places. She makes new friends everywhere she goes :)
We both work very hard on the Log House and we are thrilled to share this space with our families, friends and guests. We hope you love the place as much as we do!