Amazingly located sunny home in the heart of the Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort overlooking the golf course. Accommodates 10; perfect for 2 families, 4 couples or group of friends. Relax watching the sunset/stars from your private Jacuzzi hottub overlooking the golf course after a day of adventures. Ski lifts only 2mins away via free shuttle bus right out the front door. Free Recreation Center passes for all guests: 4 pools, tennis, spa, games room, bocce ball, wonderful hiking paths.
NEW YEAR'S EVE WEEK AVAILABLE BOOK NOW! - 7 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY $999/night - Sat Dec 30 2017 to Sat Jan 6, 2018
LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION!
Come and stay in our beautifully sunny, well-equipped mountain home with its OWN PRIVATE HOT TUB SPA on a wrap-around deck overlooking the famous Northstar golf course, in one of the best locations in the Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort!
The house comfortably accommodates 10 people, but there are enough beds for 12. It is remarkably well-designed for everyone's privacy. It also has great common areas; with kitchen, living room with big screen TV & sliding glass doors off dining area opening to the sunny, very large wrap-around-deck, with jacuzzi set at 104F all year and luxury gas BBQ ready to go! All overlooks the Northstar Golf Course, with a view of the the ski mountain in the distance.
Accommodates 4 couples all with totally private rooms (as long as there is no one sleeping downstairs in The Apartment, see below for more info.) There are 6 Sleeping areas; 4 bedrooms (2 queens, 2 doubles), a mezzanine loft (with 2 singles), and a salon (with 2 singles).
THE MAIN HOUSE:
1. Main Master Bedroom: Upstairs in the Main House is the Master Bedroom which has a QUEEN SIZED BED (sleeps 2) with TV and an adjoining master bathroom. Its balcony overlooks the golf course.
2. Main Loft-room: Next-door but separate from the Master Bedroom is a Loft Room which is a mezzanine/loft bedroom that overlooks the living room and has 2 SINGLE BEDS (sleeps 2). The Master Bedroom and this Loft Room share a bathroom (white in photos) with shower, which is actually an en-suite to the Master Bedroom (it has 2 doors which can be locked, blocking entrance from the loft area). Sleeping Areas 1 + 2 work well for a family with 1-2 children.
3. Main Downstairs Double Bedroom: on the ground floor in the Main House there is a DOUBLE BED (sleeps 2). In this room there is also a pull out love seat sized bed (sleeps 1), a desk and a chair. With sliding glass doors which open directly onto the wrap-around deck.
4. Other Main Downstairs Double Bedroom: also with a DOUBLE BED, a desk and a chair. It also has it's own sliding glass doors that open directly onto the wrap-around deck.
Bedrooms 3 & 4 share the red bathroom, with tub and shower, separate water closet, situated off the hallway on the Main Floor.
"THE APARTMENT" is in the Main House, but it has a separate entrance from outside, and also a door accessing it from inside the Main House (in the tiled hallway). So it has it's own privacy from the Main House, and works well for a couple, with 1-2 children.
5. "The Apartment's" Twins Ground-floor: On the ground floor in The Apartment there are TWIN BEDS (sleeps 2).
6. The Apartment's" Queen Loft Room: Upstairs in The Apartment is a QUEEN SIZED bed, this is a mezzanine/loft so looks over the two singles downstairs (sleeps 2). If however no-one is sleeping in the The Apartment Twins on the ground-floor, this Queen Bed will be totally private. As you can lock the adjoining door between The Main House and "The Apartment."
The Apartment's bathroom is on its ground floor, it has a shower.
The dining table, with the leaf extension in it, does fit 10 people, perhaps 12 if the group includes kids.
The kitchen is just as seen in the photos - a square shape with a seating bar for two on the side facing the oven. Large refrigerator with side-by-side freezer. The oven is standard 30 inch with gas stovetop, with a microwave above it. Large double black, extra deep black sinks. Granite tiled counter tops with plenty of space for cooking. Cabinets hold all the necessary cooking equipment for your family meals. Dishwasher is very quiet. Pantry is adjacent to refrigerator & has plenty of space for holding food and miscellaneous serving dishes & small appliances.
Living room forms a square seating area with a 3 seater couch, 2 seat love seat, chair. They surround the coffee table. More room to sit on the fireplace. Extra seats from dining table can be pulled up for larger group in living room.
The house has a regulation size horse shoe pit in huge area below the deck!
Guests have private use of the whole house: The Main House + The Apartment. The Main House and The Apartment both have their own separate entrances from outside. There is a door in the main hallway in the Main House that opens directly into The Apartment (this door can be locked from within The Apartment if necessary.)
We live in the Bay Area so we will have no interaction with guests at all - it will be Your Home!
When your booking is confirmed, we will send you our House & Northstar Resort Guide, which lists everything you need to know about the house and the Resort, with links to the events calendars, piste maps, biking maps, summer and winter activities, all our favorite restaurants etc etc
If you have any questions at all during your stay, you can contact us at any time either by phone, text, direct message or email. In the rare event of an emergency, we have our local Clean Team and amazing Maintenance Manager, Jeff, who know the house inside out and can perform any fixes needed.
