Architect-designed house in the middle of the design district. Walk to Rod Laver, MCG, Chapel Street & Botanical Gardens. Occupy 2 levels & 2 bedrooms including 2 baths, lounge areas and rooftop with sweeping city skyline views. Park outside the house (permit available). The house incorporates an existing 110 year-old Victorian terrace house with a new modern extension.
This newly completed designer retreat joins a 110 year-old terrace house (with 2 bedrooms downstairs) with a 2 storey modernist extension with internal courtyard, back garden and rooftop garden with sweeping views of the city skyline. Stay in quiet surroundings in a friendly and chic neighbourhood.
The spacious master bedroom upstairs has a new queen sized Sealy ensemble bed with modernist, mid century furniture pieces, teak desk, wardrobe, Eames coffee table, Eames storage unit, teak sideboard, Samsung TV, view of the city, Poul Henningsen artichoke lamp, and Barcelona 3 seater by Mies van der Rohe. The downstairs bedroom also has a modern designer collection of furniture including George Nelson bubble lamp.
In the older part of the 110 year-old Victorian house there there are 2 large rooms with very high ceilings. One of these rooms is where I keep my belongings and the other room is available for you to use. It also contains designer furniture. There is also an old fireplace and a TV.
The open plan living and dining area is decorated with Danish designer mid century furniture including Poul Henningsen lamps, imported Danish chairs and lounge, teak sideboard, and George Nelson clock.
- Private bathroom/toilet
- Luxury Sheridan towels
- New and fully stocked kitchen including dishwasher, caesar stone benchtop, appliances are Smeg & Fischer & Paykel
- Fast and UNLIMITED wifi
- Queen ensemble and wardrobe
- Desk and chairs
- Own the whole floor
Private rooftop with stunning views of the city and surround.
- This is a very quiet neighborhood so no loud noises please
- Please be respectable and polite
- Kitchen: Pls keep the kitchen tidy and clean all areas that you have used including stove, splash back, counter top, etc.
- Bathroom: Pls keep the countertop clean and dry, most importantly do not put anything else other than toilet paper down the toilet, definitely no paper towel, wipes and tampons since the toilet gets blocked easily - if you cause the toilet drain to block or flow slowly you will be charged $600 for plumbing fees
- Rooftop: Pls keep the hatch closed when not upstairs, pls don't step on hatch seals, be careful not to scratch rooftop floor. Please also never leave the hatch door open when you leave. Pls don't go on the rooftop when wet
- western facing blinds - please pull the blinds down fully before you leave the house
- Pls be careful not to mark/stain/scratch any surfaces including floor, walls, furniture etc.
- Pls don't move/drag furniture around or move any objects. If you move objects resulting in scratches you will be charged the price of the whole furniture/floor/wall painting. Any furniture or other objects moved with be charged $30 per item excluding any fee for damages
- dishwashing fees are $35 on top of cleaning fees
- When it's wet pls don't bring wet shoes in, any shoe marks resulting from this will incur $35
- This is a non-smoking house, if you must smoke pls do so at the rooftop away from the hatch or better yet away from the house, any cigarette butts in gardens or rooftop will incur $35
- No plastic bags in recyclables bin
- No noisey activities after 10 pm including music, cooking, laundry, etc. please also try not to shower after 11 pm.
- Pls note that any marks/scratches or other damages noted on any surface (tables, chairs, walls, floors, etc.) will result in deposit deducted using professional handyman rates(usually$100+)
Upon arrival or if I'm not there I will arrange to key for you.
I'm a well travelled professional, easy going, social and enjoy meeting new people. I've visited most parts of the world including North America, Europe, South America, Middle East, Asia and Northern Africa. When I'm not working I enjoy a drink or two and relax with a friend, or exercising to unwind.