minimalistic, quiet (no street noise), cosy & spacious 70sqm loft in 19th century apartment building on 3rd floor. 6 big windows -one a french balcony- illuminate the loft. high ceilings, antique parquet, shower & toilet. central heating & a fully equipped kitchen.
a minimalists paradise!
if you like "off the beaten path-" experiences, you surely find all of those, while staying here:
the loft is located in vienna´s most vibrant and trendy neighbourhood called the "brunnen-viertel" (“well-quarter") in the 16th district.
there is a daily "organic" farmers-street-market, several supermarkets, pharmacies, drugstores and plenty of art-shops "just outside the door" waiting for you to discover.
you can enjoy small music-, theatre- and art-exhibitions or the multicultural flair of the streets nearby all year round.
and the loft is equipped with the most important implicitness you need to just stay "at home" and relax.
so, every comfort you can think of, is near at hand, as well as public transport connecting you to all other major and minor attractions of vienna.
guests can access the whole apartment.
NOTE: please respect the hosts privacy. as this is still a private place. so don't snoop around (as you wouldn't want somebody do in your own place). there are some private/personal things, not meant for the guests.
thank you for your understanding!
the host will be there when you arrive and leave. and lives just near by. in case you need immediate help! besides that you will have the apartment to yourself!
washer (for clothes - ask the host for help), dishwasher, oven, fridge and bialetti coffee machine are available as well.
and for all those who need it warm and cosy: there is a central heating - of course! :-).
many of our guests are very happy about the fact but a few guests asked us to mention the listed fact that smoking is allowed in our loft. pls take that under consideration, if you're a strict no smoker and tend to be sensitive towards tobacco smell.
common some sense guidelines:
- sharing means taking care of each other. so be kind and respectful, as you wish to be treated.
- be careful with open fire and/or in other potentially dangerous tools and situations.
- please don´t smoke where you sleep.
- always take off your shoes in the anteroom and use house shoes in the apartment (damageable parquet floor) please.
- handle all household equipment and inventory with the necessary care.
- please avoid to lose the apartment keys.
sustainable living recommendations:
- we have waste separation for: residual waste, paper, metals & plastics. try to participate.
- try to avoid buying plastic wrapped and one-way products. ask for help if you need guidance.
- buy local / organic groceries and other products. avoid "convince-food", there is a well equipped kitchen and a huge, multicultural farmers market just around the corner.
- DON`T buy (plastic) bottled water. the tap-water quality in vienna is perhaps the best in the world (in comparison with other large cities).
- try to save energy: turn off all unnecessary stand-by devices. use lights only when needed and try not to waste fresh-water (but you still can take a bath ... can be quite romantic ;-)
- enjoy vienna by foot (free of charge (!) public bicycles or public transport). vienna is a relative small city.