A comfortable room in an apartment which has a new bathroom and free wifi.
There are excellent transport links to central London and to shopping in Croydon.
It is also a short bus ride away from the cool area of Crystal Palace.
Snug double room in purpose-built two-bedroomed flat. Share with easy-going owner.
While the room is for one person, I am happy to consider requests for two people (sharing the bed) who wish to book a short stay, for example over a weekend.
I would ask for an extra £10 per night (cash) for this.
There is a big lounge a big fridge, a modern bathroom with double-head shower and free WiFi.
Parking is available on site. You will have your own cupboard to store food. I will provide you with two sets of bed linen and towels, please feel free to use the washer and the tumble dryer for those and for your clothes.
The room comes with a small television with Freeview.
The apartment is very near two railway stations:
1. Selhurst (2 minutes walk)
22 minutes to London Victoria
Change at Croydon for services to Brighton and Gatwick Airport.
2. Norwood Junction (7 minutes walk)
12 minutes to London Bridge
25 minutes to Shoreditch High Street
Direct services to Gatwick Airport.
There is a frequent bus service from the road outside our aparment. The buses go to:
1. Croydon (nearby big town with shopping centres, cinemas, retail parks, a fruit and vegetable market, bars and clubs).
2. Crystal Palace (this is a 'cool' area of South London with a big public park, nice pubs, several restaurants and a clothes and antiques market).
You can use all items in the kitchen (except for the expensive dinner service which is stowed away).
There is a cupboard and two shelves in the fridge set aside for your use.
The washing machine and tumble dryer are there for you to use, but please bear in mind it is far cheaper to use these after 6pm.
Guests can help themselves to tea, instant coffee, sugar and seasonings. I do not drink milk so please let me know if you would like me to arrange some (no charge) for your arrival.
The lounge is large and you are free to share it. WIFI is absolutely free.
You are free to do your own thing.
I would be happy to show you around the local area (shops, bus journeys, bars and restaurants) but only if you wish.
On some weekends, I will be away from the home but a friend who lives nearby will be available if you need any help.
Please be aware that I am deaf although I can speak and hear well with lipreading skills and hearing aids.
For guests arriving at weekdays, I would prefer it if you could arrive after 6pm. However I am happy to be flexible on this but please let me know.
Please do not ask to stay longer if the calendar does not show those dates as available.
You can have a friend to stay for the occasional night - please read the listing carefully. This does not mean that two people can make a booking, apart from at weekends.
* Make sure that the front door is securely locked when you leave the apartment - please follow my demonstration which I will give when you arrive.
* lock all doors and windows when you are away from the property (flat is on ground floor)
* always lock the front door when you are in the apartment
* turn the sign on your door to the appropriate position - 'I am in' or 'I am out' (as I do not easily hear if you are in the apartment)
* leave a note or contact me if you are going to be away overnight (e.g. at a friend's house in London)
* let me know if you need the cleaner (on Wednesdays on alternate weeks) to tidy your room or not
* spray the shower with the 'daily shower cleaner' after use - you do not need to wipe the shower.
* use the tumble dryer only after 6pm on weekdays.
* I am right by the exit door to the courtyard if you wish to smoke
I consider myself an easy-going chap and a typical Briton in that I like football, films, comedy and a nice pint of beer.
You should note that I am hearing impaired. I can communicate very well with hearing aids and lip reading. However, it is difficult for me to hear on the telephone so please send me a text message or email if you need to contact me regarding your arrival time.
As a host, I try to make my guests feel almost at home, and I am happy to help with travel or local advice. On the first day, I am willing to show the guest around the essentials (supermarket, station, late-night store).
Household stuff is available for the guest to share - washing powder, tumble dryer, WiFi, etc).
I provide all cutlery and crockery and you will have full use of the kitchen. To save you buying your own, you are free to use the salt, pepper, spices etc to help you with your cooking.
I go out socially at least once a week and most mornings I will go to the gym before work. Sometimes friends or family, will visit and they will sleep on a camp bed in the lounge and will not affect the AirBnB guest's arrangements.
If you would like a friend to visit you for a night or two, then that is fine - please see the details page for the small extra cost.
I have lived in London since 2000 and would be happy to give you any tips for places to visit.
I have travelled across the USA, have visited many destinations in Europe and in 2015 I spent time working in Australia and Hong Kong.