RESORT ACTIVITIES & RECREATION CENTER:
Northstar-at-Tahoe offers more amenities and activities than any other resort in the Tahoe Basin! Only members of the Northstar Property Owners Assoc., their guests, and renters (You!) have free access to the Northstar Homeowner's Recreation Center. Here is a list of just some of the available amenities that are just a 3 minute free shuttle ride (just call them and they'll collect you), or 10 minute walk from the house:
- Outdoor Heated Lap Pool, 3 other pools
- Outdoor Spas
- Fitness Center with State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Tennis Center with 10 courts
- Massage Therapy Center
- Teen Center: Games Room with Traditional Games and Video Games = WONDERFUL FUN
- Day Care for 2 Years and Up
ACTIVITIES IN NORTHSTAR VILLAGE:
- 9,000sq ft Ice Skating Rink in winter / Roller Skating Rink in summer
- Live music every Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Daily and Nightly Live Events, Concerts, and Shows
- Many Events for Children, from Movie Theaters to Arts & Crafts
- Fire pits (winter)
- Complimentary, fresh-baked s'mores every day at 3:30pm (winter)
- Bungee Trampoline & Ropes Challenge (summer)
- Spider Climb (summer)
- Gem Panning (summer)
- Miniature Golf (summer)
- Kid's Adventure Club (summer)
- Rock Wall (summer)
- Bungee Trampoline (summer)
- Pottery Painting & Candle Making (summer)
SUMMER ACTIVITIES in NORTHSTAR:
- Mountain Bike Park & Hiking – the most extensive lift-served Mountain Bike Park in the Western U.S. 52 Trails covering 100+ Miles, accessed by 3 lifts.
- Golf: 18 holes (par 72)
- Fly Fishing: 10-acre stocked reservoir (Sawmill Lake)
- Walking the many walking trails
- Lake Tahoe is 10 mis drive away
WINTER ACTIVITIES in NORTHSTAR:
- Skiable Acres: 3,170
- Cross Country Skiing: 23.7 km
- Snowshoeing: 32.5 km
- Telemark Skiing
- Ski Lifts: 20
- Ski Trails: 100 (13% Beginner, 60% Intermediate, 27% Advanced)
- Gladed Tree Skiing: 7 trails, 600+ acres
- Gate-Accessed Advanced Terrain: 347 acres
- Terain Parks & Pipes: 8
- Snowmaking Coverage: 50% (largest snowmaking system in N. Lake Tahoe)
- Wilderness warming huts, stocked daily with hot chocolate and hot tea, picnic tables, and great vistas of the Martis Valley and Lake Tahoe.
- 4 on-piste restaurants for dining
November 23rd: Opening Day
November 26th: Tree Lighting Ceremony
December 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd: Noel Nights
December 10th: Northern Lights Festival
December 23rd: Breakfast with Santa
December 31st: New Years Eve Fireworks
Dec 17th, Dec 26th, Dec 29th, Jan 14th, Feb 18th, March 11th: Stargazing Snowshoe Tours
Dec 25th, Jan 1st, Jan 16th, Feb 20th, April 16th: Family Afternoon Snowshoe Tours
Jan 7th, Jan 21st, Jan 28th, Feb 4th, Feb 11th, Feb 25th, March 4th: Twilight Snowshoe Tours
Every Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Live Music in The Village
Pets Welcome - please let us know if you have a pet you would like to bring, and once your booking is confirmed we will add an extra $50 fee per pet for cleaning.
Early Check-In / Late Check-Out - is often possible, so just message us a few days before your Check-In date and we will confirm if it's ok.
No smoking on the entire property as we are in a very high risk fire zone.
I 've lived in the SF Bay Area for 40 + years, and in my Northstar home for 2 years from 2011 to 2013, when I moved back to Marin to be close to granddaughters. We still to return to the home 6-7 mos per year. I'll be doing a number of improvements in April in response to comments from prior guests. Please know there is much more beyond Northstar in Truckee and Lake Tahoe in terms of special events, solid community organizations and a base of remarkably warm, caring, happy people, than one can understand on intermittent visits. Shopping is terrific, and I try to keep brochures, local newspapers, coupons, maps, etc around the house. The Chamber of Commerce at the Truckee Rail Station has an abundance of these as well.
Locals residents are remarkably happy, I think, because rich or poor, those who have chosen to live, or deliberately moved here, are just grateful to be able enjoy this remarkable environment full of recreational choices every day of their lives.
I'm an avid traveller, and have been to many, of the world's most interesting and beautiful cities and countries. I discovered Airbnb while travelling last winter in Costa Rica, Mexico, and Ecuador, when I stayed in a number of Airbnb homes. I could not have met so many delightful new friends, (the hostesses, other I have large supply of current brochures with discounts, maps, and books to share. as well as as a solid personal knowledge of this spectacular area.
I've had countless friends and renters return to my home repeatedly over many, many years. People just seem to love it's setting on the golf course and western exposure, its overall coziness, the floorpan with direct access each bedroom room has to the outside. The house is well designed to give guests peace, quiet, and plenty of privacy
Come join the fun and all the many amenities that Northstar at Tahoe and our phenomenal lake and surrounding communities have to offer kids of all ages!