Renovated sandstone terrace boasts a great lounge room & deck, 2 bedrooms separated by a floor of living space. Three single beds in the room on offer, two are king single (bunk), with the third being a single freestanding bed as pictured. Walk to the city, museum,galleries, Botanic Gardens,Opera House/Bridge.
This terrace is unique because of the layout.
There are 128 sq/mt of living area. On the first level there is an open plan lounge, then dining leading to a large deck. Perfect for entertaining and relaxing with family and friends. The deck has a gas BBQ with a northerly aspect, travertine floor and comfy lounge. The lane is amazingly quiet for being so close to the city. No traffic or aircraft noise:)
A leafy, pretty side access also gives a sense of security, plus the jasmine covered wall gives a great scent. From the street this 130 year old terrace hides an abundance of treats within its rustic and original facade.
Downstairs (on ground level, first floor) is a full new kitchen, bathroom with spa bath and shower, second bedroom and hallway where entry is located. The king single bunk bed has good quality mattresses (x 2) suitable for adult or child. There is a third bed on the other side which is a freestanding single with an excellent mattress.
The second floor is the lounge and dining leading to the large deck. In the lounge area a cozy rug covers antique floorboards over a foot wide, adding to the character and charm of the home. Newly restored sandstone walls give a sense of the old meeting new, with a warmth and protection second to none.
On level three (the attic), a king bed (most comfy you will ever lay on), made from latex. Latex is bug and germ resistant as well as perfect for supporting backs. You will sleep like a baby guaranteed. There is also a new en-suite with shower toilet and basin, so no need to go down two flights of stairs to the other bathroom.
The total house floor measure is 128 square meters. Comprising of - Living area 29 sq/mt, with additional 13 squ/mt deck. Downstairs kitchen, hall, bathroom and bedroom are 45 squ/meters. Back courtyard 12 sq/mt. Upstairs bedroom is approx 29 sp/mt but take into account the pitched roof.
PARKING You will find street parking but only with meters. There is a great car park at the Domain, and the rates are very reasonable. Weekends are $10 per/day and weekdays early bird is $17 per/day. Domain is 900meters away.
You will find the house extremely clean. Linen is fresh and crisp and sun/air dried whenever possible. House vacuumed with a powerful Dyson, and steam mop used to kill germs, plus I try to only use eucalyptus for safety and environmental reasons.
NYE bookings 7 nights minimum
Wheel chair access into the house, ground level, lower bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, courtyard is a possibility, but no lift in building.
Smoking outside only please, NOT IN THE HOUSE, and please deposit in the bin outside.
The guests have access to the downstairs bedroom, their own bathroom (with spa bath). The large fridge has room for your breakfast items. The king single bunks are extremely comfy, and the single bed has a top quality . The room is cool and quite with a heater or fan. It can be made very dark with a blackout blind and if you enter late at night it is on the ground floor so it will not disturb anyone.
We live a very healthy active life and would love to host like minded people and introduce them to this beautiful city.
I can give you discount cards to Sydney aquarium, Madam Tussauds, maps and tour guides.
Other things you should consider while in Sydney
1- Blue Mountains and the scenic railway. You can book with tour company for around 140 p/p by coach.
2- Bondi to Bronte walk. You can catch a bus on our next corner to North Bondi then take the Ocean walk to Bronte and beyond. At the moment the Sculptures by the Sea are on so it is extra fun (November December January 2014).
3- Hunter Valley is also a great day trip. Also around $175 by coach. Beautiful country side and great wine.
4- Opera house, a lovely walk through the Botanic Gardens from our house.
Much much more, and I will leave guides in your room.
As little as possible, or as much as needed.... but always happy to answer questions.
This family home is very old and although recently renovated must be dealt with with care :-) This is a shoe free house, to keep it clean and pleasant for all.
- No parties. We like and respect our neighbours and want to maintain the peaceful neighbourhood :)
- NO extra guests that have not been invited by owner.
- There are a few locked cupboards, but plenty of other storage/hanging space is available.
- No food or drink please on the antique white couch.
- No functions or events please unless booked prior.
- Please leave the house as you found it.
- Washer and dryer are available for longer stays (10days +). I will gladly take a bag wash for you to local laundry if I am in town :)
- Please be respectful of other residents in the street and neighbours and keep the noise down after about 10pm.
- If there are any problems during your stay, please let me know asap and I will sort things out.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING in the house. If you do smoke outside please dispose of buts in bin not plants.
- Pets are welcome after discussion with owner, outside only please. Deck and courtyard, with doggy park 30mts down the road. Any damage or stains must be paid for.
- Please let me know prior to departure of any spills, damage or breakages. If not notified, you will be held liable for them.
- There are fly screens on all windows, and I have learnt now it is necessary to remind people not to put there head out the window as it either breaks the screen or pushes it out onto the roof :)
-Also beware of glass roof when wet as it is slippery and will scratch if you put furniture on it or walk on it in shoes.
INTERNET: IMPORTANT TO NOTE - I can supply a loan internet dongle for a small fee ($20), with 3G data, $10 extra for a GB of extra data. It is a 4G device, super fast. Prior notice is required and computer details for interface download.
Please advise if baby needs are required as they are not on premises.
- This is a B&B (bed and breakfast).
I'm passionate about renovation, restoration, recycling and bringing things back to life. My little heritage house has been a work in progress for over 25 years and I love it.
My favourite travel destination to date is Sardinia IT, as it was the most relaxed holiday to date, and my two small girls would agree it was stunningly beautiful.
Sydney has been home for over 20 years, and I could not imaging a more blessed city to live in.
Airbnb has allowed me to spend more time with my children and find flexibility in my work.
I look forward to making your stay perfect.