Welcome to Flatbush! ~~ A multicultural, hip-yet-authentic neighborhood ~~ Stylish, affordable, PRIVATE retreat (your own entrance, bathroom, kitchen, washer/dryer) in a 1912 townhouse ~~ Walk to 3 SUBWAYS (Q, 2, 5) in 7-12 minutes ~~ Explore FOODIE PARADISE on nearby Cortelyou Road (restaurants, bars, cafes, organic groceries + boutiques, yoga studio, 4 gyms) ~~ See a show at the historic KINGS THEATRE, just 3 blocks away ~~ Relax or BBQ in the BACKYARD ~~ Walk to Prospect Park in 20 minutes!
Our house rules are pretty much common sense:
- No smoking (or tobacco products of any kind) indoors, please. Feel free to smoke in the front or back yards, however.
- No gatherings or parties during your stay, please. When you reserve, you agree not to bring companions or friends/guests into our home that are not part of your original reservation.
- Please take off your shoes inside. We provide slippers for your comfort!
- Please conserve energy. Turn off all lights, air conditioners, etc. whenever you leave the house.
- Please recycle (we will get fined by the city if we don't comply).
- For everyone's safety, please do not allow strangers into the building—even if they claim to work for NYC or a utility company.
- We welcome quiet, well-behaved dogs if you seek approval in advance.
We are professors who teach in the City University of New York (CUNY) system; our house is located within walking distance of our campus. Although originally Amy came from California and Scott from Michigan, we have lived in New York City for more than 20 years -- most of that time in Brooklyn, the borough we love. When we're not teaching, we're usually traveling. We love cooking at home and we also seek out interesting local food and restaurants, both at home and elsewhere. We love theater, music, writing books, learning about wine, adventures to new places, and animals of all kinds.